Page 51 of 886 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    I liked too!

But that new UXM costume Emma wears now really has some serious problems, not her worst costume but by far not her best
    Yeah, I'm surprised this is the same guy who gave us Emma's sophisticated look in Generation X (Bachalo)... what a difference a writer makes, eh? Lobdell vs. Bendis?

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yeah, I'm surprised this is the same guy who gave us Emma's sophisticated look in Generation X (Bachalo)... what a difference a writer makes, eh? Lobdell vs. Bendis?

Looks like it really does make difference, right? cause the redesigns are based on the writers idea and we've seemed how Bendis is when he tries to do something "revolutionary".

BANNED

Looks like it really does make difference, right? cause the redesigns are based on the writers idea and we've seemed how Bendis is when he tries to do something "revolutionary".
    It was actually a nice thought.

"The White Queen is in a different place so she has come out with a drastic change: black default costume!"

It would have been better execution if he'd taken the time to think up some pathos to put behind the change in appearance. And of course he half-assed it. If he really wanted to push the envelop, he'd have presented her with her natural hair color...after all, she's done black before.

So his execution sucked ass like always, but it was a good idea.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

I still can't believe it's Bachalo. I first saw his bad art in the Dark Avengers Annual and was instantly disliking it. This Gen X, however, seems very pleasant to me.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Ultimate Member

If the 'White' Queen, who famously *never* dresses like the other X-Men and once described her skimpy getup as 'armor' to disarm men and keep them from being able to touch the real her, all distracted by the fantasy, dressing up in an all black costume were meant to subtly evoke that she's going down a similar path as Jean did during the Dark Phoenix Saga, losing her sense of self and taking on a 'darker' and out-of-control persona, then that might mean something.

But I seriously doubt that anyone put that sort of thought into it, and it was just 'eh, everyone should wear black now, cause if there's one thing that Emma and Ilyanna are famous for, it's dressing like everyone else and doing what they're told...' :/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    It was actually a nice thought.

"The White Queen is in a different place so she has come out with a drastic change: black default costume!"

It would have been better execution if he'd taken the time to think up some pathos to put behind the change in appearance. And of course he half-assed it. If he really wanted to push the envelop, he'd have presented her with her natural hair color...after all, she's done black before.

So his execution sucked ass like always, but it was a good idea.
    And that's Bendis Great ideas, terrible executions. I've been thing that everything I dislike in Bendis run could be fixed if the writing was better cared, cause usually he really have great ideas but all goes to trash with poor executions and easy ending exits.

After her beautiful Phoenix 5 costume this new UXM looks like a bad re-run of her dark X-men costume I get just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I still can't believe it's Bachalo. I first saw his bad art in the Dark Avengers Annual and was instantly disliking it. This Gen X, however, seems very pleasant to me.
    So true I'm with you and I don't like his art at all, but this Generation X are pretty good.

After her beautiful Phoenix 5 costume this new UXM looks like a bad re-run of her dark X-men costume I get just disappointed.
    I know she lost her Phoenix Force, but I ADORED that costume. She should've kept it ;-;
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

I know she lost her Phoenix Force, but I ADORED that costume. She should've kept it ;-;
    It was the absolute best Phoenix 5 costume, she was looking outstanding and majestic, guess it was the only thing I really enjoyed from AvX

Yeah me too I hope she gets a redesigning soon and goes back to white is really her color. Some artist try and some times are able to make this costume look a little better, but is just like Magik and Scott costumes there isn't much to do it just doesn't work.
    Co-signed

Black is a cool dress color but it's not Emma's thing.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

This cosplayer did nothing short of PERFECTION
    phoenix_five_emma_frost_preview_by_animeangelcosplay-d5doinr.jpg

Yeah me too I hope she gets a redesigning soon and goes back to white is really her color. Some artist try and some times are able to make this costume look a little better, but is just like Magik and Scott costumes there isn't much to do it just doesn't work.
    She looks too much like Lady Mastermind in the black costume. And if not for Magik's hairstyle and sword she would look like Magik as well.

Jessie-Pridemore-Emma-Frost-Phoenix-Force-cosplay.jpg
    Stunning. And with my love of blondes, even more ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    She looks too much like Lady Mastermind in the black costume. And if not for Magik's hairstyle and sword she would look like Magik as well.
    Yup. I second this.

Jessie-Pridemore-Emma-Frost-Phoenix-Force-cosplay.jpg
    Stunning. And with my love of blondes, even more ;-;
    I don't like the Phoenix 5 costume much but I would prefer it over the black costume really.