Page 664 of 886 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 13279

Bleeding cool has a review of jean grey 8
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...jumping-point/
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Ugh doesn't sound like Emma is doing much. Whatever they're looking for better not be the void

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    IS she meant to have an English accent nowadays or a Bawwwston accent?
    I know there's a semi-canon explanation, but I prefer to think of it as being Madonna syndrome.

(Before anyone asks I mean when Madonna lived in England for like a year and suddenly had a London accent)

Ugh it's going to be that stupid box with the void that somehow wound up back in Emma's mind isn't it

Lol, they are tring to equate hopeless with Morrison
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Ugh it's going to be that stupid box with the void that somehow wound up back in Emma's mind isn't it
    Yeah after Cyclops died in Death of X it jumped into her brain. A

Seeing as how this comic doesn't come out until the end of the month, I'm surprised it's being reviewed this soon. But it does pose some interesting tidbits. It confirms, to a point, that Emma has something that both Jean and her ghost self need. What that could be is anyone's guess. I like the theory that it involves the Void, but I don't think that's likely because the Void hasn't been mentioned in years. I wouldn't even call it part of the canon at this point. Plus, it has no bearing on the Phoenix Force so it's possible, but improbable.

I think what they're looking for might be some bit of the Phoenix that Emma retained inside her. Maybe when Cyclops ripped it out of her during AvX, she managed to cling to part of it and she developed that part to rebuild her powers. It would explain how she was able to get a piece of the Cosmic Cube and run Tian. By taking that piece of the Phoenix Force, maybe O5 Jean will be able to train herself somehow. Since the whole series is about the Phoenix, it should involve some Phoenix-related issue.

Ideally, I would love it if the thing they're looking for is a piece of Cyclops' psyche, which she held onto when he died. I still think that would add a lot of drama to the issue, but I think that would make way too much sense. I suspect Marvel will insist on keeping Cyclops dead, at least until the O5 X-men situation is resolved.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

As per my prediction....WHY IS EMMA EVEN HERE THEN?

Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Seeing as how this comic doesn't come out until the end of the month, I'm surprised it's being reviewed this soon. But it does pose some interesting tidbits. It confirms, to a point, that Emma has something that both Jean and her ghost self need. What that could be is anyone's guess. I like the theory that it involves the Void, but I don't think that's likely because the Void hasn't been mentioned in years. I wouldn't even call it part of the canon at this point. Plus, it has no bearing on the Phoenix Force so it's possible, but improbable.

I think what they're looking for might be some bit of the Phoenix that Emma retained inside her. Maybe when Cyclops ripped it out of her during AvX, she managed to cling to part of it and she developed that part to rebuild her powers. It would explain how she was able to get a piece of the Cosmic Cube and run Tian. By taking that piece of the Phoenix Force, maybe O5 Jean will be able to train herself somehow. Since the whole series is about the Phoenix, it should involve some Phoenix-related issue.

Ideally, I would love it if the thing they're looking for is a piece of Cyclops' psyche, which she held onto when he died. I still think that would add a lot of drama to the issue, but I think that would make way too much sense. I suspect Marvel will insist on keeping Cyclops dead, at least until the O5 X-men situation is resolved.

I think it would be awesome to have it that Emma downloaded some of Scott's psyche and Jean is looking for it. Especially if they found a way to bring him back. That would be a great story and decent development especially if the real Jean and Emma somehow worked together to do this.

As far as the O5 go, I hope nothing from them holds up any other development. Unlike most people I hated the idea from the get go. I thought once again Bendis was using the tired old time travel trope and it was a terrible round about way to have Beast try and teach Scott a lesson. If anything it should have just been Jean brought from the past and it should have been adult Jean. But still I thought it was lazy and ridiculous. Even still it could have worked as a mini or an arc but for them to be here this long is absolute garbage. They can't get them out of here soon enough in my opinion

All that said.... I really don't want Emma in an Jean Grey book. What they are doing to Emma is terrible and we all know they will build teenie up on Emma's demise.

I'd much rather have Emma running her own Xforce. Maybe with Cable. Domino. Warpath. Meltdown. Magneto. Magik. helping her take down mutant hating organizations and at times having to work outside the law to do what needs to be done for mutantkind. I think there are several ways to spin it so these characters would work with her but if that's too unimaginable then I'd rather just give her a solo and have her use maybe even control those Xmen she needs for whatever job needs to be done. Either way I just think there are better ways to use and progress her character than what they are doing.
    Last edited by DreadnoughtHelldiver; 10-01-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Thought I share the first piece of my month sketch challenge:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZulhzXlrE5/

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Thought I share the first piece of my month sketch challenge:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZulhzXlrE5/
    That's a extremely nice drawing, it looks so good!!!!
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    As per my prediction....WHY IS EMMA EVEN HERE THEN?

Ugh.
    It's probably the designs for the mind trap decide or something ugh

Dead and relevant is better than just dead. Scott and Emma both have a connection to the PF and Emma had a connection to both. Makes sense actually that ghost Jean would know to look in Emma mind. Whether the ghost is Jean or just the PF either way Emma is the logical next step. It would be great to actually have Emma play a role here instead of just letting the redheads have their way with her. I'm guessing their looking for where Emma stashed the remnant of the CC that she held onto. I doubt Cyke's psyche will play a role.

BANNED

If it's a Phoenix fragment, I think Adult Jean/Phoenix would be claiming the piece for itself. In Endsong she needed to find all her missing pieces before she returned.

As for Cyclops, I think the o5 situation will soon be resolved. Phoenix/Jean and Wolverine are returning at the same time. The Shadow King as returned, and there is at least a ghostly Xavier. So all they have to do is return Cyclops. If Emma did download him into her mind, all they have to do is put him in a new clone body. Emma's new BFF is Miss Sinister, which explains how Marrow was repowered and how Wolfsbane got a power upgrade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Dead and relevant is better than just dead. Scott and Emma both have a connection to the PF and Emma had a connection to both. Makes sense actually that ghost Jean would know to look in Emma mind. Whether the ghost is Jean or just the PF either way Emma is the logical next step. It would be great to actually have Emma play a role here instead of just letting the redheads have their way with her. I'm guessing their looking for where Emma stashed the remnant of the CC that she held onto. I doubt Cyke's psyche will play a role.
    It could be the cosmic cube as well, if Adult Jean has some purposes for it. We will see. The ghost is both Adult Jean AND the Phoenix. Clearly she has Jean's personality, but we see her using her Phoenix powers.

I wonder where they are going to position Emma Frost next year.