Page 7 of 886 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I would love an Emma ongoing, but they need to get her powers back on track first. They also need to change her outfit, not a fan of the black go-go dancer outfit. I would love this outfit designed by Kris Anka, its so forward and unique

Attachment 961

Emma needs to be a strong telepath in order for a series to work. Such a shame how they handled her first series, doing a teen/origin story was just blah.
    Btw, where is the X in that uniform? I really love it though.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Btw, where is the X in that uniform? I really love it though.
    I don't think she necessarily needs one. But, it could be worked in there somewhere.

I wonder how long it took for him to decide to jump ship over to uncanny? The guys even made up his own future emma daughter! If only all creators loved the characters that much...

Last edited by MrMcMuffin; 05-05-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added pic

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    I wonder how long it took for him to decide to jump ship over to uncanny? The guys even made up his own future emma daughter! If only all creators loved the characters that much...

Thatīs Namor+Emma I take... are ears ok? shouldnt they be pointy?

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Thatīs Namor+Emma I take... are ears ok? shouldnt they be pointy?
    That's supposed to be Namor and Emma's future daughter!? For a second I thought that was Tempus!

I would love an Emma ongoing, but they need to get her powers back on track first. They also need to change her outfit, not a fan of the black go-go dancer outfit. I would love this outfit designed by Kris Anka, its so forward and unique

Attachment 961

Emma needs to be a strong telepath in order for a series to work. Such a shame how they handled her first series, doing a teen/origin story was just blah.
    My only issue with that costume is that it needs some pants or a skirt! It just simply looks like she's wearing a jacket and nothing else!

By Clay Mann:

Attachment 961

I agree, Emma without her telepathy is a very pale shadow of the character. One of the main facets of her is that she is very cunning, shrewd and underhanded in order to get ahead; this is closely tied to the use of her psychic abilities, the thing that gives her her edge. Without them, she is still clever, but she is nowhere near as intimidating, and it takes her further away from where she should be. I am not a fan of her diamond form either; it serves as a get-out-of-jail-free-card, for writers to simply make her ruthless and all the traits that make her Emma when she is in her diamond, "unfeeling" form. Also, Emma works much better as a character who can manipulate her foes (and allies) from afar, not get up close to them and smash them like Hulk. I can understand how taking her to a point where she has to build herself up again from essentially nothing, without the crutch of her telepathy, could be an interesting story: but I think it would require a better writer than is on Uncanny right now, and one who "gets" her more than simply giving her a few choice sarcastic comments here and there.

That outfit is much better than she has currently. I like the hairstyle as well.

I actually like her first series. The family dynamics made the first arc, and I enjoyed her being mentored by, and subsequently overthrowing, Astrid in the third arc; the second arc was very forgettable though. Didn't the author have designs on continuing the series, to her joining the Hellfire Club? I think that would have made it feel more worthwhile if he'd had the chance.

Nice artwork Project Initiative Cascada, I particularly like the Emma/Magneto one.

It's such a shame, I always feel like those two characters could have some really interesting conversations/clashes on mutant issues, especially since both were on the same team for a time, and yet it never seemed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic_Totality View Post
    Nice artwork Project Initiative Cascada, I particularly like the Emma/Magneto one.

It's such a shame, I always feel like those two characters could have some really interesting conversations/clashes on mutant issues, especially since both were on the same team for a time, and yet it never seemed to happen.
    I agree. Magnus and Emma as White King and Queen had tons of chemistry... I hope some writter put them back together

Last edited by darkalamator; 05-05-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post

Neena's biography by Anka.

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post...o-neena-is-the

Neena is the love-child of Emma Frost and Namor. After years of casual hook-ups, Neena was the result. Emma chose to raise Neena by herself, rather than relying on namor (cause lets be honest, namor isn’t exactly a positive parental figure), which is why Neena ended up taking Frost as her last name as opposed to McKenzie. Being an intelligent girl, Neena was able to recognize the “alpha dog”ness of her parents very early on and decided to steer away from that. Brought up with all the dignity, confidence, and elegance of her parents, but with none of the ego. But she still maintains the classic “bitch face” her parents are famous for. She suffers no fools, but rarely ever steps up into the leader role, she is a perfect support unit to any team and will often just get the job done herself.

Her basic power set is Flight and Superstrength which he inherited from her father, but because she’s down to being only a quarter atlantean, she cannot breathe underwater. For extra durability, she can go into a diamond form, like her mother.

After graduating the Jean Grey School, she joined up with the now-reformed Older Cylcop’s team who work out of rebuilt Genosha. This team specializes as a mutant Swat unit within Genosha. The Team consists of Cyclops, Tempus, Armor, Elixier, Beast, X-23, Molly Hayes, and Neena. Being of the same power set, Neena, Molly, and Armor have formed a great bond.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Emma needs to start growing a backbone and putting her foot down. Start being self reliant and not over reliant. She comes off like a jaded cop waiting for her pension now.

In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Neena Frost is already one of my favorite characters and she's not even canon.

Bendis likes dumb time-travel stories. Maybe Anka can work her into a story somewhere.

BANNED

Holy shit i love that outfit, add in a train and some accents and it would be perfect. I'd like to see it in other colors too.

This one sucks though, too busy. The Namor one looks like something you'd see a bear wear at pride.