Page 102 of 886 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 13279

Another point is the TP level of Emma at this moment. Does it remains as broken as before? It seems to me that she was using her own TP to project those images into Jeen. Does it mean her TP is finally healing? Some progress is also shown in the Original Sin series.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Another point is the current TP of Emma at this moment. Was she using her own TP to project those images into Jeen? It seems to me she was. Does it mean her TP is finally healing? Some progress is also shown in the Original Sin series.
    I think she was using the Cuckoos telepathy. Cause of the mention of the broken powers but also because Mindee called Celeste and Phoebe to come outside.

Unless she was using whatever semblance of telepathy she has like in Original Sin. There was mention of the Cuckoos not being able to get in. So perhaps you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Hm, what story and plot are we talking about here? And who are relevant to it?
    The whole UXM run, Emma has several great moments in it but so far what she has done have zero influence for where the whole run goes.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I thought the whole broken powers issue was explained to be Dark Beast's influence. After he was found out I thought that solved the issue or at least sent them off on to getting better. Am I wrong?

Also I thought Mindee was calling her sisters just because "You need to see this. It's going to be good." The only reason she was there initially was to eavesdrop for Bobby. When Jean and Emma were having their silent exchange the Stepfords said they couldn't get in and see what was going on, so I don't think Emma was tapping them at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I thought the whole broken powers issue was explained to be Dark Beast's influence. After he was found out I thought that solved the issue or at least sent them off on to getting better. Am I wrong?

Also I thought Mindee was calling her sisters just because "You need to see this. It's going to be good." The only reason she was there initially was to eavesdrop for Bobby. When Jean and Emma were having their silent exchange the Stepfords said they couldn't get in and see what was going on, so I don't think Emma was tapping them at that time.
    Their powers are still broken by the Phoenix IRRC. Not sure if it was Bendis or Bunn who said that. Additionally, in Original Sin, Emma's powers are said to be broken there too and a semblance of what they were. So perhaps she wasn't using the Cuckoos and just using her broken power.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-13-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's also the instance from Gen X 42 IRRC where Synch, synchs with Emma and uses telekinesis. And it was credited to Emma's power.
    Yea, you are right:

And also when she switched bodies with JG, Jean was able to exhibit TK in Emma´s body. I think that an advanced telekinetic as Jean was able to find the proper ways in Emma´s physical brain.

There powers are still broken by the Phoenix IRRC. Not sure if it was Bendis or Bunn who said that. Additionally, in Original Sin, Emma's powers are said to be broken there too and a semblance of what they were. So perhaps she wasn't using the Cuckoos and just using her broken power. After all it was just mere illusion projection.
    I think her powers are still broken but healing. Maybe this time it takes a looooong time for them to heal... when she lost them before back in Generation X, she got them back in a flash. This time it seems different... though I have the strong feeling they are improvising with it as it goes... as attention in Emma is clearly diminished. Today´s training session with Jeen seems an exception.. wish it becomes the rule.

And also when she switched bodies with JG, Jean was able to exhibit TK in Emma´s body. I think that an advanced telekinetic as Jean was able to find the proper ways in Emma´s physical brain.
    The thing about psychic abilities is that as nebulous as they are they all seem to stem from the same general miasma. How each person develops may be influenced greatly by there own experience and outlook.

These interest articles compare psychic abilities to a sort of forest that every person gifted with such talents must walk into and find their own destination. Presumably they could go anywhere but are limited primarily by their own outlooks. There's also a sense that seeing it all may pose a risk, like the fear of what happens to Jean should she get too powerful. The second article focuses on Jean but bears reading on this I think.

http://mahmusecomics.com/2013/07/03/...forest-part-1/

http://mahmusecomics.com/2014/04/02/...ile-jean-grey/

And ANX 30 takes place before Original Sin since the Trial of Xavier is an Original Sin event.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Well, if Emma didnt have, even at least, some kind of latent TK, she woudnt be able to wear the kind of outfits that she normally wears.

The thing about psychic abilities is that as nebulous as they are they all seem to stem from the same general miasma. How each person develops may be influenced greatly by there own experience and outlook.

These interest articles compare psychic abilities to a sort of forest that every person gifted with such talents must walk into and find their own destination. Presumably they could go anywhere but are limited primarily by their own outlooks. There's also a sense that seeing it all may pose a risk, like the fear of what happens to Jean should she get too powerful. The second article focuses on Jean but bears reading on this I think.

Thank you for sharing. That was some really interesting reading with interesting theories deployed. It also establishes a comparison between Jeen new set of powers and Emma psi-lighting bolt against Monet that I find makes sense. Did Emma finally teach this trick to M? to the Cuckoos? to Rachel? Will she study in depth Jeen new powers and used her knowledge to help her understanding and controlling it? I find this issue showed Emma first step in teaching Jeen: Bonding and assesing her abilities against her knowledge of adult 616 Jean. No real teaching was involved, but in order to be a good teacher first you have to get to know your students and to establish a link with them. Emma is a superb teacher so I think she had things thought of beforehand. Now I hope we get to see REALLY teaching Jeen.... we´ll see about that... we haven´t seen her really teaching the Cuckos for ages now!

Now I hope we get to see REALLY teaching Jeen.... we´ll see about that... we haven´t seen her really teaching the Cuckos for ages now!
    I also hope that we get to see more of Emma really teaching her students.

And we haven't seen Emma teaching anybody in years, I'm glad we get to see it with Benjamin and now a good start with Jeen too.

Does it? that would explain the progress in Emma´s TP. It is true (thanks for sharing ExodusCloak... great nick btw) that it is not her former self... yet... But we were here:

and now we are here:

(and yes,,, regarding I know orange is the new black.. but Emma should ALWAYS wear WHITE ;-))

BANNED

1. Iceman has no knowledge of Emma's powers so it wouldn't be hard.
    2. And the bowl of cereal is poured on Icemans head right after Emma glares at him for saying "WOW".
    3. Because Phoebe then takes credit for that particular incident. Emma is using the Cuckoos to project the psychic images into Jeans head BUT for the bowl of cereal that was only Phoebe.

They all live in the school together and been through battle together so it's safe to say they do. The TP illusion was Emma ala siphon cuckoo batteries.

BANNED

Interesting indeed, future issues of UXM on Emma will be the deciding factor.