Page 439 of 886 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 13279
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Here, the last X-Position.

In general I would agree, but in this case I don't see how there could be. (There have to be a "worst" too!)

Would have been far preferable for her to get a clean death like Cyclops (or even a not so clean one) rather than have everything (character-wise) stripped away and still walk around like a rotten corpse.
    Thanks! Even though it's probably going to suck, I'm glad Emma's still around. Where there's appearances, there's hope (speaking as a guy whose favorite character was deleted from the universe twice, for over two years each time). The last thing I want is Emma dead, even dead as a hero.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

She's going to be written by Soule or Guggenheim, so it's bad either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She's going to be written by Soule or Guggenheim, so it's bad either way.
    You're not wrong. But I am firmly of the belief that as long as there's life, there's hope.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You're not wrong. But I am firmly of the belief that as long as there's life, there's hope.
    So by hope, it means either Bunn or Hopeless.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I know Ivx wasn't that great but soule is far from a bad writer given his past work. And guggenhiem isn't as bad in my opinion either.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Hopelessss all new X-men was a disappointment honestly I liked his spider woman though and his cable and the X-force series and I liked parts of his avengers arena so I have at least some hope that hopeless will deliver with the new Jean grey series.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Hey, even Bendis wrote two great Emma issues (the one where she takes the girls shopping, and the one where she tutors Teen Jean on the evil island).

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Remember during AvX, the first thing Emma chose to do with her Phoenix powers was destroy every Sentinel on Earth. Even decommissioned or reprogrammed ones, like the one at Avengers Academy. Good times.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hey, even Bendis wrote two great Emma issues (the one where she takes the girls shopping, and the one where she tutors Teen Jean on the evil island).
    I just thought it was VERY out of character of Emma to eat at a fast food place when previously she wouldn't even drink coffee from a coffee shop. Not to mention calling hotel champagne "cat pee". Snobbery is one of the more amusing parts of her characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I just thought it was VERY out of character of Emma to eat at a fast food place when previously she wouldn't even drink coffee from a coffee shop. Not to mention calling hotel champagne "cat pee". Snobbery is one of the more amusing parts of her characterization.
    Wasn't perfect, but was still good.

Ever since the events of yesterday I have been a bit saddened by Emma's characterization. At this point there is nothing much that can be done and as millernumber1 said there is hope. There are still writers (maybe even some future ones) out there who love Emma and i'm sure they will come back to her over time despite what editorial says and wants. So while we wait for Emma to come back or something to be retcon similar in style to Wanda, Magneto, or Bishop thought I will post some of my favorite moments and at least get some sort of positivisty.

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Goddamit, all this is gonna make me tear up you guys ; ;.

Like so many others on this thread I am really unhappy with how Emma was treated in IvX. But I still love the character and want to see what Marvel does with her next. Do you think that she will only be showing up as an antagonist in the previously announced RessurXtion books or that she will headline either a group or solo title next?
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I know Ivx wasn't that great but soule is far from a bad writer given his past work. And guggenhiem isn't as bad in my opinion either.
    Well, given that either Gold or/and Astonishing are going be the Hunt-Emma squad......................................

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

At this point, why not just let her be the leader of the new Brotherhood? In light of what's been happening with mutants, they could occupy that gray area..fighting for mutants future by any means which puts them in conflict with the X-men.

Emma seems to have reached a breaking point... which happens and like someone else said, Emma is a morally gray character.

Let's make "Pryde of the X-men" come to pass: Emma and the new Brotherhood of Mutants.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6