Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    A phoenix, engima force, power cosmic empowered Ghost Rider Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir and Captain America's shield with Juggernaut's helmet and Wolverine's claws and Dr Doom's cloak and an Arc Reactor with unstable molecules will erase all Mephisto variants
    You forgot eye of Agamotto, Starbrand and Iron Fist. Along with Deathlok armor.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Nope but I'm guessing the new writer might be Donny Cates now that he's done writing Hulk and most likely winding down his Thor run.
    Prepare for the biggest enemy avengers ever fought, an ancient monster evil god named Pnull (no relation to another monster evil god). The only one who can stand in his way is the captain America of future bonded with juggernaut and Odinforce who's insane (no relation to cosmic ghost rider).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Most people forget him………….
    Its almost like he's Forgotten one from Avengers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Serious question, was there anything to appreciate with the Avengers in 2022? I mean, it's been pretty bad this year...
    Well when you watch this year, you understand the Avengers became a minor title, and all efforts are put for the X-men brand.

I think it will change for 2023 (because it's the anniversary of the team) and we will have a new relaunch (because Marvel) with a groundbreaking creative team and big changes for the team. Also, tie-in with the X-men because it's sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah that whole idea needs to be wiped from continuity.
    It will be difficult to do that. I honestly don't know how you can do that, unless to created a big head headache
    Last edited by Dioman-san; 11-23-2022 at 02:34 AM.

Spectacular Member

It will be difficult to do that. I honestly don't know how you can do that, unless to created a big head headache

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nope but I'm guessing the new writer might be Donny Cates now that he's done writing Hulk and most likely winding down his Thor run.
    I wouldn't count leaving a book due to real life issues as being done. I wouldn't Cates on Avengers once he's back to 100% tho. If that happens I hope he doesn't use Thanos; I need a break from him.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I just want by Weird West book with Starbrand Kid and Reno Phoenix

Just not by Aaron. Ever again

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wouldn't count leaving a book due to real life issues as being done. I wouldn't Cates on Avengers once he's back to 100% tho. If that happens I hope he doesn't use Thanos; I need a break from him.

By the tweets he and Ottley put out it didn't sound like it was a temporary leave of absence to me

What terminology would you use to describe it then if not done?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

By the tweets he and Ottley put out it didn't sound like it was a temporary leave of absence to me

What terminology would you use to describe it then if not done?
    Abandoned.
    "Cable was right!"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A phoenix, engima force, power cosmic empowered Ghost Rider Steve Rogers wielding Mjolnir and Captain America's shield with Juggernaut's helmet and Wolverine's claws and Dr Doom's cloak and an Arc Reactor with unstable molecules will erase all Mephisto variants
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Prepare for the biggest enemy avengers ever fought, an ancient monster evil god named Pnull (no relation to another monster evil god). The only one who can stand in his way is the captain America of future bonded with juggernaut and Odinforce who's insane (no relation to cosmic ghost rider).
    I laugh, but I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these in an Aaron or Cates comic.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I really hope Aaron doesn't read these boards...

Hear, hear.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    You forgot eye of Agamotto, Starbrand and Iron Fist. Along with Deathlok armor.
    Indeed. The Soldier Supreme lives on...

Ha, well, as I've said in the past, I count myself in the minority. I've been appreciative of Aaron's runs on both the main Avengers titles and Avengers Forever. Yes, I'll admit that Aaron is using all of these Marvel entities and powers, Phoenix Forces, Starbrands, and Spirits of Vengeances, somewhat casually. Any one of these aspects should be an event in themselves. There is also a rushed aspect to Aaron's storytelling.

However, I don't feel their uses have been that ridiculous. All of these things are still within the realm of plausibility. Furthermore, I really like Aaron's creativity. Yes, it's out there and a little sudden. The most recent arc with the Avengers going through time and encountering all of these new characters can be jarring. Over all of these years and we are just learning about cowboys with the Starbrand, WWII soldiers with the Eye of Agamotto, and a samurai Spirit of Vengeance? The Phoenix Force being the mother of Thor?! However, I still look at that with this air of plausibility. Yeah, it's possible we haven't seen these characters before. And yeah, you know what, cowboys with the Starbrand, WWII soldiers with the Eye of Agamotto, and a samurai Spirit of Vengeance are pretty cool (Honestly, I want to see more of the latter. He's so sick!) The Phoenix Force can be Thor's mom or isn't. I think the story works either way.

That same creativity is seen in the Avengers Forever title. I'm liking this remix of Avengers characters. Tony Stark as an Ant-Man. Thor as an Iron Fist. Again, that's something new.

Finally, all of these forces coming together would be overkill if it weren't for the challenges the Avengers are facing. A council of endless Mephistos plus a multiversal Masters of Evil are really formidable. The Avengers are underdogs. Even the team that is this mighty are underdogs compared to the opposition.

So overall, yes, I acknowledge the Aaron's shortcomings; the jarring pacing of the storyline, the casual usage of monumental forces, these unexpected hidden characters, and a seemingly rewritten Marvel continuity. However, there is a ring of credibility. And if you allow that, then I think the story has been pretty good.

Alright, alright, if Aaron's run is completely forgotten after that, and everything returns back to an acceptable status quo with the next writer, I'm good. Still, I am enjoying the current direction.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Besides, given every other writer these days loves to single the Avengers out as authoritarian cop elitists/artificially upjumped d-listers who should have stayed dead in the 90s; I sadly expect that we’ll be getting a run sooner or later by a writer who wholeheartedly agrees with such sentiment.