Page 852 of 886 FirstFirst ... 352752802842848849850851852853854855856862 ... LastLast
Results 12,766 to 12,780 of 13279

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

Maybe they can pull a Xorneto on Emma and reverse this characterization!
    Even that was kind of weak as the only one that was truly hurt by that lie was teen Cyclops. I really dont see how the events of DoX led to things being worse for mutantkind in terms of hate that they were trying to spew when Extraordinary started. It was quite a weak association

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I get what you're saying. It's nice what Jean is trying to do, but realistically mutants need someone like Emma who is unwilling to apologize for being who she is, or hold back using her powers for any reason. The crap that Nova is pulling is ridiculous and people like her need to be put down.
    It'll be interestingn to see how Jean deals with her when it comes time to confront her. Clearly trying to rehabilitate her in the form of Stuff, didnt work. IA, she needs to be killed

Of that there were ANY Inhumans on those ships at all. No funeral, no memorial service, no names = No deaths

I get what you're saying. It's nice what Jean is trying to do, but realistically mutants need someone like Emma who is unwilling to apologize for being who she is, or hold back using her powers for any reason. The crap that Nova is pulling is ridiculous and people like her need to be put down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even that was kind of weak as the only one that was truly hurt by that lie was teen Cyclops. I really dont see how the events of DoX led to things being worse for mutantkind in terms of hate that they were trying to spew when Extraordinary started. It was quite a weak association

It'll be interestingn to see how Jean deals with her when it comes time to confront her. Clearly trying to rehabilitate her in the form of Stuff, didnt work. IA, she needs to be killed

They had a scene in the X-Men Red Annual where Jean patched things up with Black Bolt. It insinuates mutants were left on bad terms with the Inhumans. It wasn't entirely Emma's fault, but she certainly didn't help....

Jean probably will not kill Cassandra Nova.. though Professor X shot Cassandra Nova in New X-Men just after Jean had her kumbaya rant with Emma about needing to be peaceful and how Magneto's ways are outdated and wrong.

I think it was Craig Kyle that said this during an interview about his New X-Men run:

Our kids were built by Emma and Cyclops, not Xavier. I think theyd have a tough time listening to words of peace and control when theyve had to fight so hard just to survive. I hope they dont listen to him [Professor X]; I think theyre better off without him.
    So why are they listening to Jean now who's reverting the X-Men back to Professor X's days?

BANNED

Nova shot her own body with Charles in it and in doing so released the nanite virus that made everyone sick. I dont think it go to Emma because she was in Diamond form.

I'm guessing that Jean will work a way that will prevent Nova from influencing anyone, but Nova has a lot of other powers. As much as I'm enjoying Red it just seems pretty 'eh' in terms of Jean not knowing who is behind all this.

Nova shot her own body with Charles in it and in doing so released the nanite virus that made everyone sick. I dont think it go to Emma because she was in Diamond form.

I'm guessing that Jean will work a way that will prevent Nova from influencing anyone, but Nova has a lot of other powers. As much as I'm enjoying Red it just seems pretty 'eh' in terms of Jean not knowing who is behind all this.
    Ooooh, good catch. I forgot that was Nova and not actually Professor X.

Lol Jean should ask Emma for help with Nova, then she can make a guest appearance.

They had a scene in the X-Men Red Annual where Jean patched things up with Black Bolt. It insinuates mutants were left on bad terms with the Inhumans. It wasn't entirely Emma's fault, but she certainly didn't help....

Jean probably will not kill Cassandra Nova.. though Professor X shot Cassandra Nova in New X-Men just after Jean had her kumbaya rant with Emma about needing to be peaceful and how Magneto's ways are outdated and wrong.

I think it was Craig Kyle that said this during an interview about his New X-Men run:

So why are they listening to Jean now who's reverting the X-Men back to Professor X's days?
    He meant that as a compliment. Craig Kyle loves Scott and Emma particularly Emma

BANNED

Ooooh, good catch. I forgot that was Nova and not actually Professor X.

Lol Jean should ask Emma for help with Nova, then she can make a guest appearance.
    I'm hoping that happens. It is going to take more than one telepath to fight her especially since Jean rejected the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He meant that as a compliment. Craig Kyle loves Scott and Emma particularly Emma
    Yes, I know it's a compliment. I was referring to "they" as in the X-Men characters, such as the students who were under Emma and Scott, listening to Jean's revised Professor X idealism.

I'm hoping that happens. It is going to take more than one telepath to fight her especially since Jean rejected the Phoenix.
    It would be stupid if she doesn't appear ....

I want a convo between Emma and Jean in which Emma points out that Jean is allowed to lead the X-Men more peacefully because mutants are back at full population levels, whereas when Emma was leading the X-Men, they were down to hundreds and coidldnt afford outdated passificist ideals.

I just love the dynamic between Emma and Jean, and I wanna see more of that. It'd make Red way more interesting, but yeah there are too many characters as of now.

Emma lied to everyone that Black Bolt killed Cyclops. She made the X-Men look like crazy liars and like "Magneto's waiting to happen."

Maybe they can pull a Xorneto on Emma and reverse this characterization!
    She only did what Cyclops would have done if he didn't die in the most offensively bad way possible. People are acting like Cyke would have been completely okay with the Inhumans gassing the mutant race. The moment of Black Bolt destroying the Scott illusion worked so well because it could have easily happened if Scott was actually there.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She only did what Cyclops would have done if he didn't die in the most offensively bad way possible. People are acting like Cyke would have been completely okay with the Inhumans gassing the mutant race. The moment of Black Bolt destroying the Scott illusion worked so well because it could have easily happened if Scott was actually there.
    That, and it wasn't a lie that Black Bolt killed Scott. By releasing the toxic murder cloud he killed everyone who that cloud claimed. The lie was the manner of how Black Bolt killed Cyclops, not that he did it.

It was more Medusa´s decision.. BBolt was just the weapon.. but I do think he knew of the Terrigen Cloud effects on mutants and yet they released it.. and for sure they did nothing to stop it.. Genocide is the name for them. I hope to see Medusas and BlackBolt´s Nuremberg trial.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I still believe that DoX would've have happened even if Cyclops was alive. Emma knew Scott, and she took path Cyclops would've taken.

And even if it was a lie it doesn't take away the fact that Medusa pulled the trigger and BB chose to follow her orders, they decided to kill Cyclops, and they thought they did. Everyone can act like all is gucci now and Medusa and BB are not killers but at the end of the day the are.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I still believe that DoX would've have happened even if Cyclops was alive. Emma knew Scott, and she took path Cyclops would've taken.

And even if it was a lie it doesn't take away the fact that Medusa pulled the trigger and BB chose to follow her orders, they decided to kill Cyclops, and they thought they did. Everyone can act like all is gucci now and Medusa and BB are not killers but at the end of the day the are.
    Why are we assuming Scott was Emma´s phantasy/projection? It wold not surprise me if Scott was/is at the Astral plane and he was using Emma´s power to manifest in the physical realm.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I need to be more convinced that what Emma did in IvX was necessary. The execution was just soooo bad and came off as character assassination. I just can't get behind it!

Also, "Cyclops" was the one that unleashed his optic blasts first on Black Bolt, so BB had no other choice than to fight back.

I thought Medusa and BB didn't know the clouds killed mutants, so I think that's some revisionist history, though correct me if I'm wrong.

I need to be more convinced that what Emma did in IvX was necessary. The execution was just soooo bad and came off as character assassination. I just can't get behind it!

Also, "Cyclops" was the one that unleashed his optic blasts first on Black Bolt, so BB had no other choice than to fight back.

I thought Medusa and BB didn't know the clouds killed mutants, so I think that's some revisionist history, though correct me if I'm wrong.
    The entire event was character assassination for her. It was written that way so that there would be an enemy and the Inhumans would look right in the end, despite all presented evidence being to the contrary.

As the Mists are concerned, the Inhuman royals already knew from previous interactions with Quicksilver that the Mists can be dangerous and unstable when used around mutants. While they may not have known the Mists would become toxic to the level they did, they DID know that the Mists interact rather poorly with mutant physiology.

Cyclops optic blasts would not be able to kill Blackbolt hell it probably barely graze him. The use of his voice was excessive and the reason for his execution were his ideas which threatened the inhumans rising not his optic blast.