Page 812 of 886 FirstFirst ... 312712762802808809810811812813814815816822862 ... LastLast
Results 12,166 to 12,180 of 13279
    Amazing Member

The power of our Fandom! Guys, I think we should be more active on Twitter.

Jordan D White no Twitter WOW this one was pretty decisive Emma has some staunch defenders .jpg

BANNED

Emma <3<3

Art by Paolo Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by Isah View Post
    The power of our Fandom! Guys, I think we should be more active on Twitter.

Jordan D White no Twitter WOW this one was pretty decisive Emma has some staunch defenders .jpg
    Not that this will make any difference in the comics as he himself affirmed but thanks everyone here that voted for Emma to return to the X-mens it really makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not that this will make any difference in the comics as he himself affirmed but thanks everyone here that voted for Emma to return to the X-mens it really makes me happy.
    It might make a difference. If they know what people want, they may be more willing to get it. But yeah, this doesn’t mean ther is any guarantee of something good happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    If they know what people want, they may be more willing to get it.
    So, you're saying that people may be willing to spent money on **** they want instead of what the writers think people want? NO WAY.

You're using common sense my dude, that doesn't work with Marvel.

There were some nice moments with Emma in X-Men Blue #26 today. I won't spoil it, but I think those concerned that she's going to go full-on evil can rest a little easier. Emma's role in the future of the X-books is still up in the air, but I think this book shows that, at her core, she still wants to build a better future for the mutant race.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

It was a nice issue. And it feels good to have Emma back in white.

I didn't mind Bachalo's Emma that much, but I just love the Whedon's era costume so fucking much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    It was a nice issue. And it feels good to have Emma back in white.

I didn't mind Bachalo's Emma that much, but I just love the Whedon's era costume so fucking much.
    Can we call it the Cassaday era? It's not like Whedon drew anything or created it.

I like that she's being the voice of reason, but makes me think "how/why" did she get involved with them at all to being with.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Can we call it the Cassaday era? It's not like Whedon drew anything or created it.

I like that she's being the voice of reason, but makes me think "how/why" did she get involved with them at all to being with.
    Thx Emma is completely inconsistent with Bunn’s earlier Emma which makes me think he changed his plans after the heavy criticism.

How was the new blue issue? Is it worth picking up just for Emma, or is it like earlier ones where she doesn’t do much.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    How was the new blue issue? Is it worth picking up just for Emma, or is it like earlier ones where she doesn’t do much.
    It was nice, Emma doesn't really appear until towards the end, and then thats when she voices her opinion on mothervine and the dice starts rolling on her heel turn from villainy
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thx Emma is completely inconsistent with Bunn’s earlier Emma which makes me think he changed his plans after the heavy criticism.
    This is silly. He's always said she's been on a journey and we've seen that journey take place, there's nothing inconsistent here.

I think a lot of fans just didn't want to wait out for character development and just wanted continuity to be thrown out so they could have Emma back. Which is why Spencer's depiction was praised, even though that was inconsistent. Put it this way. You shift Emma back from being a villain with no story, then that allows a writer like Soule to come in and just switch her back again. Give her a story and development and that's a lot harder to do.

Soule(/Lemire?) destroyed her character, she's needed to be built back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    This is silly. He's always said she's been on a journey and we've seen that journey take place, there's nothing inconsistent here.

I think a lot of fans just didn't want to wait out for character development and just wanted continuity to be thrown out so they could have Emma back. Which is why Spencer's depiction was praised, even though that was inconsistent. Put it this way. You shift Emma back from being a villain with no story, then that allows a writer like Soule to come in and just switch her back again. Give her a story and development and that's a lot harder to do.

Soule(/Lemire?) destroyed her character, she's needed to be built back up again.
    What journey? Emma from Secret Empire to now in Mothervine is being written completely different. That was no natural evolution or change. Her personality and moral allignment is quite different. She was a psychotic mad woman in Bunn's previous issues which he modeled after IvX. The Emma currently in Mothervine is inconsistent with that portrayal but more like how she has been prior to IvX or Bunn touching her

While I agree that "Redemption" may not happen in a single issue and needs to be built up, the problem is, why does she need it in the first place? Like, IvX was a failed scenario, reason why most of it is slowly being ignored (like the horrible Black Judge Dredd Suit). Emma during the final issues of IvX was OOC as ****, and after that she wasn't even acting as a villain, at least outside of Blue.

So, while I like how Bunn is handing her right now, I agree with Havok83 in that Bunn has been a little bit inconsistent with her, and therefore this doesn't feel like a journey for redemption and more like he finally got her tone or something.

But I don't care, at least I'm enjoying her right now, I can forget the terrible first issues, just like I choose to ignore IvX happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What journey? Emma from Secret Empire to now in Mothervine is being written completely different. That was no natural evolution or change. Her personality and moral allignment is quite different. She was a psychotic mad woman in Bunn's previous issues which he modeled after IvX. The Emma currently in Mothervine is inconsistent with that portrayal but more like how she has been prior to IvX or Bunn touching her
    We actually saw two very different Emmas during Secret Empire. One old school villain "brainwashing" Tyke (in my opinion , a very flat and unworthy Emma.. out of her character) and one Emma as Queen of Tian, staning for mutankind in an .. extreme manner we may say... not a hero, not a villain.... just having the work done and being regal in the meanwhile.. that was in my opinion a more in character Emma. To evolve from there, from that Emma to the current Emma... it makes sense.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare