Page 418 of 886 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 13279

This whole Emma thing is so hush-hush, like they are getting ready to "announce" whats happening with Emma and then news about new X-books, maybe if they do make her a villain she'll get her own solo/or team dealing with her and her schemes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This whole Emma thing is so hush-hush, like they are getting ready to "announce" whats happening with Emma and then news about new X-books, maybe if they do make her a villain she'll get her own solo/or team dealing with her and her schemes
    Why on earth would Emma go back to be a villain again? After all she's been through. I mean like back when she was a cartoonish villain in DPS? I don't see how would that work.

BANNED

Goddamit.

Encouraging remarks from yesterday aside, this is looking more and more like a shitshow.

http://www.cbr.com/inhumans-vs-x-men...usive-preview/

I know there's a lot more to the issue so we shouldn't just base our opinions on the preview alone but... It's Marvel, I don't have much trust left.

Welp, I guess depending on what really happens I will just say bye bye to Marvel after IvX #6, unless their X-Position wasn't just a bunch of crap and they actually do something interesting with Emma I think I'll be done with their comics from no on and just re-read from time to time my favourite pre Inhuman **** show stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Why on earth would Emma go back to be a villain again? After all she's been through. I mean like back when she was a cartoonish villain in DPS? I don't see how would that work.
    Because that's part of who she is! And nobody is asking for her to be a cartoonish villain, we want her to be a complex villain ala Magneto. She can still have a soft spot for the XMen (even if they shun her) but she needs to be out there running something. I'd love an Emma and The Hellfire Club book. Add Magik, Monet, Selene, Maddie, and we have an awesome book for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Because that's part of who she is! And nobody is asking for her to be a cartoonish villain, we want her to be a complex villain ala Magneto. She can still have a soft spot for the XMen (even if they shun her) but she needs to be out there running something. I'd love an Emma and The Hellfire Club book. Add Magik, Monet, Selene, Maddie, and we have an awesome book for her.
    I prefer Emma being just a morally complex character. I like who se became, someone fighting for what she believes is right, making hard decisions. I want her teaching or running a team but certainly not going back to full White Queen of the HFC.

BANNED

someone fighting for what she believes is right, making hard decisions.
    This is what her makes her a villain in the Marvel Universe.

I want her teaching or running a team but certainly not going back to full White Queen of the HFC.
    I'd be OK with Monet/Emplate remaining the White Queen, but I do want Emma working with them. A book of morally complex x-divas would def be on my pull list.

If Emma does make it out alive and/or not apprehended, and just has to go the villainy route, I would much rather she became an antihero and went on a team like X-Force.

Her and Mags work so well together and have pretty similar philosophies. If only Bunn didn't have to be wasted on yet another damn 05 book, I would love to see him do another UXM styled book with Emma and Mags.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    This is what her makes her a villain in the Marvel Universe.
    Well, as long as she's not turned into some mutant boogieman in some of the new Inhuman books I guess that approach could be workable. If we absolutely must walk down that road.

As it looks now I would not hold out for any morally complex characterizations, Marvel will likely just black cat her and call it a day.

BANNED

A commish from my good friend Hector Barros.

Since Marvel foolishly did not give Emma her own Death of X variant, I decided to take matters into my own hands. The concept was ‘Emma being sold in a high end jewelry store as a diamond’.

variant.jpg

Soule keeps liking Emma was right tweets ��

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Soule keeps liking Emma was right tweets ��
    Maybe he has a sadistic streak and enjoys toying with the emotions of fans before pulling the rug under them? Or alternatively, his twitter account does not get much action, so he's grateful for the little he gets?

Sure, I could see a twist coming yet, and Emma is not actually sacrificed to make the Inhumans look a little less bad, but so far everything in IvX has gone pretty much as (sadly) predicted.

There's three parties here. The Nuhumans, the Royals and the X-Men. The Champions Cyclops and Nuhumans are supposed to be the good guys. The other two aren't. But if Emma gets the second cloud destroyed it's still a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's three parties here. The Nuhumans, the Royals and the X-Men. The Champions Cyclops and Nuhumans are supposed to be the good guys. The other two aren't. But if Emma gets the second cloud destroyed it's still a victory.
    We'll see I guess.

There's also the insanity factor that Soule takes every opportunity to bring up in interviews, but that haven't really been shown in the comics so far, beyond two very happy smiles. Unless going up against the Inhumans can be considered insane.

Anyway, given there is "big plans" for Emma as Ketchum said, it kind of sounds as if she'll have some kind of protagonist role after this, so will be interesting to see what that could be. (Of course, Red Skull stealing Xavier's brain probably qualified as "big plans" for him too, so might not necessarily be something good)

anyone who says emma is crazy, and means it in the mental health sense rather than the extreme adjective sense, doesn't understand mental health.