Page 765 of 886 FirstFirst ... 265665715755761762763764765766767768769775815865 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 13279

Maybe Jean will need Emma's help in X-Men Red... it took 3 telepaths to take down spoilers:
    Cassandra Nova in Mpirroson's New X-Men
    end of spoilers after all. Jean probably wants nothing to do with Emma after she learned of the dumpster fire Emma caused in IvX though. Total character assassination!!!

But Emma neeeeeeds to be in X-Men Red. People would be talking about it nonstop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Maybe Jean will need Emma's help in X-Men Red... it took 3 telepaths to take down spoilers:
    Cassandra Nova in Mpirroson's New X-Men
    end of spoilers after all. Jean probably wants nothing to do with Emma after she learned of the dumpster fire Emma caused in IvX though. Total character assassination!!!

But Emma neeeeeeds to be in X-Men Red. People would be talking about it nonstop.
    I think Bunn is better than Taylor, if he decides to not throw Emma under the bus in the Mothervine storyline.
    I would rather have Bunn handle her in an antihero book to be honest.

Well...you know Emma was watching and is aware of the pickle Jean is now in. That could provide a window for her to walk in and offer some means of assistance.

Even though I know it's unlikely I'm still holding my hopes up that Mothervine will end with Emma and Havok betraying the other douchebags because they had their own (good) plan all along. Like during Dark Reign.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I hope someone, and I agree with the thread so far that Bunn is likely the best shot we have so far, brings Emma back to prominance. But I think she should be heroic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Emma and Jean working together in partnership would be great. I could buy this book.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Emma and Jean working together in partnership would be great. I could buy this book.
    Yesssss.

Also, Tom Taylor is a good writer. I don't think he'd throw Emma under the bus.

-

So I was under the impression that Bunn wrote DoX and IvX, given all the dislike for his work on Emma here. But I just realized Lenore and Soule wrote Emma. I would say Emma was abysmal in IvX #6, and that's where a lot of our dislike comes from.

I try to critique the work as a whole and not a writer as a person. They're just one person, so who knows how much editorial played a hand in it. Lemire said he didn't enjoy writing the X-Men because the plots were already deciddd for him.

On the other hand, IvX could have been OK if the implementation was more nuanced. It all felt very forced and like their specific goal was to write Emma out of the X-Men and villainize her.

I wanted Emma far away from Jean but Im actually open to the idea of her turning up in Red. I mentioned in that thread but I think it would be interesting if Nova assembles a team of Dark X-men modeled after the Morrison team.

Cyclops - Basilisk or resurrected Vulcan
    Wolverine - Daken
    Phoenix - Maddie
    White Queen - Lady Mastermind
    Dark Beast
    Professor X - Nova

Emma joining forces to take the imposters could be a treat to watch

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yesssss.

Also, Tom Taylor is a good writer. I don't think he'd throw Emma under the bus.

-

So I was under the impression that Bunn wrote DoX and IvX, given all the dislike for his work on Emma here. But I just realized Lenore and Soule wrote Emma. I would say Emma was abysmal in IvX #6, and that's where a lot of our dislike comes from.

I try to critique the work as a whole and not a writer as a person. They're just one person, so who knows how much editorial played a hand in it. Lemire said he didn't enjoy writing the X-Men because the plots were already deciddd for him.

On the other hand, IvX could have been OK if the implementation was more nuanced. It all felt very forced and like their specific goal was to write Emma out of the X-Men and villainize her.
    People hate on Bunn here because a lot were expecting the guy to be some kind of magical fix to the character, but the course Emma has been set is an editorial mandated one so there's not much he could do at the time. Not sure on Mothervine since that's still a bit away and who knows where that's going. Neither Emma nor Havok seemed particularly Eeeevil or Craaazy when they went to join Bastion and Ms. S. In fact, it seemed to be more a means to an end rather than a full on crazy town.

Honestly, I did enjoyed the Bunn stuff because while she was still written in a crazy with grief way it was far more humanizing than all that stuff going on in IvX and DoX (Plus Jeen being the soul X-Man, Beast not included, to realize that Emma is going through stuff rather than it being a heel turn). And given her more stable appearances after in JG and the fall out of SE one would think she's more or less back to being stable at the very least. I'm hopeful that Bunn can course correct but we'll see.

I don't know. Emma thought the idea of Genosha and Utopia were bad ideas as seen in Uncanny X-Men 515 about being a target just on the west coast and using the childrens corpses as ballast so that's something they agree on. But Xavier's back anyway. Also Selene would be the White Queen cause she's petty and pissed that Emma used her monkier as seen in Necrosha

BANNED

So, fans of Emma Frost, which version of the character do you like the most? There have been quite a few writers who have given her her voice. Which writer's voice do you like the most? The one from Morrison, where she speaks with some sort of an AbFab speech pattern? Or Claremontian one? Or Bendis?

Unpopular opinion(?): I really enjoyed Whedon's Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I dont think thats unpopular

BANNED

I've only read Morrison's run, Whedon's run, and Bendis's run. Whedon's Emma has the sass that Morrison's Emma has, but at the same time, under Whedon, she also speaks with authority, and very shrewd and possesses the foresight to get Kitty in the team to stop herself from doing something that would betray the x-Men. Whedon's Emma is pretty well-rounded, and Cassaday's art never hurts.

I think everyone here did to a different extent. The problem isn't Whedon himself but following writers missinterpretation of what Whedon did to her. Most people attribute the supposed e-clawing to him. I blame Fraction for a lot of the misshandling really. The stupi omega telepath thing came from him as well.