Page 419 of 886 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    Goddamit.

Encouraging remarks from yesterday aside, this is looking more and more like a shitshow.

http://www.cbr.com/inhumans-vs-x-men...usive-preview/
    I saw this too. On one hand, I'm relieved that it seems as though Emma Frost will survive IvX. That alone is a positive sign at a time when Marvel seems too eager to kill off established characters and replace them. However, I worry about what sort of role she'll have. I'd rather not see Emma become a complete villain. I don't want to see her leading the new Brotherhood or something, but I don't think it would make sense for her to still work with the main X-men teams that she did so much to deceive. I think right now, the best role for her is a Magneto-type role wherein she operates inside those morally gray areas that other X-men try to avoid. That usually brings out the best in Emma. She's willing to cross certain lines that other heroes aren't. She's willing to be somewhat of a villain when the situation calls for it, but she's also willing to do the right thing in the long run. I hope it works out for her. The X-books are better when Emma Frost has a solid role in them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I saw this too. On one hand, I'm relieved that it seems as though Emma Frost will survive IvX. That alone is a positive sign at a time when Marvel seems too eager to kill off established characters and replace them. However, I worry about what sort of role she'll have. I'd rather not see Emma become a complete villain. I don't want to see her leading the new Brotherhood or something, but I don't think it would make sense for her to still work with the main X-men teams that she did so much to deceive. I think right now, the best role for her is a Magneto-type role wherein she operates inside those morally gray areas that other X-men try to avoid. That usually brings out the best in Emma. She's willing to cross certain lines that other heroes aren't. She's willing to be somewhat of a villain when the situation calls for it, but she's also willing to do the right thing in the long run. I hope it works out for her. The X-books are better when Emma Frost has a solid role in them.
    I pretty much agree with this whole post. While I'm happy that Emma does seem to make it out of IvX alive, I do hope that she isn't a straight up villain. She's pretty much been a good guy for the last 20 plus years it would be a total disservice to her and to the people who like the character to just turn her into a villain again. It would be cool to see her as a more morally grey character, I could live with that. And I definitely agree with you that the X-books are better with Emma in them.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

BANNED

I don't want to see her leading the new Brotherhood or something
    Why not? Instead of thinking the Brotherhood would drag her back into villain territory, think more of it like Emma will drag up the Brotherhood into anti-hero territory. Especially with characters like Magma joining, this new Brotherhood could be given depth with proper motivations. They could fight for the "forgotten" mutants who aren't seen as A-listers like most xmen.

Doubt Emma would lead a team called the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Uncanny X-Men - Emma Frost. Schism continued.

There is going to be something...something to make Cyclops look like a hero and maybe the Inhumans as villains.

Emma's goal is destruction of the cloud. But also closure for Cyclops.

BANNED

She's not gonna have much option after IvX6. Plus, I never said "of evil mutants". Hell, it could be The Sisterhood of Flawless Divas instead.

Frost could project something to the world, expose the Inhumans. I feel like the Inhumans are going to lose big.

1. Destruction of the cloud
    2. Loss of their royal status amongst Nuhumans
    3. Perhaps loss of public perception, at the moment they're quite liked.
    4. Medusa will break up with the human torch
    5. Blackbolt gets locked up

Emma didn't plan this, she's improvising, she suspected the Inhumans might escape and she knew the X-Men and the Inhumans would fight at some stage even if they destroyed the cloud earlier on. The Inhumans would attack. Beast even said as much.

1. Cloud gets destroyed
    2. Emma and Scott closure, if Havok is correct and this is about Scott and Emma, well there has to be some closure to Cyclops death. And Emma's act of love to Cyclops. So I can't see this ending badly as in actual fact Cyclops and by extension Emma were the victims. And the loss of life is tragic.
    3. More X-Men books to launch.
    4. Magneto leading the Blue team despite being in on Emma's plan.
    5. Potentially people loving Cyclops and mutants - Emma does something telepathically - there's a telepathic twist up a head and she hasn't played her cards yet.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-03-2017 at 10:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Frost could project something to the world, expose the Inhumans. I feel like the Inhumans are going to lose big.

Emma didn't plan this, she's improvising, she suspected the Inhumans might escape and she knew the X-Men and the Inhumans would fight at some stage even if they destroyed the cloud earlier on. The Inhumans would attack. Beast even said as much.

1. Cloud gets destroyed
    2. Emma and Scott closure, if Havok is correct and this is about Scott and Emma, well there has to be some closure to Cyclops death. And Emma's act of love to Cyclops. So I can't see this ending badly as in actual fact Cyclops and by extension Emma were the victims. And the loss of life is tragic.
    5. Potentially people loving Cyclops and mutants - Emma does something telepathically - there's a telepathic twist up a head and she hasn't played her cards yet.
    We know they lost the cloud from spoilers ahead, and they've already lost royal status amongst the Nuhumans.

1. Cloud gets destroyed
    I hope you're right, I'm still holding up to that comment from Soule (?) that said Emma is playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers, so maybe she does have a couple cards under her sleeve and is ahead of everybody else, maybe this shitty event will gave us an actual unexpected twist and shut some of us up (for the sake of Emma I will gladly take this), maybe the Royals will actually pay for their shit and maybe Emma won't actually end up that badly.

One can hope I guess.

It doesn't make sense from a story perspective otherwise.

A lot of people are saying the Inhumans will agree to destroy the cloud and the X-Men will join up with them and take down Emma. Not only is it imbalanced. It doesn't make sense within the story. The cloud already killed a ton of people and they need the cloud for their prophecy. You don't give Emma an entire issue and then not have a show up for the rest of the series if you want to make her out to be the big bad. It just doesn't work from a writer perspective.

Secondly, if that was the case there would be no need to form and mediation team with young mutants and Nuhumans. It's obvious that this group is meant to be caught in the middle. So by that logic alone the Nuhumans and Royals can't agree.

In the nature of balance we know Emma's secret will be exposed, but at the same time...so what. She wanted the cloud destroyed that's the main objective and she wanted to give Cyclops death meaning. She had plenty of opportunities to murder the Inhumans that's not what she wants. She can hurt them in other ways and the main one is: destroying the cloud which we know happens.

There still is a major part of the story not being told yet. Why was Emma training by jumping off cliffs and getting Magneto to fling stuff at her. Why focus on her AND Beast in the first issue. Yes it seems that Medusa will be narrating part of this issue but I definitely think for the sake of balance and in order to tell the rest of the story the Inhumans and Nuhumans cannot agree.

BANNED

Why was Emma training by jumping off cliffs and getting Magneto to fling stuff at her.
    I thought she was prepping for BB.

I agree about NuHumans not agreeing with Royals though...

My solution:
    -NuHumans and Young XMen use Lunella to improve forge's machine and safely contain the mists.
    -Medusa won't have this due to her being ruthless and that prophecy.
    -Emma won't have this due to her ruthless and her distrustful nature.
    -Medusa and Emma fight. Emma wins cloud is destroyed.
    -Emma is kinda vilified, while Royals lose standing with NuHumans.

It doesn't make sense from a story perspective otherwise.

A lot of people are saying the Inhumans will agree to destroy the cloud and the X-Men will join up with them and take down Emma. Not only is it imbalanced. It doesn't make sense within the story. The cloud already killed a ton of people and they need the cloud for their prophecy. You don't give Emma an entire issue and then not have a show up for the rest of the series if you want to make her out to be the big bad. It just doesn't work from a writer perspective.

Secondly, if that was the case there would be no need to form and mediation team with young mutants and Nuhumans. It's obvious that this group is meant to be caught in the middle. So by that logic alone the Nuhumans and Royals can't agree.

In the nature of balance we know Emma's secret will be exposed, but at the same time...so what. She wanted the cloud destroyed that's the main objective and she wanted to give Cyclops death meaning. She had plenty of opportunities to murder the Inhumans that's not what she wants. She can hurt them in other ways and the main one is: destroying the cloud which we know happens.

There still is a major part of the story not being told yet. Why was Emma training by jumping off cliffs and getting Magneto to fling stuff at her. Why focus on her AND Beast in the first issue. Yes it seems that Medusa will be narrating part of this issue but I definitely think for the sake of balance and in order to tell the rest of the story the Inhumans and Nuhumans cannot agree.
    Agreed on everything, the problem is, everything you say makes sense and this is Marvel we're talking about.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Agreed on everything, the problem is, everything you say makes sense and this is Marvel we're talking about.
    Yes, friend. This is the big problem. All these speculations are based on reasoning. Marvel works on shock and gimmick.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I guess we'll find out "soon" what Marvel has sizzling for her in Ressurexion and see what this big plan they have for her

Hmm, "fry", "sizzling", sounds quite ominous.... don't say she's going to hell?!

BANNED

Might be some juicy X-news coming out of Emerald City Con later today...