Page 429 of 886 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    Has anyone tweeted at Soule or Lemire about this nonsense?
    We all should.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Going to read it now hope she has more dialogue then the last 4 issues.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    We all should.
    Respectfully, though. Creators get defensive if people are rude. Even when it may be deserved.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Emma going dark should have been as an antivillain, not a moustache twirler.
    You know what to hell with disappointment. I'm furious. REALLY, they made her the crazy ex girlfriend? REALLY?!

I'm can't deal with this for 2 years until the next retcon. I never thought I'd say this but they might have as well just killed her off.

Has anyone really been that into evil Emma? She hasn't been for years. Did anyone really think her chasing after Kitty for 3 issues was that great of a story?

I don't understand how you can walk back so much depth in a character (hell all characters cause it's obvious Emma isn't the only one these writers didn't get) and boil it down to this weird sexist caricature. Did he just read the comicvine blurb after a bad break up with a blonde and go for it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Respectfully, though. Creators get defensive if people are rude. Even when it may be deserved.
    Who cares? When writers write sexist, outdated bullshit like this, they should get called out for it.

BANNED

I really do think (and this is just me being all conspiracy theory-like with no evidence other than trends I'm seeing etc.) that this also has to do with a weird creepy vibe/initiative in Marvel to only push/promote one kind of female character. The sort of manic-pixie-dreamgirl-esque types who...are I guess still in control of themselves, forward and 'feminist', but not outright explicitly threatening, arrogant, bitchy, swagger-y, and god forbid, super open or forward with their sexuality. Ie. America Chavez, Kamala Khan, Kate Bishop, hell even young Jean Grey. Not that there's anything wrong with these characters, other than their increasingly one-note register, but the emphasis seems to be 'yes publish these types that twitter, the Mary Sue and Bleeding Cool are happy with, at the expense of actual interesting, layered, nuanced characters'.

And therefore, we get the character assassination of Emma Frost.

Soule posted about IvX6 and all of his mentions are negative towards the book and basically say what we are saying, how they assasinated Emmas character
    Edit: Under the post people are saying mostly negative things, to make that clear not Soule himself lol sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by Diammandis; 03-08-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who cares? When writers write sexist, outdated bullshit like this, they should get called out for it.
    Depends on what we want to happen - for Emma to get better writing, or for people to ignore Emma because every time they write her, they get online hate.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Soul posted about IvX6 and all of his mentions are negative towards the book and basically say what we are saying, how they assasinated Emmas character
    Where did he post about it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Having said that we should...sigh I guess I really don't see the point. It's not like that'll change anything.

BANNED

Soul posted about IvX6 and all of his mentions are negative towards the book and basically say what we are saying, how they assasinated Emmas character
    I'm going to need a link PLEASE.

BANNED

What? This is the biggest plot twist yet. Receipts? Didn't he write this?

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    You know what to hell with disappointment. I'm furious. REALLY, they made her the crazy ex girlfriend? REALLY?!

I'm can't deal with this for 2 years until the next retcon. I never thought I'd say this but they might have as well just killed her off.

Has anyone really been that into evil Emma? She hasn't been for years. Did anyone really think her chasing after Kitty for 3 issues was that great of a story?

I don't understand how you can walk back so much depth in a character (hell all characters cause it's obvious Emma isn't the only one these writers didn't get) and boil it down to this weird sexist caricature. Did he just read the comicvine blurb after a bad break up with a blonde and go for it or something?
    I could buy into Emma slipping into more of a stance similar to Claremont's Magneto - still an antagonist, but one that could be believed. With all the crap that mutants have gone through for the last several years, and with Scott's death after going back towards more of Xavier's outlook, it could easily be portrayed that him dying was the final straw that convinces her that way doesn't work (which would be a better sell than crazy ex - unless they got back together off-panel they weren't even together when he died). It could still be a motivation, but not the only one or even the primary one - just the one that made her say No More.

Here she seems like the next appearance will involve her tying Jeen to the railroad tracks and giving a hammy laugh. Blech.

Having said that we should...sigh I guess I really don't see the point. It's not like that'll change anything.
    It can change things if writers get that we love the character, but also respect creators. It worked over at DC a couple of times.

I'm going to need a link PLEASE.
    Agreed.