Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've been Avengers deprived for so long, I'll give any new title a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    didn't Scarlet Witch became Elder Goddess of Chaos or something recently?

might be too OP to have around.
    Unfortunately that Darkhold "event" was DOA and probably won't ever be referenced again...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, by the time the COVID-delayed Darkhold was published, it's status quo was already obsolete due to The Trial of Magneto.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I think that this Avengers 1,000,000 BC one-shot (this is a one-shot right? the article was not clear) will be a combination of the origin stories of Odin, Agamotto and Black Panther.

Aaron has been inserting origin issues for his prehistoric Avengers in-between his multi-issue arcs.
    We've had origin issues for four of them so far:

1. Prehistoric Ghost Rider in Avengers 7
    2. Prehistoric Iron Fist in Avengers 13
    3. Prehistoric Starbrand in Avengers 26
    4. Prehistoric Phoenix in Avengers 39

The three prehistoric Avengers yet to receive an origin issue are Agamotto, Odin and Prehistoric Black Panther.
    Since he's run out of space in the main book, I suspect he's combining those three issues into a one-shot.
    The Odin section will presumably cover the birth of Thor.

Also from the article:

Are they talking about Judgment Day or something else?
    Why isn't there a Spider-Man, B.C.? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've been Avengers deprived for so long, I'll give any new title a chance.

Unfortunately that Darkhold "event" was DOA and probably won't ever be referenced again...
    I disagree. It has the potential to be one of the more important status quo changing mini’s in Marvel history.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I disagree. It has the potential to be one of the more important status quo changing mini’s in Marvel history.
    Like you, I see Aaron’s Avengers and Avengers Forever as this epic long-view story starting from Marvel Legacy #1. Originally I avoided Aaron’s Avengers because of what I thought was a deformation of the history and continuity of Marvel Universe. I have since become interested in the Council of Red full of Multiversal Mephisto’s and their plan. Each new FCBD Avengers led to newer and more detailed signposts along the way. It’s also tied to Heroes Reborn, and Incoming, and we don’t yet know if it is striking Judgement Day or not. But to me, it’s like the Hickman Incursions storyline, in that it is destroying the Multiverses Superheroes from the bottom up in every universe. One thing that pops up in this is the curse that Odin puts on the Masters of Evil that kill Odin, when Odin puts a rejigged spell on Mjolnir as the All-Vengence for the M.O.E. doing this, and it’s just now coming for Doom Supreme and his MOE, via the Forever Storm of the Superflow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Like you, I see Aaron’s Avengers and Avengers Forever as this epic long-view story starting from Marvel Legacy #1. Originally I avoided Aaron’s Avengers because of what I thought was a deformation of the history and continuity of Marvel Universe. I have since become interested in the Council of Red full of Multiversal Mephisto’s and their plan. Each new FCBD Avengers led to newer and more detailed signposts along the way. It’s also tied to Heroes Reborn, and Incoming, and we don’t yet know if it is striking Judgement Day or not. But to me, it’s like the Hickman Incursions storyline, in that it is destroying the Multiverses Superheroes from the bottom up in every universe. One thing that pops up in this is the curse that Odin puts on the Masters of Evil that kill Odin, when Odin puts a rejigged spell on Mjolnir as the All-Vengence for the M.O.E. doing this, and it’s just now coming for Doom Supreme and his MOE, via the Forever Storm of the Superflow.
    My thoughts as well …
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    My thoughts as well …
    It makes me wonder when his Endgame will start, it's been so long and a lot of has been feeling like pure nonsense.

His Avenger's run soured me a lot on him, but if this has been him just putting all the pieces in place and he can pull it off it will totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Why isn't there a Spider-Man, B.C.? Just wondering.
    I have to say, I'm peeved there isn't a Captain America B.C..
    (Sarcasm alert!)

Peace

Not really excited about All Out Avengers. Seems like more of the same.
    At this point I think the franchise needs a complete overhaul. I think it may be time for a new editorial team because I can’t see the current one being able to revive the Avengers without more retreads of the same concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    At this point I think the franchise needs a complete overhaul. I think it may be time for a new editorial team because I can’t see the current one being able to revive the Avengers without more retreads of the same concepts.
    Hasn't it just been Brevoort since the Bendis era? I don't see it changing any time soon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    If you're talking about Darkhold, I disagree with your disagreement. Yes, it had potential in the way a lot of published material does, but realistically the people behind the scenes don't care enough to make the events of that book stick.

If you're talking about Avengers Forever, you very well may be right.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What the Avengers really need is a back to basics approach. One book, called Avengers, with a team of about 7 or 8 classic members (one or two post Disassembled characters would be ok... but NO new members), operating out of the mansion. Classic villains in non-status quo changing forever situations. Just stories of good vs. bad with some character development between the fights. After a year or so, add a second title. Doesn't need to be Avengers West Coast, but a similar idea. A second team, associated with the first, operating out of a different location.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If you're talking about Darkhold, I disagree with your disagreement. Yes, it had potential in the way a lot of published material does, but realistically the people behind the scenes don't care enough to make the events of that book stick.

If you're talking about Avengers Forever, you very well may be right.
    I was talking Darkhold. I don’t read Aaron.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    What the Avengers really need is a back to basics approach. One book, called Avengers, with a team of about 7 or 8 classic members (one or two post Disassembled characters would be ok... but NO new members), operating out of the mansion. Classic villains in non-status quo changing forever situations. Just stories of good vs. bad with some character development between the fights. After a year or so, add a second title. Doesn't need to be Avengers West Coast, but a similar idea. A second team, associated with the first, operating out of a different location.
    "What we need is to make the Avengers as garbage as they were before Bendis made them big".

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I think the team needs back to basics with a writer that actually cares about the team and not what crazy ideas he can throw at them next.