Page 101 of 886 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 13279
    BANNED

Emma wanted jean to vent, and also have some sort of forgiveness for herself and her past despite the fact she does have some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Edit: though the way the cuckoo used TK like she always been using is a bit jarring.
    What make you think it was a Cuckoo ? Just because that happened in front of her ? She didn't had any reason to do that to Bobby... On the other hand, Jeen could have done it to "punish" Bobby for eavesdropping.

Imho, when Bobby says "I thought her powers were broken" and the Cuckoo answers "That was me", she is speaking about showing Jeen the earlier scene by TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    How did the fight go in today's issue? Was it just an immature battle of who's the finest telepath, or was it similar to Rachel/Emma's UXM fight for training and respect? From what I hear, Emma and Jeen highly respect each other now.
    spoilers:

-Emma is trying to give Jean a lesson in telepathic combat. Jean knows Emma's more experienced so she think it's just to goad her in to attacking so Emma can show her up for the newbie she is. So Jean's not taking the bait but Emma keeps pushing.

-Jean starts to push a few of Emma's buttons about what she knows of their relationships with Scott, so that gives Emma the bright idea to start projecting images of the affair and Emma and Scott together in bed into Jean's head. This pisses Jean off and Emma keeps telling her to "fight back".

-Jean finally does, taking on a psychic image of her older self in New X-Men and proclaiming how she knows everyone is waiting with baited breath for Jean's power to go out of control and she'll freak out. Well she's here and things are fine even with all the madness.

-Next we see them locked in silent psychic battle, until it finally breaks with the two ladies laughing about something and then walking off with their arms over each others' shoulders.
    end of spoilers

Yes, you read that right.

Magik: That is the scariest thing I have ever heard...and I grew up in Hell. Literally.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 08-13-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    spoilers:

-Emma is trying to give Jean a lesson in telepathic combat. Jean knows Emma's more experienced so she think it's just to goad her in to attacking so Emma can show her up for the newbie she is. So Jean's not taking the bate but Emma keeps pushing.

-Jean starts to push a few of Emma's buttons about what she knows of their relationships with Scott, so that gives Emma the bright idea to start projecting images of the affair and Emma and Scott together in bed into Jean's head. This pisses Jean off and Emma keeps telling her to "fight back".

-Jean finally does, taking on a psychic image of her older self in New X-Men and proclaiming how she knows everyone is waiting with baited breath for Jean's power to go out of control and she'll freak out. Well she's here and things are fine even with all the madness.

-Next we see them locked in silent psychic battle, until it finally breaks with the two ladies laughing about something and then walking off with their arms over each others' shoulders.
    end of spoilers

Magik: That is the scariest thing I have ever heard...and I grew up in Hell. Literally.

Thanks for explaining. I love this development that is going on between Emma and Jeen. It seems very fleshed out and natural. I hope we see the Cuckoos training with Jeen and Emma too. Emma did promise them that she had more things to teach them when she recruited them to the New Xavier School. Knowing Bendis, he most likely forgot.

@LOL at Illyana's dialogue. She is certainly the comedic relief of this book.

Thanks for explaining. I love this development that is going on between Emma and Jeen. It seems very fleshed out and natural. I hope we see the Cuckoos training with Jeen and Emma too. Emma did promise them that she had more things to teach them when she recruited them to the New Xavier School. Knowing Bendis, he most likely forgot.
    Maybe eventually. Bendis did spend time establishing a sort of Mean Girls turf war between Jean and the one still blonde Stepford (is that Celeste?). The other two actually seemed to be starting to like Jean but didn't want to piss their sister off by getting too friendly with her. Bendis may be on track to set Jean and Emma up with a more beneficial relationship, but I don't think he can resist a little more girly nudging when the opportunity presents itself.

@LOL at Illyana's dialogue. She is certainly the comedic relief of this book.
    One important bit is left out. Emma is the one who says something that makes Jean laugh and then they reconcile. Emma's acting as purely a teacher here.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    What make you think it was a Cuckoo ? Just because that happened in front of her ? She didn't had any reason to do that to Bobby... On the other hand, Jeen could have done it to "punish" Bobby for eavesdropping.

Imho, when Bobby says "I thought her powers were broken" and the Cuckoo answers "That was me", she is speaking about showing Jeen the earlier scene by TP.
    I think he was talking about the floating bowl. I think he thought Emma was doing it when she was glaring at them watching. Phoebe says it was her.

I have to admit that I'm really liking this Emma "teaching moments", in utopia we didn't have this and Emma really shines as a teacher, being that a positive side of Bendis writing.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think he was talking about the floating bowl. I think he thought Emma was doing it when she was glaring at them watching. Phoebe says it was her.
    Why would Emma pay any attention to Bobby and turn a bowl on his head ? o.O
    And why would Bobby thinks that Emma (or one of the Cuckoo) has TK power and that this power is "broken" ?

Bobby is refering to Emma's telepathy which is broken.

Why would Emma pay any attention to Bobby and turn a bowl on his head ? o.O
    And why would Bobby thinks that Emma (or one of the Cuckoo) has TK power and that this power is "broken" ?

Bobby is refering to Emma's telepathy which is broken.
    Nope, look at the scene again. Emma glares at them then Bobby gets a bowl of cereal dumped on his head. He thought Emma did it because they were being nosey. Then Phoebe says that was her. He was talking about the entire thing in general (the telepathy and the cereal bowl) but he had only said that after he got the cereal dumped on his head. Before that Jean blasted Emma and she shifted to Diamond. If Bobby was solely talking about her telepathy he would have said it right after Emma showed Jean the images. But he didn't, he waited for the cereal to get dumped on his head.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-13-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Nope, look at the scene again. Emma glares at them then Bobby gets a bowl of cereal dumped on his head. He thought Emma did it because they were being nosey. Then Phoebe says that was her. He was talking about the entire thing in general (the telepathy and the cereal bowl) but he had only said that after he got the cereal dumped on his head. Before that Jean blasted Emma and she shifted to Diamond. If Bobby was solely talking about her telepathy he would have said it right after Emma showed Jean the images. But he didn't, he waited for the cereal to get dumped on his head.
    I look at that scene... lol
    It all happen during a few seconds. So except if you want to draw everything in a single pannel...

Is there a single reason for Bobby to think that Emma has TK ? (Sorry, I don't know enough about Emma... but is there a single reason for us to believe she has TK except for that time, long ago, when she was shown has having possible latent TK ?)

Isn't Emma TP broken ?

Why the obvious TK user involved couldn't have turned that bowl on Bobby's head ? After all, she is his friend and best placed to understand he is enjoying himself with that picnic stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    spoilers:

-Emma is trying to give Jean a lesson in telepathic combat. Jean knows Emma's more experienced so she think it's just to goad her in to attacking so Emma can show her up for the newbie she is. So Jean's not taking the bait but Emma keeps pushing.

end of spoilers

Aw, that's so cute! It's issues such as these that frustrate me. Bendis writes something really top notch, and then we get several issues of trolling and Bendis on auto-pilot. Bendis, you got this far because you have greatness in you. USE IT! EVERY ISSUE! You might be surprised at the results and reaction from the fan base.

I look at that scene... lol
    It all happen during a few seconds. So except if you want to draw everything in a single pannel...

Is there a single reason for Bobby to think that Emma has TK ? (Sorry, I don't know enough about Emma... but is there a single reason for us to believe she has TK except for that time, long ago, when she was shown has having possible latent TK ?)

Isn't Emma TP broken ?

Why the obvious TK user involved couldn't have turned that bowl on Bobby's head ? After all, she is his friend and best placed to understand he is enjoying himself with that picnic stuff.
    1. Iceman has no knowledge of Emma's powers so it wouldn't be hard.
    2. And the bowl of cereal is poured on Icemans head right after Emma glares at him for saying "WOW".
    3. Because Phoebe then takes credit for that particular incident. Emma is using the Cuckoos to project the psychic images into Jeans head BUT for the bowl of cereal that was only Phoebe.

I think it is clearly Phoebe showing some TK. It is not a big surprise. TK lies within Emma mutation so it does as well in the Stepfords... What I find surprising is that they finally display it.

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think it is clearly Phoebe showing some TK. It is not a big surprise. TK lies within Emma mutation so it does as well in the Stepfords... What I find surprising is that they finally display it.

There's also the instance from Gen X 42 IRRC where Synch, synchs with Emma and uses telekinesis. And it was credited to Emma's power.