Page 723 of 886 FirstFirst ... 223623673713719720721722723724725726727733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 13279
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Gives you a good idea how marvel feels about her. They've taken the Kitty Pryde position of "once a villain..." despite the decades of evidence to the contrary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Gives you a good idea how marvel feels about her. They've taken the Kitty Pryde position of "once a villain..." despite the decades of evidence to the contrary.
    Yes, I agree.

And they're talking about Emma and Jean doing battle. Did I miss that part?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    I just got art commissioned for a redesigned X-Team, and I thought I’d share Emma’s look...
    Attachment 58703
    Oooh, that's really nice! I have to say, I really like the way the new costume works the sexy X motif without being as ridiculous-feeling (I'm sure actual clothing like that would be just as ridiculous as other designs, but it looks less so). And this is a really nice continuation in the same direction.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

All-New Member

All New X-MEN #25

In the Jean Grey series, the Phoenix hosts had part of their mind destroyed by the big bird. But last issue Jeen goes in to Emma's mind and there is no sign of any after affect from her hosting the Force. Why do you guys think that is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    In the Jean Grey series, the Phoenix hosts had part of their mind destroyed by the big bird. But last issue Jeen goes in to Emma's mind and there is no sign of any after affect from her hosting the Force. Why do you guys think that is?
    If she had gone into her mind when Bendis was writing I think we would've seen it, but she's done work on her own and with the Cuckoos to repair her mind. I think she was totally ok by the time IvX came around because she was making groups of people see Scott when he wasn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I have seen pics at the Stepford Cuckoos thread that shows a second Cuckoo.. that is promising. It will be really cool the connect the series withe the HFC series that was planned. I am also curious about the Empowerment Academy.
    It is rather sad to quote oneself .. however may I emphasize there was a reference to the HFC at The Gifted E09.. :-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Question, what, if anything, do you think this Marvel/Fox deal might mean for Emma? I can imagine only in the context of mutants being more relevant in the comics again.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Question, what, if anything, do you think this Marvel/Fox deal might mean for Emma? I can imagine only in the context of mutants being more relevant in the comics again.
    My guess is that either Marvel slowly kills off the current Mutant stuff such as the TV Show/Movies, in order for them to reboot them. Which can mean potential Emma appearances in the future.

Or they get more loose in the usage of the X-Men properties and bigger names start showing in TV shows like The Gifted.

For the record, I don't think marvel would put the mutants in the MCU, but I could totally see them letting them loose on the TV side of things until the eventual reboot of the entire MCU.

BANNED

I dunno.

I've been somewhat wary of folding back the Fox properties into Disney. There's no guarantee that they would treat The X-Folks with the same kind of love and attention...though one needs to give them lots of doubt benefits given their track record.

For good or ill...I don't know if means anything for their editorial decisions. Re, see: Captain Marvel. One would think they'd promote the hell out of the book and put good creators on it...but Carol's book has been on a significant downhill slide IMO ever since DeConnick left.

I think they develope more TV content /spin off more than a reboot... I think they need more TV content and The Gifted shows that low budget series on mutant if cleverly presented can be its money´s worth and more. If they have HFC spin off we may see Emma.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    I dunno.

I've been somewhat wary of folding back the Fox properties into Disney. There's no guarantee that they would treat The X-Folks with the same kind of love and attention...though one needs to give them lots of doubt benefits given their track record.

For good or ill...I don't know if means anything for their editorial decisions. Re, see: Captain Marvel. One would think they'd promote the hell out of the book and put good creators on it...but Carol's book has been on a significant downhill slide IMO ever since DeConnick left.
    i'm with you. I think Xfans have an unhealthy amount of "hope" that things will change in every incarnation: books, films, tv, cartoons. Things haven't been "good" for at least 10 years (not just emma)

That little flame of Emma we saw in Jean Grey #9 was nice, but we have mothervine coming up

Astonishing Member

i'm with you. I think Xfans have an unhealthy amount of "hope" that things will change in every incarnation: books, films, tv, cartoons. Things haven't been "good" for at least 10 years (not just emma)

That little flame of Emma we saw in Jean Grey #9 was nice, but we have mothervine coming up
    I am excited about Mothervine, although perhaps I am very deluded and optimist, because I think it could be a way to repower depowered mutants. And I doubt Marvel will also character assasinate Havok even more, so I can see Emma and Alex crossing Bastion and Miss Sinister.

My fear about Disney is them turning Emma into Cruella De Vil. Disney thinks of the kids first, so a sexualized almost antihero may not do so well with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am excited about Mothervine, although perhaps I am very deluded and optimist, because I think it could be a way to repower depowered mutants. And I doubt Marvel will also character assasinate Havok even more, so I can see Emma and Alex crossing Bastion and Miss Sinister.

My fear about Disney is them turning Emma into Cruella De Vil. Disney thinks of the kids first, so a sexualized almost antihero may not do so well with them.
    I too think that Emma would cross Miss Sinister & Bastion if it put mutants in danger.

As for Disney. I just don't think they micromanage on that level. They own the intellectual property of Marvel and they want it to turn a profit. I don't think they really give a thought to the development of the characters because that's Marvel's job.