Page 724 of 886 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774824 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 13279
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am excited about Mothervine, although perhaps I am very deluded and optimist, because I think it could be a way to repower depowered mutants. And I doubt Marvel will also character assasinate Havok even more, so I can see Emma and Alex crossing Bastion and Miss Sinister.

My fear about Disney is them turning Emma into Cruella De Vil. Disney thinks of the kids first, so a sexualized almost antihero may not do so well with them.
    Because a sexy anti-hero is unheard of in the MC...OH WAIT THERE'S LOKI.

So yea, basically, Emma should be the X-Men's Loki, if we want to torture the metaphor even more.

Though yes, marketing to kids might be...problematic?

But I say a) not everything has to be marketed to kids and b) I dunno. Some kids might benefit from some upfront education about sex.

Astonishing Member

Disney seems to have an everything that is not for kids goes to Netflix policy, perhaps Deadpool can make them change their minds. They would be missing a big profit by not making movies directed to adults or teen/adults.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    In the Jean Grey series, the Phoenix hosts had part of their mind destroyed by the big bird. But last issue Jeen goes in to Emma's mind and there is no sign of any after affect from her hosting the Force. Why do you guys think that is?
    My guess is that the more positive your experience/perception of the Phoenix the less damage it does to you. Most of the former hosts want nothing to do with it and their minds reflect that. But in the Jean Grey series both Rachel and Emma appear to enjoy the connection to and/or the power the force offers. So it would make sense that they're less overtly traumatized by it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    In the Jean Grey series, the Phoenix hosts had part of their mind destroyed by the big bird. But last issue Jeen goes in to Emma's mind and there is no sign of any after affect from her hosting the Force. Why do you guys think that is?
    Just because we weren't shown it, doesn't mean it's not there. The other hosts specifically showed Jean the parts she saw. Emma didnt have a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    My guess is that the more positive your experience/perception of the Phoenix the less damage it does to you. Most of the former hosts want nothing to do with it and their minds reflect that. But in the Jean Grey series both Rachel and Emma appear to enjoy the connection to and/or the power the force offers. So it would make sense that they're less overtly traumatized by it.
    I think this is what Hopeless was getting at. It seems after AvX something changed Emma's perception of the Phoenix. Cause she hated it in Warsong. But Emma hid it in a good memory her love story

Emma's also had perhaps the character that has had most encounters with the Phoenix then any other character when you take into account Phoenix Copy, Jean Host, Celeste Host etc... And been on the receiving end and lived to tell the tale. So there's that too
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-05-2017 at 05:30 PM.

I would have thought Emma should be Marvel Universe´s first and foremost connaisseur/connaisseuse of the PF. I am sure the PF has been her case study since they first met. Their destinies are so entangled... A clever writer would write something on those lines.

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think this is what Hopeless was getting at. It seems after AvX something changed Emma's perception of the Phoenix. Cause she hated it in Warsong. But Emma hid it in a good memory her love story

Emma's also had perhaps the character that has had most encounters with the Phoenix then any other character when you take into account Phoenix Copy, Jean Host, Celeste Host etc... And been on the receiving end and lived to tell the tale. So there's that too
    The Phoenix, post Warsong, twice saved mutants. Through Hope it defeated Bastion and his Nimrods and caused new mutations to manifest. At the end of AvX, it saved all mutants. So Emma twice saw the Phoenix do something that saved all mutants, including herself. Emma herself twice saved mutants, in Death of X and in IvX. So perhaps she thinks of the good it can do.

Well, she also must remember the PF killed most of her daughters and made Cyclops betrayed her...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    My guess is that either Marvel slowly kills off the current Mutant stuff such as the TV Show/Movies, in order for them to reboot them. Which can mean potential Emma appearances in the future.

Or they get more loose in the usage of the X-Men properties and bigger names start showing in TV shows like The Gifted.

For the record, I don't think marvel would put the mutants in the MCU, but I could totally see them letting them loose on the TV side of things until the eventual reboot of the entire MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I think they develope more TV content /spin off more than a reboot... I think they need more TV content and The Gifted shows that low budget series on mutant if cleverly presented can be its money´s worth and more. If they have HFC spin off we may see Emma.
    Interesting, I kinda see them folding in the X-folks. I don't actually expect a reboot but more of a new 'starting point' to allow people to come into the universe where in their incorporate mutants if this deal goes through. Whatever it is I know it means that an X cartoon at least just got more likely and the prospects of seeing Emma on a cartoon again is beyond exciting since I loved the previous interpretation.

If they make a cartoon with Emma on it I hope they keep the same actress for the voice than in Wolverine and the X Men.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    If they make a cartoon with Emma on it I hope they keep the same actress for the voice than in Wolverine and the X Men.
    Agreed. Kari Whalgren was/is the best voice for Emma so far. She was able to capture her sensitivity and her snarkiness in equal measure.

Here are some other voice actresses for Emma http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...t-White-Queen/

Hi Emma Fans !

Just a little word (sorry for my poor english) to tell you that life is cycle. And comics are too.
    Emma was really great during Morrison's run. Her relation with Jean was amazing. Morrison made Emma so great she became very, very popular. Unfortunately, many writers didn't know how to write her, and she has been wasted too many times lately. On the bright side, you were lucky to have a living and breathing Emma, while Jean's fan waited so long. But life is a cycle, so you have to believe that a writer, one day, will comme with love, ideas and a plan for Emma, and she will shine again, like the diamond Lady she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    Hi Emma Fans !

Just a little word (sorry for my poor english) to tell you that life is cycle. And comics are too.
    Emma was really great during Morrison's run. Her relation with Jean was amazing. Morrison made Emma so great she became very, very popular. Unfortunately, many writers didn't know how to write her, and she has been wasted too many times lately. On the bright side, you were lucky to have a living and breathing Emma, while Jean's fan waited so long. But life is a cycle, so you have to believe that a writer, one day, will comme with love, ideas and a plan for Emma, and she will shine again, like the diamond Lady she is.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Nb2yPqTj7S5IA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hellinoze View Post
    Hi Emma Fans !

Thanks for the courage. It is rare of JG´s fans... I have been a fan of JG too since ever. She is likely one of my fav top 5 characters. But her fans usually just show up here for some trolling. I also hope we don´t have to wait for more than a decade to enjoy a properly writen Emma.

Thanks too.

And I love Emma too, even if I'm a JG fan mostly. Emma's interventions with Jean are good to both characters. They should team up imo.