Page 742 of 886 FirstFirst ... 242642692732738739740741742743744745746752792842 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 13279

New solicitations are out. Emma mentioned in Blue 23 but not 24. Solicits don't give me much hope, and it seems like someone else will be getting redeemed.

I have been reading this https://peerlesspower.blogspot.com.e...s-warhawk.html
    about warhawk in X-Men vol. 1 # 110. If the voice speaking to him here is Emma´s... would it be then the first time she actually appears as a character? Way before X-Men vol. 1 # 129.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    New solicitations are out. Emma mentioned in Blue 23 but not 24. Solicits don't give me much hope, and it seems like someone else will be getting redeemed.
    Can you post the link of the new solicitations? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Can you post the link of the new solicitations? Many thanks
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...arvelmarch.htm

X-MEN: BLUE #23

CULLEN BUNN (W) JORGE MOLINA (A/C) NEW MUTANTS VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN

Cry Havok Part 1

* With the X-MEN lost in space, EMMA FROST, HAVOK, BASTION and MISS SINISTER hatch their devious plans!

* Is there a worse time for their most dangerous enemies to strike?

* And wouldn't it make matters much, much worse if POLARIS once again fell victim to the body-stealing MALICE?

32 pages, $3.99.

X-MEN: BLUE #24

CULLEN BUNN (W) JORGE MOLINA (A/C)

Cry Havok Part 2

* The X-MEN are missing, but MAGNETO mobilizes against his enemies! His first target: SEBASTIAN SHAW!

* What lengths will MAGNETO go to uncover his enemies' secrets?

* Meanwhile, JIMMY HUDSON and BLOODSTORM face the MALICE-possessed POLARIS!

Astonishing Member

I don't like this, and it also seems like bad continuity to me. Shaw had his mind wiped by Emma like 6 or 7 years ago, was pretty much a member of Generation Hope, freed the X-Men kids from the Avengers in AvX, had to read files about his past to know about himself, couldnt believe how evil he was, and hasnt done anything really evil ever since. He lead a team in Secret Empire that had Magik, Strong Guy, Marrow and Boom Boom iirc.
    Making him a villain again seems like another regression.

Basically, vote with your wallet, don't buy stuff you dislike.

mm you are correct.. it doesn´t read very promising...

So much for all those tumblr/twitter posts I guess, just need a new X-office to take over and just undo everything this past group has done. Can't think of any redeeming thing.

Astonishing Member

sometimes solicitations (like covers) deceive, I guess we can hope for a last minute twist, although I wouldnt be that optimistic.

One of the variants has Rahne with the claws and many wolves around her. That means the secondary mutation they gave her in New Tian will be adressed.
    It will be interesting to see if books respect what is happening in other books, because Rahne will also appear in the new New Mutants mini. If she doesnt have the secondary mutation there, we can guess they get rid of them and nothing bad happens to her in Blue.

We will have to wait and see, I have no real expectations to be honest but considering New Tian during Secret Empire and Jean Grey, Emma's not really acting like a villain. I can see Emma and Havok betraying Ms. Sinister and Bastion at the end as part of their own plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    We will have to wait and see, I have no real expectations to be honest but considering New Tian during Secret Empire and Jean Grey, Emma's not really acting like a villain. I can see Emma and Havok betraying Ms. Sinister and Bastion at the end as part of their own plan.
    That's always possible. But if the solicits are supposed to generate interest and sales, theyr doing a god awful job.

So evil Emma returns in Blue

Ultimate Member

Well Bunn needs to make somebody evil to make Magneto look good so he's picked Alex and Emma it seems...

BANNED

* With the X-MEN lost in space, EMMA FROST, HAVOK, BASTION and MISS SINISTER hatch their devious plans!

* Is there a worse time for their most dangerous enemies to strike?
    ***sigh***

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    And I'm pretty sure we were all freaking out just as badly about the solicits for Jean Grey, which has turned out to be one of the best times she's been written recently. Hopefully its something like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Bunn needs to make somebody evil to make Magneto look good so he's picked Alex and Emma it seems...
    The Punisher thing of Magneto is what bothers me more of that character, at least how Bunn writes him.
    Magneto has really has killed a huge number of people, he hit earth with an electromagnetic pulse that stopped and disrupted all electronics for minutes in the 90s, and should have killed all people traveling on planes or with pacemakers or connected to machines in hospitals. He doesn't have the moral authority to punish other criminals or other formers criminals.

I didnt like how he amputated the legs and arms of Scalphunter in the Bunn Magneto run (Scalphunter has a very strong healing factor, Magneto cauterized his wounds to make sure the extremities of Scalphunter dont grow back), to punish him for his former crimes, when he had stopped being a villain for years. He worked as a cook after Messiah complex, was converted to christianity by Nightcrawler, and helped the X-Men in Utopia against the Predator X and Nimrod invasions. But Magneto still felt he had the moral authority to punish Scalphunter for mutant massacre, while having Sabretooth in his own team the next year.
    Emma is a former super villain, and often does morally grey things, but isnt a self righteous hypocrite.