Page 859 of 886 FirstFirst ... 359759809849855856857858859860861862863869 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 13279

I generally don't think Emma can take a non-phoenixed Jean, and I'm fine with that. She doesn't have to be the most powerful telepath in the world, it's part of Jean's character, kinda how being rich is part of Emma's, and that's cool. Besides, one being able to win a fight has never really been the point of their interactions.

In a just and reasonable world they'd have inherited the Magz/X story of 'different life philosophies, different life paths, similar goals'. Shame Marvel was never interested in investing in their women characters and forced that into Cyclops and Wolverine's story.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    They donīt have to be necesarily fighting each other (though of course the tension should be there...) I love the way they interact. When well writen it brings the best moments of the Year.

Goddess, that was a good issue. Whenever I feel hopeless about Emma today I try and remember Hopeless.

Frost is far more intelligent, Beast considered her a peer while dismissed the O5. Additionally, Frost can take Jean this is like the Thor vs Hulk vs Gladiator thing

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Goddess, that was a good issue. Whenever I feel hopeless about Emma today I try and remember Hopeless.
    TRULY and exquisite and utterly necessary POSITIVE handling of Miss Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Emma has defeated Rachel but perhaps Emma has an inferiority complex re: Jean.
    That fight was kind of BS and its when Claremont started to regress Rachel. She was treated as someone with alot of potential power but little skill or experience which was the point he drove by Emma defeating her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    TRULY and exquisite and utterly necessary POSITIVE handling of Miss Frost.
    I love how she checked Jean's ego.

The Strongest Telepath vote is on!!!

If it were a battle between life and death, Emma would lose in a telepathic battle to Jean, Phoenix or no Phoenix.

Emma is more book smart and intelligent, good at getting what she wants, and doesn't die all the time. She's better at surviving and getting away from disasters. It's both a blessing and a curse for her character.

Kelly Thompson AMA: she's a huge Emma Frost fan!! https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...rvels_hawkeye/
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-10-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    If it were a battle between life and death, Emma would lose in a telepathic battle to Jean, Phoenix or no Phoenix.

Emma is more book smart and intelligent, good at getting what she wants, and doesn't die all the time. She's better at surviving and getting away from disasters. It's both a blessing and a curse for her character.

Kelly Thompson AMA: she's a huge Emma Frost fan!! https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...rvels_hawkeye/
    Yeah, that caught my eye too. I really hope she gets a chance to write Emma Frost at some point. It sounds like she's doing plenty to establish herself in the X-books. Since Emma's role after X-men Blue is sort of ambiguous, I think there's an opportunity for her to write Emma in an X-book. I think that will be very good for her character.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I don't think she'd lose. Jean is a goodie goodie, Emma does whatever it takes to survive. If it were a battle to stay alive Emma wouldn't pull any punches

I think Emma has been attacked by the Phoenix Force more times then any other character in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I don't think she'd lose. Jean is a goodie goodie, Emma does whatever it takes to survive. If it were a battle to stay alive Emma wouldn't pull any punches
    Jean isnt above playing dirty. Look what she did in New X-men as she rampaged through Emma's mind

When Jean gets angry, she throws ethics out the window. The only thing that would hold her back is that she wouldnt kill but I think she wouldnt let it get to that point as I think she'd find a way to neutralize Emma

It won't happen sans Phoenix

It really is writer dependent even Morrison said

what is that image from?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean isnt above playing dirty. Look what she did in New X-men as she rampaged through Emma's mind

When Jean gets angry, she throws ethics out the window. The only thing that would hold her back is that she wouldnt kill but I think she wouldnt let it get to that point as I think she'd find a way to neutralize Emma
    Jean stopped just short of forcing Emma to live the lives of every child that died under her watch. Good lord, telepaths are scary, and what Jean could have done sounds like some Black Mirror horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what is that image from?

Some alternate reality.

BANNED

Jean stopped just short of forcing Emma to live the lives of every child that died under her watch. Good lord, telepaths are scary, and what Jean could have done sounds like some Black Mirror horror.
    I think that would've made Emma crack...and not in a "crying puddle on the floor" sort of way, but "gloves are off" sort of way.....because as much as she blames herself for their deaths there's nothing she could've done and she didn't kill them herself.....unlike Jean.