Page 426 of 886 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 13279

This event shows how even a couple of monkeys can get to tell a story at Marvel.

I saw this coming a mile away. Though no one could have predicted the horrid new design.

This has ALWAYS been my problem with the Emma x Cyclops relationship.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

I loved the ending of IvX and the return of Emma to villainy. Why?

Because though Morrison had Emma build new friendships with Beast, Xavier, and to an extent Logan, post Morrison Emma's sole reason for being in the X-Men and an X-Men leader was just because she was the girlfriend of Cyclops, the king of the X-Men. Adult Cyclops was damaged by the death of Xavier and marginalized, and so was Emma because she was his girlfriend. When Marvel decided to kill off Adult Cyclops, Emma had just lost her place in the X-Men.

And was this just because she lost Cyclops? It's clear she also wanted to be the leader of the X-Men. Medusa rationalized it Emma committed genocidal acts because she lost her lover.

But this is the White Queen, who exploded Hellfire Club soldiers for failing the inner circle. She has a very nasty history. It wouldn't have surprised anyone that the old White Queen would be this murderous. Basically this issue showed her true colors.

With that said, Emma did save mutants. No denying that. But after the terrigen had been destroyed, she went for genocide.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I loved the ending of IvX and the return of Emma to villainy. Why?

Because though Morrison had Emma build new friendships with Beast, Xavier, and to an extent Logan, post Morrison Emma's sole reason for being in the X-Men and an X-Men leader was just because she was the girlfriend of Cyclops, the king of the X-Men. Adult Cyclops was damaged by the death of Xavier and marginalized, and so was Emma because she was his girlfriend. When Marvel decided to kill off Adult Cyclops, Emma had just lost her place in the X-Men.

And was this just because she lost Cyclops? It's clear she also wanted to be the leader of the X-Men. Medusa rationalized it Emma committed genocidal acts because she lost her lover.

But this is the White Queen, who exploded Hellfire Club soldiers for failing the inner circle. She has a very nasty history. It wouldn't have surprised anyone that the old White Queen would be this murderous. Basically this issue showed her true colors.

With that said, Emma did save mutants. No denying that. But after the terrigen had been destroyed, she went for genocide.
    Not sure if you're trolling or not. Emma's sole reason of being with the X-men is to teach young mutants, a point made even more poignant by the fact she was ready to leave to Wolverine's side during the whole Schism was she could go teach. See Gen-X.

Generation X predates Cyclops. [/argument]
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I can't say I have zero inerest in Emma's following development but her character was just screwed so bloody hard in the story, especially the last issue.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I have lots of interest - I just have worries that no one will care to include her, or plan a long-term arc for her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't have my hopes up for any future appearances, I doubt they'll actually give her proper development, she probably will be just a plain villain... I loved Emma as a teacher, as an X-Man, someone on the grey side of the moral scale, someone who can stand for herself, and even though I like her and Cyclops I don't think Emma needs him and her reasoning to go back to villainy is plain insulting.

Amazing Member

What if they actually give her a solo? Lol

Have to admit I'm still a bit curious to find out what Marvel's so-called "big plans" for Emma are, but I strongly doubt I will care for reading it given the execution here.

I seriously doubt they'll give her a solo, despite all their villain solos they're launching.

But then again, I really didn't like her origin solo back in the early 2000s. It didn't feel like Emma at all to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

What if Emma and Havok start their own team, Dark X-Men maybe?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I seriously doubt they'll give her a solo, despite all their villain solos they're launching.

But then again, I really didn't like her origin solo back in the early 2000s. It didn't feel like Emma at all to me.
    Morission was originally going to write her solo. Please take me to that timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseXfrost View Post
    Morission was originally going to write her solo. Please take me to that timeline.
    Now that would have been interesting. I would hope he got better art than his New X-Men run, though.

Emma fans, you have my highest condolences.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.