Page 254 of 886 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I forgot how entertaining this story was.

Emma and Pete need to interact more.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I'd like to think that that scene is an obscure ref to Marvel Adventures Spidey, where Emma was never a White Queen but the Silencer. Since a kiddie Marvelverse being wrecked in the Incursions on panel would be "troubling", might as well shout out to Petemma interaction.

I forgot how entertaining this story was.

This makes me hope that Emma and Peter's paths cross again after Secret Wars. Since Slott will make Peter into more of an up-and-coming businessman, I think it makes sense for Emma to meet up with him. She has experience running her own business. She knows how to manage her money, as she's proven time and again. I think at the very least, they could offer some form of mutual benefit to one another in their respective endeavors. However, a lot of this is predicated on Emma Frost not being a wanted fugitive after Secret Wars. I'm hoping that issue will get resolved in Uncanny X-men #600. I think it's been dragged out long enough. I'd like to see Emma Frost's story progress in a way where she didn't have to navigate around that issue anymore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Fugitive status aside, does Emma even HAVE a company anymore? Didn't she pretty much liquidate the entirety of Frost Enterprises and used all of the proceeds to finance Utopia until it got REK'T?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Fugitive status aside, does Emma even HAVE a company anymore? Didn't she pretty much liquidate the entirety of Frost Enterprises and used all of the proceeds to finance Utopia until it got REK'T?
    That was the plan/intention when Gillen wrote Regenisis. Bendis take on it was that even though she doesn't have the company anymore she has craps loads of money lying around in various parts. With the 8 month gap coming, if/when Emma shows up again, who knows where they'll leave it. Maybe in the new earth she never left Frost industries.

Of course, there's still X-Men 600, but I doubt they'll address Emma's finances, or much of anything with her. Maybe her status with the X-Men.

She didn't liquidate all her assets. She has multiple companies too remember not just Frost International but Frost Enterprises and Meridian Enterprises. Additionally, the money was supposed to be used to run Utopia for the foreseeable future, that never came to pass as the place was destroyed within a few months.

She also has several investements in other companies like Wakandan airways and Stark industries and Reed Richards patent for unstable molecules.

Waiting for the Trade plays on all that. One of Emma's traits is being wealthy, it might vanish for an arc, but the moment the writer changes she's gonna be rich again.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

If she's on fugitive status, those accounts are frozen. Some assets if not investments can be removed to.

BANNED

Please...Mama Frost started out with what? $400 in her pocket? She's not gonna be destitute for any lengthy amount of time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. (They) also couldn't touch Shaws assets what makes you think they could touch Emma's.

BANNED

She's not smarter than Reed, T'challa, or Stark who could easily remove her assets pretty easily and probably have. In UXM vol.3 she doesn't give off the impression she was LOADED with money. In INH she kept some for herself in a duffle bag. I think that impression it's safe to say she isn't wealthy anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    She's not smarter than Reed, T'challa, or Stark who could easily remove her assets pretty easily and probably have. In UXM vol.3 she doesn't give off the impression she was LOADED with money. In INH she kept some for herself in a duffle bag. I think that impression it's safe to say she isn't wealthy anymore.
    Those guys have no legal authority to remove her assets.

When someone is convicted of a crime the government doesn't automatically remove their assets. And technically Emma Frost isn't convicted and has not stood trial.

In a case like hers the government might freeze her assets. But she may have moved her money out of the country. And if her money is in Europe somewhere Reed, Stark, nor T-Challa have the authority to remove her assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I'd like to think that that scene is an obscure ref to Marvel Adventures Spidey, where Emma was never a White Queen but the Silencer. Since a kiddie Marvelverse being wrecked in the Incursions on panel would be "troubling", might as well shout out to Petemma interaction.
    That's one of my favorite arc, and the writer, Paul Tobin, wrote a fantastic article on Emma.

Favorite Female Characters in Literature # 5: Emma Frost
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Lol it wouldn't be hard to freeze someones finances in the MU but you're gonna get your ass landed in prison for trying to without any authority. Again they can't do that to Shaw or Kingpin. What makes you think they can do that to Emma? Who by the way invested in Stark Industries, Wakanda airlines and reeds patent.

Additionally, people can't even discuss Frost on the internet without being sued by a bunch of lawyers. (X-Treme X-Men annual)
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-02-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Additionally, people can't even discuss Frost on the internet without being sued by a bunch of lawyers. (X-Treme X-Men annual)
    Yeh this part specifically comes to mind whenever someone wonders if she's still rich or not. If she's astute enough to have her name alongside the word 'mutant' be a violation to a trademark and sue the living hell out of someone she's probably aware enough to have money funnelled all over the globe so she never worries about it too much.

Plus like someone said Emma Frost as rich is kind of a characteristic that remains stable, kind of like Emma Frost as into bondage. She'll never be poor.