Page 866 of 886 FirstFirst ... 366766816856862863864865866867868869870876 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 12,990 of 13279

I think they got Emma Phoenix statistics .. the page will change once it is reviewed. Emma can be an omega mutant but not a cosmic deity.. maybe she has that potential if it serves the plot (like in P5 or if she get the Mind Stone) but that´s about it.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Basically that's what 7's are. It's like... whatever the max is for 6, then anything past that. Without a limit. So Gods/Cosmic Beings tend to have 7's.

I haven't reviewed this system since the 90s but back then

6 in intelligence meant like SUPER GENIUS like very few characters had it. Reed Richards one of the very few. Beast was a 5 I think. Emma should be like... 3 or 4. She is clever and cunning but isn't like a master scientist or anything

7 in intelligence essentially = omniscience.... reserved for cosmic entities and the like

6 in strength or durability basically is Hulk Tier or Juggernaut, way too high for Emma

Speed refers to physical speed and not "mental speed" (that would be intelligence). Emma's speed is probably a 2. Normal human. Maybe a 3 if we stretch things.

Energy Projection is one of the most vague weird categories, who really knows what it means it changes in different settings. If we consider it as telepathy then Emma's should be like a 4-5 probably.

Fighting Ability clearly Emma should be like a 3 at best in. 4 is really pushing it.
    I think her Marvel Handbook stats are fine
    her intelligence is 4
    (2 is normal, 3 is learned, 4 is brilliant, 5 is genius, 6 is super genius) characters like Beast, Kavita Rao or Dr Nemesis are 5. She did use to design comic book science machines in the 80s when she was evil, like the psychic machine that allowed Mastermind to project his illusions straight into Jean's mind. But all her technology was psychic related, like what was mentioned before, the gun she used to swap minds with Storm, or the cerebro equivalent she had when the Hellions still lived.
    she pretty much stopped doing science when she became a hero with Gen X. Although some writers have had her as quite tech savy. Whedon had her be the only one who knew all Shi Ar technology is technically alive in his Danger story.

Emma is very intelligent she designed the cure to Polaris pestilence diseases and designed several devices

In her own way I would place her at 5..with Beast etc... I think Omega tp are all super intelligent by nature (Omega Kid thought one thousand brilliant thoughts a second)

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    In her own way I would place her at 5..with Beast etc... I think Omega tp are all super intelligent by nature (Omega Kid thought one thousand brilliant thoughts a second)
    Not necessarily, Jean and Rachel are of average intelligence so is Cable, Nate Grey, Legion, Shadow King etc.

I think Emma was being flippant when she mentioned QQQ being able to do that. If that's true, that means Quire must percieve every moment passing at around 1/100th the speed of everyone else, which would make existence a living nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Not necessarily, Jean and Rachel are of average intelligence so is Cable, Nate Grey, Legion, Shadow King etc.
    Agreed. Emma is demonstrably smarter than Rachel or Jean or even Charles. She may not be on the level of genius as Reed Richards or Tony Stark, but she's extremely smart.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Agreed. Emma is demonstrably smarter than Rachel or Jean or even Charles. She may not be on the level of genius as Reed Richards or Tony Stark, but she's extremely smart.
    I think Charles is intelligent as well he invented cerebro

BANNED

Frost Industries had a lot of tech that's been forgotten/overlooked. She's a smart business woman who uses that same cunning in the field.

Personally, I've always been under the impression that -- yes, Emma is no dumby.
    She is, in fact, QUITE intelligent. But -- and I don't mean to disparage by any means -- I always thought much of her skills and business savvy etc. were afforded from her telepathy, and through continued practice, gradually became more concrete over time. Much like someone who is shadowing or mentoring an expert in any particular field and learning/observing tricks of the trade -- but she was gaining it all without their knowing, and on the telepathic DL.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Personally, I've always been under the impression that -- yes, Emma is no dumby.
    She is, in fact, QUITE intelligent. But -- and I don't mean to disparage by any means -- I always thought much of her skills and business savvy etc. were afforded from her telepathy, and through continued practice, gradually became more concrete over time. Much like someone who is shadowing or mentoring an expert in any particular field and learning/observing tricks of the trade -- but she was gaining it all without their knowing, and on the telepathic DL.
    I agree. I think very powerful telepathy or other sorts of abilities like that can sort of artificially boost intelligence. it's why I don't think Legion, Nate Grey, Shadow King, etc. could possibly be given 2's in Intelligence.

Legion and Nate Grey can basically "hear the entire planet at once" how could that be possible with a normal human intellect? Or when Jean Grey gave Mastermind the entire knowledge of the universe at once and it melted his mind but she was fine with it. Clearly can't be a 2.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I agree. I think very powerful telepathy or other sorts of abilities like that can sort of artificially boost intelligence. it's why I don't think Legion, Nate Grey, Shadow King, etc. could possibly be given 2's in Intelligence.

Legion and Nate Grey can basically "hear the entire planet at once" how could that be possible with a normal human intellect? Or when Jean Grey gave Mastermind the entire knowledge of the universe at once and it melted his mind but she was fine with it. Clearly can't be a 2.
    I don't subscribe to STATS.
    I feel they're silly and confusing and conflicting.

That being said, in this case, perhaps they are referring to each individual's "base" intelligence -- rather than the "borrowed" (for lack of a better word) "knowledge" <shrug>

BANNED

That was the Phoenix Force that did that to Mastermind.

That said, while I agree that Emma is smarter than most telepaths, I don't think her intelligence exceeds Xavier or Shadow King. Both SK and Xavier are brilliant.

I would undobtly put Emma at the same level than Beast or Xavier. Reg intelligence "boosted" by telepathy. I agree. I think telepaths are by the definition of their power set super intelligent. Asking them not to use their tp senses would be like claiming that Reed is superintelligent because he is unfairly using his eyes to read... and I do think Reed is superintelligent because his mind also became elastic and able to use larger portion of the average brain intellect. The same should apply to omega telepaths: They should be able to use 100% of their brain+100% of other people´s brains. I think Emma is just more aware of it and less afraid of it than Jean, Rachel...

I would undobtly put Emma at the same level than Beast or Xavier. Reg intelligence "boosted" by telepathy. I agree. I think telepaths are by the definition of their power set super intelligent. Asking them not to use their tp senses would be like claiming that Reed is superintelligent because he is unfairly using his eyes to read... and I do think Reed is superintelligent because his mind also became elastic and able to use larger portion of the average brain intellect. The same should apply to omega telepaths: They should be able to use 100% of their brain+100% of other people´s brains. I think Emma is just more aware of it and less afraid of it than Jean, Rachel...
    I disagree, you can read someone's mind like Reed Richards but not have the ability to comprehend it.
    Jean and Rachel were never created to be intelligent they're of average intelligence.

The Stepford Cuckoo's have computer brains and think in code as seen in Warsong. And amongst Quentin's abilities was intelligence. Xavier is intelligent and an inventor just like Magneto.

Psylocke again is another character who is not above average intelligence.

Emma on the other hand was created to be actually intelligent business wise and tech wise and even with Beast looking at her like the only other person he converse with in Morrison's X-Men