Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, thanks bro. Means a lot. Unfortunately, I'm more keyboard critic than comic writer. Still, I think the writers do come by here at times. Hopefully, they can work with these ideas and realize the possibilities of Iron Fist. The latest issue mentioned that the warriors of K'un Lun will stay with Danny too. Maybe we could have a Little K'un Lun in NYC now. Or at least the NYC branch of a K'un Lun school.

I admire how Wong is linking Iron Fist to major characters, like Loki. I'm on board for the AXE tie-in.
    You definitely would be. Co-signed.

Hi all. Just wanted to see if anyone else read the AXE tie-in issue.

It was okay. Now, I'm still a little confused with Lin Lie's brother. He's currently attacking K'un Lun and neither Lin Lie nor Danny are rushing to get there? This is an emergency situation. Like, let's stop the bad guy right now.

Aside from that though, there were many good qualities here. I think Wong wrote a better Loki than Lin Lie in this issue. However, she made interesting parallels between the two characters. Furthermore, she enhanced Lin Lie's Iron Fist powers. He didn't defeat Shou Lao. Rather, Shou Lao accepted Lin Lie. That was pretty cool. Plus, we see Lin Lie reunited with White Fox. Hoping that an Agents of Atlas reunion isn't too far either.

I still believe in Lin Lie. I still think that Iron Fist can play a role within the Marvel Universe.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

It was okay. Now, I'm still a little confused with Lin Lie's brother. He's currently attacking K'un Lun and neither Lin Lie nor Danny are rushing to get there? This is an emergency situation. Like, let's stop the bad guy right now.
    To be fair, Lin Lie was trying to get to K'un L'un right away. He demanded Loki tell him how to get there...but Loki just teleported away.

As for Danny, since he wasn't in this story we don't really know what he is or isn't trying to do. But its probably safe to assume that during the global crisis of the A.X.E. crossover he wouldn't get the opportunity--he's got another emergency to deal with right in front of him first.

Its definitely a plot thread that will have to be picked up at some point though. Hopefully there are plans for another IRON FIST project to continue the story.

Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

I think that's one of the greatest renditions of Iron Fist ever. I've always loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think that's one of the greatest renditions of Iron Fist ever. I've always loved it.
    I know, right?! The 3-issue limited series from '98 is where that image comes from, too bad Pacheco was unable to do any interior art for it at the time...

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-10-2022 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

The way Pacheco practically flaunts how well he draws hands is such a contrast to Liefeld.

Hi all. Just wanted to share some thoughts on Iron Fist, namely the notion of leadership. I've noticed how recently many Marvel heroes are leveling up and becoming leaders. The Punisher, Daredevil, Shang-Chi, and even Danny's best friend Luke Cage have started to take command and head organizations, groups, and cities. That's pretty cool. I certainly think that Danny Rand could become a leader as well.

Starting on a smaller scale, Danny could build a new School of Thunder. And I could definitely see Pei, Lin Lie, and Victor Alvarez as his main disciples:

All of them seem to have started some type of training with Danny. However, it's never come to fruition. I'd like to see a series where Danny follows through with this. I want to see the progression and growth of all of these young kids. Because I know Danny can be a great teacher.

Furthermore, I can already see the interactions between them all. Lin Lie and Victor would be Iron Fist and Power Man 2.0, brothers in arms from two seemingly different backgrounds. Pei would be the plucky and wide-eyed little sister. And all of them would be united under the auspices of the Iron Fist and Danny Rand, who would take on the Thunderer role.

Of course, this would involve all of the characters getting Iron Fist powers. And yes, that would mean Danny gets his powers back.

So yeah, Danny Rand as head of a new School of Thunder with Pei, Lin Lie, and Victor Alvarez is something I'd like to see in the future.
    "I am a man of peace."

Him being a mentor to a group of young heroes would be fun. I would've like him to join DD and Elektra's new group.

Just some more Iron Fist thoughts:

- Seriously, when have we had character progression on the Immortal Weapons front?:

They all look cool, they all look badass, but we haven't had any significant development for over 16 or so years. The only one who has had significant development is Fat Cobra. Personally, I would like to see more of Bride of the Nine Spiders, Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, Dog Brother #1, and Prince of Orphans (are the last two still alive? My memories are hazy). How did they become Immortal Weapons? What is the true extent of their skills and abilities? Why are they so loyal to Danny Rand?

And quite honestly, how good of fighters are they? I want to see that martial technique from them.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Him being a mentor to a group of young heroes would be fun. I would've like him to join DD and Elektra's new group.
    Ha, it would make sense wouldn't it? What better person to be part of The Fist than Iron Fist? However, I feel Danny Rand and his group should be separate from Matt and Elektra. I could see Danny working with Luke Cage and his Thunderbolts. Indeed, both Danny and Luke have a connection with Victor Alvarez. And Danny and Luke are just the broest bros who have ever bro'd .

At the same time, I could see Danny striking out on his own. As of right now, he has a handful of K'un Lun expats living with him. I could see him founding a School of Thunder with these expats as well as Pei, Lin Lie, and Victor. He could possibly be in opposition to Luke and his Thunderbolts. A conflict between brothers, especially those who are leaders, would make for some great stories.
    "I am a man of peace."

Final thought for the night:

So, should Colleen Wing as Iron Fist be adopted into the comics? I think so. For me, this would add a lot of layers to the Iron Fist mythos. In one sense, I think it would explain why Colleen has been so much a part of Danny Rand's life. At the same time, it elevates her by adding more to her backstory. In the Netflix series, Colleen was revealed to be the descendant of Wu Ao-Shi, the Pirate Queen Iron Fist. I think that's pretty cool. Wu Ao-Shi was arguably the most badass former Iron Fist and it would be awesome to see some of that reputation given to Colleen. Plus, I just want to see another chi-infused Samurai sword again.

"I am a man of peace."

Of course, this would involve all of the characters getting Iron Fist powers. And yes, that would mean Danny gets his powers back.
    For what it's worth, I still enjoyed it when Rand helped rebuild his team during the '90s version of Heroes for Hire
    But yeah, I'd love to see the return of Daniel Rand as The Iron Fist (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-09-2022 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

So, should Colleen Wing as Iron Fist be adopted into the comics? I think so. For me, this would add a lot of layers to the Iron Fist mythos. In one sense, I think it would explain why Colleen has been so much a part of Danny Rand's life. At the same time, it elevates her by adding more to her backstory. In the Netflix series, Colleen was revealed to be the descendant of Wu Ao-Shi, the Pirate Queen Iron Fist. I think that's pretty cool. Wu Ao-Shi was arguably the most badass former Iron Fist and it would be awesome to see some of that reputation given to Colleen. Plus, I just want to see another chi-infused Samurai sword again.

I don't mind if she gets the powers but she should get a different mantle. Legacy characters can be more creative with the designs.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-10-2022 at 08:48 AM.

It's been so long I don't see the point in the synergy.

I would like to see more Colleen though.