Page 814 of 886 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824864 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 13279

Maybe I'm forgetting something since Blue is hardly snatching my wig, but did Emma seriously not know about the control aspects of Mothervine but Havok & the others did? I suppose Miss Sinister could have blocked her telepathy, but that stood out to me as rather egregious.

Mothervine just feels like an awkward stepping stone for Emma's "redemption", as if they can't decide where her headspace is due to inconsistent writing, the morality/ethics of her prior actions and also what fans rejected hard enough (i.e. the aforementioned Dredd costume and possibly the hysterical sentinel-wielder).

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Emma can own more then one costume.

And I'd push back on insane, to describe her IvX actions. She was much, much radical then she ever been, veering much farther into moral darkness then she ever had, but it was an extension of previous ideology, not insanity. I mean, at the least, she took apart the Inhumans in like a day, a madwoman couldn't do that. And, like, yeah, it was unfair to the character and not really an accurate representation of who Emma is, but it wasn't madness.

but also at this point in continuity the idea that anyone still honestly thinks that anything but Scott's old plans for mutant preservation through mutually assured destruction would work is sorta laughable.
    I mean, the destruction of the first T Cloud during DoX and the plan during IvX were a few of the "positives" of that atrocious event. Problem was how after issue 3 or something it was clear IvX was a Inhuman event with Inhuman protagonists and when 6 came Emma did a 360 and started bombing innocent Inhumans using Sentinels, while talking like a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Maybe I'm forgetting something since Blue is hardly snatching my wig, but did Emma seriously not know about the control aspects of Mothervine but Havok & the others did? I suppose Miss Sinister could have blocked her telepathy, but that stood out to me as rather egregious.

Mothervine just feels like an awkward stepping stone for Emma's "redemption", as if they can't decide where her headspace is due to inconsistent writing, the morality/ethics of her prior actions and also what fans rejected hard enough (i.e. the aforementioned Dredd costume and possibly the hysterical sentinel-wielder).
    I thought about this, and I agree, it bugged me as well, but right now I've such low expectations about the X-Books and Emma's portrayal that I was happy simply because at least she didn't look like a villain and sounded a bit more like her old self.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Emma can own more then one costume.

And I'd push back on insane, to describe her IvX actions. She was much, much radical then she ever been, veering much farther into moral darkness then she ever had, but it was an extension of previous ideology, not insanity. I mean, at the least, she took apart the Inhumans in like a day, a madwoman couldn't do that. And, like, yeah, it was unfair to the character and not really an accurate representation of who Emma is, but it wasn't madness.

but also at this point in continuity the idea that anyone still honestly thinks that anything but Scott's old plans for mutant preservation through mutually assured destruction would work is sorta laughable.
    I actually do agree with this. I think if it wasn't for Emma making "crazy person faces" and seeming to "lose it" due to Cyclops' lame death. Then it would have been better received because she DID have some badass moments.

The problem was that it reduced her to sort of her entire world revolving around Cyclops when she had just basically been getting independent from him while still working together as comrades/allies. So it was regressive, and it was a bad trope. Plus even in Bendis' Uncanny, Emma and Cyke were not really meant to be thought of as villains or antagonists. They came close to the edge a bit but it was never anything close to what Emma was portrayed like during IvX
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

There were good ideas at the heart of it. Emma's had survivor's guilt issues for a long time - the Hellions, the Gen X kids, Genosha. Having that motivate her towards a move towards radicalism, taking up Scott's place as the head of the militaristic wing of the X-Men, yeah, I can buy that. Having Emma be the leader of the campaign against the Inhumans, yeah, that's in character too. Even having Emma ending with a reprisals after the action itself is finished, I can kinda sorta maybe see her do that. The execution of those ideas was the issue.

(The Sentinels thing is a Magneto move, because decolonizing language and symbols in order to create mutant class consciousness has been his thing since the start.)

So this is Emma with long hair (again.. consitency is nice) from the next X Men Blue?

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Emma looks like she's gonna read someone for filth. I approve.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So this is Emma with long hair (again.. consitency is nice) from the next X Men Blue?

That To art is making me want to pick up a couple issues of Blue...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Emma had a Mothervine mutation that made it so that her hair grows and retracts at will.

In all seriousness I think it's supposed to be long.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

extensions... if JLo can do them, Emma can do them ;-)
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Emma had a Mothervine mutation that made it so that her hair grows and retracts at will.

In all seriousness I think it's supposed to be long.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    extensions... if JLo can do them, Emma can do them ;-)
    Either of these work for me. But I really wish an editor will be a bi more atentive to these things.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Either of these work for me. But I really wish an editor will be a bi more atentive to these things.
    at least its not as bad as Captain Marvel was who's hair kept changing within her own solo

BANNED

There were good ideas at the heart of it. Emma's had survivor's guilt issues for a long time - the Hellions, the Gen X kids, Genosha. Having that motivate her towards a move towards radicalism, taking up Scott's place as the head of the militaristic wing of the X-Men, yeah, I can buy that. Having Emma be the leader of the campaign against the Inhumans, yeah, that's in character too. Even having Emma ending with a reprisals after the action itself is finished, I can kinda sorta maybe see her do that. The execution of those ideas was the issue.

(The Sentinels thing is a Magneto move, because decolonizing language and symbols in order to create mutant class consciousness has been his thing since the start.)

To me the "militaristic wing" doesn't fit Emma's outlook for mutants. She's always had a "use the abilities you've been given to make your own life easier in this world" mentality. I'd honestly blame Xavier for Scott's "military" view. Xavier didn't run a school for mutants he made them mercenaries. The Xmen are much less about helping people fit in and more about fighting villains. It shouldn't be like that.
    I'd prefer Emma be more White Queen in the sense of sticking to the shadows instead of being the face of Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Oh wow shes truly deep in that list lool...im just not sure she'd be able to take on Thanos
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Oh wow shes truly deep in that list lool...im just not sure she'd be able to take on Thanos
    Read the write up. She shouldnt be but their rational is if she had access to the PF as she did in AvX