Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

uh so anyone else read Avengers Assemble Alpha?

the art is real purty, but who the hell is Avengers Prime?

Astonishing Member

Probably unlikely but I was thinking Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I did and after reading the issue I would put my money on Avenger Prime being Loki.

Loki wouldn't need a mask, he'd just use a glamour, a false appearance, to hide his identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Nope but I'm guessing the new writer might be Donny Cates now that he's done writing Hulk and most likely winding down his Thor run.
    Cates has personal issues. Don't expect him on anything for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Well when you watch this year, you understand the Avengers became a minor title, and all efforts are put for the X-men brand.

I think it will change for 2023 (because it's the anniversary of the team) and we will have a new relaunch (because Marvel) with a groundbreaking creative team and big changes for the team. Also, tie-in with the X-men because it's sell.
    X-Men debuted the same year Avengers did, so don't be so sure. They'll almost certainly push them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I sometimes wonder if DC could have been the company to not have the rights to their big guns, and be forced to focus on characters and teams they care less about like the Titans, Young Justice, Legion, Justice Society, etc. what sort of stuff we could have seen.
    Titans is actually one of their bigger names, it's the second biggest team brand there. If they sold off them and the Justice League like Marvel did X-Men and FF, then they'd probably have to rely on the JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

DC had access to all their own stuff and we still got **** like Steel, Catwoman and Gotham.
    "Cable was right!"

Do I even care about Avengers Prime...

Incredible Member

I thought it was pretty good up until they started fighting amongst themselves for no reason. Most of the time there is no good reason for heroes to fight each other, but here there truly is no reason.

Aaron's Avengers is trying to go super big by involving the multiverse and Mephisto, but struggles to give any actual meaningful characters. Prehistoric Avengers are a great visual idea, but don't have anything meaning aside from being prehistoric and Avengers. Robbie Reyes is being pumped up by Aaron but he feels more like a plot device than a character. The non-Mephisto villains are forgettable, as they have no meaning aside from being a costume change on villains you know. The reveal of the tower and its location seems to be extremely derivative of DC Comics' Source Wall, and that story has already been told a bunch of times.

The 'mystery of Avengers Prime' seems to be the only ongoing story hook, but it doesn't seem like an interesting mystery at all as the character doesn't have any significance to the reader. Contrast that with how Hickman's Avengers teased the mystery of the Great Destroyer and granted actual significance to that character.

Overall, like your comment on the art being purty, the entire run has just been interesting static visual ideas but no substance beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do I even care about Avengers Prime...
    Maybe Prime is making a comeback!!!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Who cares? That's been the case for most of this run. Disappointment or worse, eyerolling & gagging. Really??? Ghostrider?? Is that really Monica Rambeau practically fangirling and calling Robbie Reyes the most power Avenger ever?

Also, I found this Hitch art extremely sloppy compared to his usual work. The anatomy is completely off.

Insert my usual rant about the trashing of Namor. What a waste. You can tell everyone on the book really cares when they can't even remember he has ankle wings.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-01-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Who cares? That's been the case for most of this run. Disappointment or worse, eyerolling & gagging. Really??? Ghostrider?? Is that really Monica Rambeau practically fangirling and calling Robbie Reyes the most power Avenger ever?

Also, I found this Hitch art extremely sloppy compared to his usual work. The anatomy is completely off.

Insert my usual rant about the trashing of Namor. What a waste. You can tell everyone on the book really cares when they can't even remember he has ankle wings.
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as his Justice League of America series.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Based on his the green of his suit, I’m assuming Prime is spoilers:
    (a) Loki
    end of spoilers

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as his Justice League of America series.
    He was AMAZING on Hawkman. This ... not good.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Anyone else annoyed that more classic Avengers aren't being used during this Avengers Assemble crossover? Seems like the perfect time to use seldom seen Avengers like Moondragon, Jocasta, Wonder Man, Mantis, etc instead all of these brand new multiverse versions of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. What could have been the ultimate Avengers crossover is just a snore fest to me. Enough already with this current run.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Anyone else annoyed that more classic Avengers aren't being used during this Avengers Assemble crossover? Seems like the perfect time to use seldom seen Avengers like Moondragon, Jocasta, Wonder Man, Mantis, etc instead all of these brand new multiverse versions of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. What could have been the ultimate Avengers crossover is just a snore fest to me. Enough already with this current run.
    Aaron prefers crazy and wild to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I thought it was pretty good up until they started fighting amongst themselves for no reason. Most of the time there is no good reason for heroes to fight each other, but here there truly is no reason.

Aaron's Avengers is trying to go super big by involving the multiverse and Mephisto, but struggles to give any actual meaningful characters. Prehistoric Avengers are a great visual idea, but don't have anything meaning aside from being prehistoric and Avengers. Robbie Reyes is being pumped up by Aaron but he feels more like a plot device than a character. The non-Mephisto villains are forgettable, as they have no meaning aside from being a costume change on villains you know. The reveal of the tower and its location seems to be extremely derivative of DC Comics' Source Wall, and that story has already been told a bunch of times.

The 'mystery of Avengers Prime' seems to be the only ongoing story hook, but it doesn't seem like an interesting mystery at all as the character doesn't have any significance to the reader. Contrast that with how Hickman's Avengers teased the mystery of the Great Destroyer and granted actual significance to that character.

Overall, like your comment on the art being purty, the entire run has just been interesting static visual ideas but no substance beyond that.
    Ha, well posters here might expect me to defend Avengers Alpha. However, I agree to an extent with other posters. I was disappointed in seeing the modern day Avengers get into a fight with the Prehistoric Avengers for a good chunk of the issue. The battle looked alright. However, comparing Hitch's work to his run on the Ultimates, it didn't has as much detail. The two groups fighting for so long felt cliche to me. I've seen it done so many times before. Part of me was expecting some type of twist, like Mephisto was psychically goading them to fight. But no. It was just a regular "misunderstanding" fight.

Thought I was the only one who noticed the Source Wall comparison. That first page made me go "Really? Marvel Source Wall?"

The identity of Avengers Prime is somewhat interesting. I've been waiting since the beginning of the storyline, but I wasn't as enthused about it as much as I thought I'd be. Still, I find Robbie being the driver of everything to be intriguing.

There is still enough in the story to keep me going, but I was expecting more.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."