Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would like to see more Colleen though.
    Me too. There's never enough of her to go around (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. There's never enough of her to go around (LOL):

Nice. I forgot that Colleen had something with Cyclops back in the day.

As for her becoming an Iron Fist, I'll just qualify that by saying I wouldn't want her to be the next Iron Fist per se. It'd be cool to see that lineage and perhaps her tapping into that chi-infusing power. I'd really like to see a chi-infused sword really. But I wouldn't want her taking on the Iron Fist mantle.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Some other thoughts for the night:

Davos and Divine Wolf are characters just begging to come back to the Iron Fist mythos:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/d...f-liu-shu.html

Danny has beaten both. But both of them are still these big, badass "carved out of wood" m'fers. Both have very strong ideas about what K'un Lun should be, though you could argue Divine Wolf is much more honorable than Davos. I would love to see them again, either as working together to take down Danny or heck working with Danny at the new School of Thunder. On a visual appearance, I just love the color contrast of yellow, purple, and orange. The relationship amongst all three of them would be interesting as well. Davos and Divine Wolf still see Danny as being the outsider who stole the Iron Fist title. I guarantee that's how they'd see Lin Lie and probably the new Yu-Ti, Sparrow, as well. They are the reactionaries and the upholders of the true traditions of K'un Lun. Or at least that's how they'd see themselves.

Tons of story potential there.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 12-10-2022 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Some other thoughts for the night:

Davos and Divine Wolf are characters just begging to come back to the Iron Fist mythos:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/d...f-liu-shu.html

Danny has beaten both. But both of them are still these big, badass "carved out of wood" m'fers. Both have very strong ideas about what K'un Lun should be, though you could argue Divine Wolf is much more honorable than Davos. I would love to see them again, either as working together to take down Danny or heck working with Danny at the new School of Thunder. On a visual appearance, I just love the color contrast of yellow, purple, and orange. The relationship amongst all three of them would be interesting as well. Davos and Divine Wolf still see Danny as being the outsider who stole the Iron Fist title. I guarantee that's how they'd see Lin Lie and probably the new Yu-Ti, Sparrow, as well. They are the reactionaries and the upholders of the true traditions of K'un Lun. Or at least that's how they'd see themselves.

Tons of story potential there.
    Is that the main fighter from Brisson's run?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Is that the main fighter from Brisson's run?
    Yep, Divine Wolf was the last baddie Danny faced in Brisson's initial "Trial of the Seven Masters" storyline. He was the original One who fought candidates for Iron Fist before they became Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

Yep, Divine Wolf was the last baddie Danny faced in Brisson's initial "Trial of the Seven Masters" storyline. He was the original One who fought candidates for Iron Fist before they became Iron Fist.
    Oh ok. They were cool and I'd be up for a spinoff. The Brissom run left them in an interesting place where they have to negotiate with Kun Lun. I might've preferred Lin Lie training there. So if they ever adapt Swordmaster for the MCU, I'd use them instead.

Just some more Iron Fist thoughts:

- Seriously, when have we had character progression on the Immortal Weapons front?:

They all look cool, they all look badass, but we haven't had any significant development for over 16 or so years. The only one who has had significant development is Fat Cobra. Personally, I would like to see more of Bride of the Nine Spiders, Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, Dog Brother #1, and Prince of Orphans (are the last two still alive? My memories are hazy). How did they become Immortal Weapons? What is the true extent of their skills and abilities? Why are they so loyal to Danny Rand?

And quite honestly, how good of fighters are they? I want to see that martial technique from them.
    I'm sad they never took off. They were cool concepts and Marvel should do more with them. Especially because they're all into representation. So using them to build up East Asian characters would be the way to go for me.

Maybe Lin Lie can inspire them to take on new apprentices?

I'd give them to Gene Yang, Greg Pak or Emily Kim.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Nice. I forgot that Colleen had something with Cyclops back in the day.

As for her becoming an Iron Fist, I'll just qualify that by saying I wouldn't want her to be the next Iron Fist per se. It'd be cool to see that lineage and perhaps her tapping into that chi-infusing power. I'd really like to see a chi-infused sword really. But I wouldn't want her taking on the Iron Fist mantle.
    The funny thing is I don't think she ever appeared again after she gave him the key to her apartment .

She also mentioned it in one of the Spider-Man: Beyond issues she was in, I believe.

I wonder if they should try hooking her up with Danny like they did in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they should try hooking her up with Danny like they did in the MCU.
    I know, right?! Before they settled on Misty, Dan+Colleen was my OTP

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-12-2022 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Finn Jones' thoughts about returning to Iron Fist and the series potentially coming back:

https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-finn-jones-danny-rand/

Here are the main highlights:
    During an interview on Geekscape, the topic of Charlie Cox reprising his role as Matt Murdock from Daredevil was brought up and Jones was asked if he'd also want to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Iron Fist. "I'd love another chance," he said. "I care about Danny Rand deeply, I believe in that character, I think there's a lot of work to be done. There's something about the underdog, y'know? I love the underdog narrative. I love the ability to prove someone wrong, and I want to prove all those motherfuckers wrong. I know I have it in me and I know I can give the Danny Rand performance that fans want and that is possible."
    Also, if Finn comes back, then the other Heroes for Hire have to come back too:
    As for what form Danny Rand's return would take, Jones offered his ideas. "I think it would be really cool to see a Heroes for Hire series. That's the way to bring it back," he explained. "But then also have Colleen [Wing, played by Jessica Henwick] come back and for Colleen to still be the Iron Fist...Colleen Iron Fist should be fucking A1 movies, you know? She deserves that, and she's great for doing that. And I would love to see her show up in something like that and then to have Danny and Luke [Cage, played by Mike Colter] on their own series and then over the course of seasons of television and films, you see those characters come together again in a dynamic and real way."
    Iron Fist was the only character that got the short end for during the Netflix shows. I'm all for Finn to prove others wrong and for the Colleen, Misty, and Luke to all come back.

BUT, if Finn is going to do this, he's got to goddamn commit. No more fight coordinators or fellow actors telling how Finn did not put the work in for this. He's got to put in the work for this.
    "I am a man of peace."

Finn Jones' thoughts about returning to Iron Fist and the series potentially coming back:

https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-finn-jones-danny-rand/

Here are the main highlights:

Also, if Finn comes back, then the other Heroes for Hire have to come back too:

Iron Fist was the only character that got the short end for during the Netflix shows. I'm all for Finn to prove others wrong and for the Colleen, Misty, and Luke to all come back.

BUT, if Finn is going to do this, he's got to goddamn commit. No more fight coordinators or fellow actors telling how Finn did not put the work in for this. He's got to put in the work for this.
    I'd say the Hand got the short stick too. They have a similar problem in that they are both characters who don't really work as a focus. Recent writers had problems using either characters well to me.

I'd thought the writing for the first season failed Danny and Finn Jones so I'm hoping Fiege and the others make better choices. I think Danny was a poor fit for a solo show so I'd put him in an ensemble. I would've put him in Agents of SHIELD if that show was still on.

I'm hoping Gene Yang or Greg Pak gets to do something with Danny in the comics. They helped me be interested in Shang-chi so I'm curious if they have a cool take on Danny.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2022 at 02:19 PM.