Page 432 of 886 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    And it all seems to come down to...she has sex and not for procreation!
    But that's the point. Emma Frost really does not sleep around. She dress's provocatively while actually being rather conservative. How she dresses and acts is just a facade hiding her true self.

Happy International Women's Day

This is a fate worse than death. Not only has decades of character development been thrown out for her boyfriend. Even her return to villainy is now plagued by a hideous uniform that serves as a constant reminder that apparently she is NOTHING without Cyclops.

Emma is unique; she's from privilege but rebels against the establishment from within. (This is why she is so conflicted and many distrust her). Emma is defined by her independence, confidence; she embraces herself flaws and all. That is an important POV in a book that is representing minorities, outcasts, and the disenfranchised. She does not believe that anyone HAS to confirm to mainstream/societal norms. She values education first and foremost - another rare POV that is only truly shared by Xavier.

Most super women are expected to be a certain way and Emma has the guts to counter that. (You all can slut shame her till the sun goes down, but a majority of female characters wear the same or even less clothes and many have had more partners and less long term relationships than she.) No matter whether you like her or not... she is interesting, she challenges us. No one needs to be a certain way.

Emma broke the mold. That why we love or love to hate her.

Marvel took that away from her by making her so dependent on Cyclops. Having this happen on International Women's Day is obviously not intentional, but on a day of celebrating women and their independence; Emma, the nontraditional female superhero, is set back to going evil because her EX boyfriend died (Because like most comic book girlfriends - she is nothing without her man). I've seen this coming for years and its why I've never supported the relationship between Emma and Cyclops. It has been a disservice to her character. The seeds were planted in Fraction's Uncanny and here we are today. To quote Emma from Utopia "It was Scott's plan all along."

I need to reread Generation X stat
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Only just realised Blackbolt tried to blitz her from behind, he was a blur and she managed to turn around and impale him. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Only just realised Blackbolt tried to blitz her from behind, he was a blur and she managed to turn around and impale him. lol
    Lemoule was probably really proud of themselves that that training scene from the #0 issues finally paid off.

My favorite panel from the issue, gave her a nice boost in power in diamond form lol

My only hope is that evil Emma is forgotten as fast and easy as the ending of Uncanny X-men #600.

My worst nightmare is that she will be tied to the Inhuman books. I won't be buying those books even if Emma is the main antagonist. I mean they've set her up to be an Inhuman antagonist.

BANNED

My worst nightmare is that she will be tied to the Inhuman books. I won't be buying those books even if Emma is the main antagonist. I mean they've set her up to be an Inhuman antagonist.
    Nah, they pretty clearly said the X-Men are after her head too. I'm convinced she'll be the villain of the to be announced X-book. That's why they're only revealing it now and not back in October/November along with the other books.

On the bright side, we have a new memorable quote.

Emma and Cuckoos: "Who are you?" Inhumans: "Yours"

All they left out was mistress. lol

Speaking of which, it was nice to see the Stepford Cuckoos stick with Emma till the end. That's some loyalty.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 03-08-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

IVX #6---what a terrible ending to a terrible series. I don't care what kind of "psychic shielding" Medusa has, Emma would have ripped her mind apart. So stupid. And then after all the hard work of progressing Emma's character over the last decade or so, it only took them six issues to make her look like a villain again.

I don't care though, Emma was right. Medusa knew full well what the clouds were doing and although I don't agree with her taking over some of the mutants' minds like Magneto, she was in full on rage mode. It wasn't right, but I'm going to let that pass especially since this series was so bad.

Hopefully, her and Mags make up and put together a new X-Men team.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Nah, they pretty clearly said the X-Men are after her head too. I'm convinced she'll be the villain of the to be announced X-book. That's why they're only revealing it now and not back in October/November along with the other books.
    What would be her motivation antagonising the X-Men? It seemed like she had a death wish in this issue. "I'll see you soon"

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Hope the next time she crosses paths with Medusa, Emma tears the scalp off that stupid nazi dictator. I don't think I've ever despised a Marvel character more.
    Same here. I hope someone takes her out in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Oh and I hope Lemire and Soule they not only butchered Emma but also the X-Men in general. Congrats fellas. Chuck Austen and Bendis have some company in that department.
    I've read a lot of good stuff from Lemire, but I lost some respect for him over this series. I wonder how much of it was him and how much was Soule.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Man, the Emma Frost hate came out today.
    Let them hate. I don't care. Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From the Cyke appreciation thread - the real reason Emma had her breakdown. Maybe...

Attachment 46393

Thanks to Anthony Lynch, with some dialogue suggested by me.
    LOL!! That is sooooo good and spot on