Page 438 of 886 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 13279

I fully expect Soule's new X-Book will have Emma be in the primary antagonist role. Watch as she is fully reverted to nothing but a mustache twirling killing villain with no traces of humanity, while the X-Men forget all about her history as an X-Man and just treat her likes she's still the villainous White Queen who was never reformed. I don't expect any ounce of continuity to be explored. It's Black Cat's villainy in the Spider-Man books all over again.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Mystique and Gambit biggest defectors are on the roster. Bishop highest kill count hunting her down

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that Emma would create Sentinels. She has had two sets of children murdered by these machines (one attack of which left her comatose, and set her down the path to redemption.) I couldn't help but recall this scene from AvX: Avengers Academy issues 32-33 when it happened:

In addition to reprogramming, Emma calls for an aesthetic remodel for the robot, as she finds the design unsettling and offensive to mutants. (Hell, even Hank Pym and earlier Quicksilver agreed with her, and they were on the Avengers side of the war.)
    That's a great point - even when merged with the planet-eating Phoenix force, Emma has a weakness for children. What is even happening to her now?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mystique and Gambit biggest defectors are on the roster. Bishop highest kill count hunting her down
    Took a look at the announcement, and I don't think it's clear this book will be about that. Nothing from the summary gave that impression at least, they were to rescue someone, not hunt anyone in particular down. (And since when are X-Men that pro-active anyway, they wait for their enemies to come to them).

Seems more likely that Emmaneto will headline the new brotherhood in gold, that's Magneto's old role after all.

(Not that it matters which one it is, both options are unacceptable)

Emagnefico in X-Men Gold leading a team called the brotherhood? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emagnefico in X-Men Gold leading a team called the brotherhood? Ugh
    Is that confirmed?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    Can somebody tell me what the big frakking deal is with this stupid horse? Does it **** rainbows and glitter or something?
    It's a horse! We try not to murder innocent animals

Amazing Member

I just hope they go the Cassandra Nova route or maybe even the Void route (he was in Cyclops' mind and Emma was the last person he had contact with before dying) and she turns out to be possessed for the next couple of story arcs. This is so OOC, that this is the only way this new Emma can work.

WTH, even Malice would be OK for this...

I just want the Emma we know and love back.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is that confirmed?
    No, just my speculation two posts above yours.

But it seems kind of obvious now does it not? It certainly won't be Magneto or Mystique headlining it.

So who else? Also fit with "big plans", as opposed to being hunted down in a third-string X-title.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post

But it seems kind of obvious now does it not? It certainly won't be Magneto or Mystique headlining it.

So who else? Also fit with "big plans", as opposed to being hunted down in a third-string X-title.
    If that's the case, I'm really torn. 1) I love the idea of Emma still hanging around. 2) Guggenheim has a terrible, terrible track record with morally complicated female characters.

BANNED

I don't expect Astonishing to be a third-string X-title. It has Jim Cheung covers (basically Marvel's dog whistle for THIS IS IMPORTANT TAKE NOTE) and Soule has collaboratorS which probably means it's double shipping. Plus the week of marketing. Plus Soule is Marvel's go to guy for editorially mandated pushes.

If that's the case, I'm really torn. 1) I love the idea of Emma still hanging around. 2) Guggenheim has a terrible, terrible track record with morally complicated female characters.
    1) Oh, the character will definitely stay around, that's guaranteed by what we have been told. 2) Could be, but hardly matters in this case, the character was already completely annihilated and ground to dust, so Guggenheim couldn't make it worse even if he set out to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I don't expect Astonishing to be a third-string X-title. It has Jim Cheung covers (basically Marvel's dog whistle for THIS IS IMPORTANT TAKE NOTE) and Soule has collaboratorS which probably means it's double shipping. Plus the week of marketing. Plus Soule is Marvel's go to guy for editorially mandated pushes.
    Sure, just my impression compared to Gold. The first arc may have an A-list artist and so, but after that who knows? Seemed more like X-Men Unlimited to me on the importance scale at least. Astonishing ended up in a similar position after Whedon (and Ellis) as well.

1) Oh, the character will definitely stay around, that's guaranteed by what we have been told. 2) Could be, but hardly matters in this case, the character was already completely annihilated and ground to dust, so Guggenheim couldn't make it worse even if he set out to do so.
    Do we have a clear source on Emma staying around?

Never say "it can't be worse." The universe always tries to prove you wrong.

BANNED

Sure, just my impression compared to Gold. The first arc may have an A-list artist and so, but after that who knows? Seemed more like X-Men Unlimited to me on the importance scale at least. Astonishing ended up in a similar position after Whedon (and Ellis) as well.
    Gold is more likely to fall by the wayside, considering it has no mission statement, B-list artists and a writer who's never been on a book for more than 12 issues.

Do we have a clear source on Emma staying around?
    Here, the last X-Position.

Never say "it can't be worse." The universe always tries to prove you wrong.
    In general I would agree, but in this case I don't see how there could be. (There have to be a "worst" too!)

Would have been far preferable for her to get a clean death like Cyclops (or even a not so clean one) rather than have everything (character-wise) stripped away and still walk around like a rotten corpse.