Page 506 of 886 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Have you noticed Bunn's comments on Emma's upcoming appearance in X-Men: Blue? She's back in white and maybe not completely a villain.

Bunn may not only slow down her character assassination descent, but perhaps even reverse it. We'll have to wait 'n see.
    I have seen those comments, but they came right around the same time (or I read them around the same time) as the C2E2 Resurrexion panel, where they defended her characterization in IvX, and argued that Scott was the only thing keeping her good and sane.

Yeah, I'll wait and see. I'm only picking up Blue because of Emma, but I'm apprehensive at best about what's coming up. Jim Zub was derailing the hype train when United was announced, and say what you want about Bunn, the same editorial team that caused this issue is in charge. And they have the final say.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 05-17-2017 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

Wait did Bunn really confirm she'll be wearing white? I really hope he's the one handling her moving forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zeddfrost View Post
    G. Willow Wilson recently wrote that it would be hard for people to buy into legacy characters if their predecessors have been **** on. Ergo, it's so hard for me to buy into ResurrXion because it's built on that same kind of foundation...ie. spitting on what made the X-Men so compelling for the past oh....I dunno two decades or so. Why should I continue to care about the franchise when the franchise's new status quo is basically a big slap in the face to what I found so good about it in the first place? And it didn't have to be this way. ResurrXion could have happened without all that Cyclops is a NAZI, Emma is a genocidal witch nonsense. And it's not as if Kitty Pryde's leadership style is oh so strikingly different from Scott's IMO. What she did to that awful right wing woman in X-Men Gold # 3 is something Scott so would have done as well. So, I ask...why should I care when this new status quo is bought and paid for with the blood of what I find awesome about the X-folks and two...what was the point? Everything is just like...or worse then before.
    I call her Cycitty because Guggenheim is just writing her like Cyclops and not like Kitty. It's very lazy, but that is his MO. Emma should've been in this team anyway to shake things up.

I don't know if it's been confirmed that she's wearing white, but there was a cover of Blue where she's set to appear. It's uncolored but it looks nothing like the one at the end of IvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I call her Cycitty because Guggenheim is just writing her like Cyclops and not like Kitty. It's very lazy, but that is his MO. Emma should've been in this team anyway to shake things up.
    I'm glad Guggenheim ISNT writing Emma.

I kept getting confused with them being in NYC because the HFC is in Manhattan and they're literally up the street. "We haven't seen Emma." Really? Did you bother to look around the corner? and given Kitty's unjustified disdain for Emma I thought it would be logical, but I'm grateful she'll be in Blue instead.

LONG LIVE the WHITE QUEEN Emma Frost

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

I kept getting confused with them being in NYC because the HFC is in Manhattan and they're literally up the street. "We haven't seen Emma." Really? Did you bother to look around the corner? and given Kitty's unjustified disdain for Emma I thought it would be logical, but I'm grateful she'll be in Blue instead.

Completely agree with everything here. Full stop. Completely true.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

I still don't really understand why Kitty is still so against Emma. In Whedon's Astonishing run, their relationship was built on conflict before turning into mutual respect (at the least) when Kitty is trapped in the speeding bullet and they have that conversation. It seems that Guggenheim has forgotten that (even though he's clearly trying to replicate certain elements of that run) and stuck with: 'Kitty hates Emma because the first time they ever met, Emma tried to kill her'. It has already been done before and resolved... move on!
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I still don't really understand why Kitty is still so against Emma. In Whedon's Astonishing run, their relationship was built on conflict before turning into mutual respect (at the least) when Kitty is trapped in the speeding bullet and they have that conversation. It seems that Guggenheim has forgotten that (even though he's clearly trying to replicate certain elements of that run) and stuck with: 'Kitty hates Emma because the first time they ever met, Emma tried to kill her'. It has already been done before and resolved... move on!
    It seems more like carry over from Cyclops hate to me. Kitty rode that man like a rented mule. Her obvious disdain for Emma may be just transference, or it could be the "genocide" she perpetrated on the inhumans at the end of IvX. Don't agree with this perspective but...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Agreed wholeheartedly
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

So the Cuckoos are at the Central Park School.. with Kitty!? I do hope they are there just as moles for Emma... Some horribly drawn Emma in a flashback in Generation X #1. Terrible artist IMHO but the current editorial Junta making decisions it is no wonder...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I have seen those comments, but they came right around the same time (or I read them around the same time) as the C2E2 Resurrexion panel, where they defended her characterization in IvX, and argued that Scott was the only thing keeping her good and sane.

Yeah, I'll wait and see. I'm only picking up Blue because of Emma, but I'm apprehensive at best about what's coming up. Jim Zub was derailing the hype train when United was announced, and say what you want about Bunn, the same editorial team that caused this issue is in charge. And they have the final say.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Wait did Bunn really confirm she'll be wearing white? I really hope he's the one handling her moving forward.
    Well...

I could've sworn someone said at a panel or somethin' about how her outfit in X-Men: Blue will be something more inspired by her classic outfit -- and then I might've just assumed that meant Cullen Bunn had the good sense and logic not to have a character called "the White Queen" running around in black in his book.

Here's the interview with the "not so much a villain" bit (I'm sure you've seen it, but I'm attempting to cite sources, lol):
    http://www.cbr.com/interview-cullen-...ine-xmen-blue/

Also ugh about "Cyclops was the only thing keeping her good and sane" wtf pick up an issue of Generation X (1994), y'all.

Not sure if it IS white, since this is uncolored, but... it definitely looks that way:

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So the Cuckoos are at the Central Park School.. with Kitty!? I do hope they are there just as moles for Emma... Some horribly drawn Emma in a flashback in Generation X #1. Terrible artist IMHO but the current editorial Junta making decisions it is no wonder...
    Is that who it was in the headwrap? I couldn't tell, I thought maybe Cassandra Nova... yeah, I don't know anything about the Cuckoos' backstory, lol.

I don't like how this artist draws faces (which explains why Chamber's look is my favorite of the characters), but there's still a lot of good there, in the outfits and backgrounds and non-character details. ...I'm just not a fan of the faces. XD
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I read it, there's also the possibility that it's just Phoebe. The Cuckoo's development has being about how they're starting to differentiate each other, my guess is that taking separate roads would be part of that. Also, I don't find it that weird to be honest, Tian isn't happening yet (Gen X is prior to Secret Empire I'm guessing) so I doubt Emma will have them around since she's currently a "runaway".

When Secret Empires come I would be surprised if they're not with her, the Cuckoos have shown they actually care for Emma.

So the Cuckoos are in GenX? I know they weren't listed as major characters when it was first announced. I like their relationship with Emma. Was hoping to see them on Emma's squad, whatever that may be.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    So the Cuckoos are in GenX? I know they weren't listed as major characters when it was first announced. I like their relationship with Emma. Was hoping to see them on Emma's squad, whatever that may be.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jubile...-1-excl-255161

So far just Phoebe. This redhead is her here; this is followed by flashback images and a short verbal exchange with Hindsight.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I read it, there's also the possibility that it's just Phoebe. The Cuckoo's development has being about how they're starting to differentiate each other, my guess is that taking separate roads would be part of that. Also, I don't find it that weird to be honest, Tian isn't happening yet (Gen X is prior to Secret Empire I'm guessing) so I doubt Emma will have them around since she's currently a "runaway".

When Secret Empires come I would be surprised if they're not with her, the Cuckoos have shown they actually care for Emma.
    It's sensible I guess, that they'd start spending time apart.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.