Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1105

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'Dr. Strange and his ninja sidekicks' I heard it called, but from what little I saw of it, that didn't even really do it justice, since Dr. Strange was hugely nerfed to 'fit' the story.

The dude who, as a Defender and in his own book, regularly teleported through space, time and dimensions, even to alien worlds (like that of Urthona), often carrying a whole team of Defenders on such jaunts, and once crapping out a magic ring of teleportation like, with a single spell, for Nighthawk *because he was tired of being asked for teleports all the time,* inexplicably could not teleport the Avengers around because... reasons? Reasons apparently being, 'I want to have the Avengers sit around and talk during the Quinjet ride to the mission, and they can't talk, talk, talk if Strange just snaps his fingers and they are in the thick of the action.'

I mean, it's not like the Marvel universe is wanting for magician-types who *can't* teleport an entire team of Avengers around, if that's what you need, narratively. Dr. Druid, Daimon Hellstrom, Jimaine Szardos, Dr. Voodoo, Ananym, Gazelle, they were all available and not terribly busy at the time...
    Bendis generally struggles with cosmic, magic, and the logistics of it all.

Currently rewatching Avengers: EMH season 2 so it's given me the urge to read Bendis' Secret Invasion again. While i love House of M I forgot how much I actually liked Secret Invasion and how fun it was trying to guess who was a Skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Currently rewatching Avengers: EMH season 2 so it's given me the urge to read Bendis' Secret Invasion again. While i love House of M I forgot how much I actually liked Secret Invasion and how fun it was trying to guess who was a Skrull.
    I feel like EMH did Secret Invasion better than the comic did.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't even need to be a mage. The Champions had Pinpoint, and the X-Men of course have Nightcrawler.
    I know, right?! Then someone created limitations for Kurt (For example: how much strain it causes him & his passengers):

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like EMH did Secret Invasion better than the comic did.
    Absolutely agree with you on that note. EMH didn't drag out the storyline and the episode with Cap and the rest of the crew escaping the Skrull ship was a masterpiece. "He's being Captain America" was a line and scene I will always remember.

Ultimate Member

Doesn't even need to be a mage. The Champions had Pinpoint, and the X-Men of course have Nightcrawler.
    Oh, I wasn't even thinking about all the mutant teleporters, there are like, a dozen, at least! (And the presence of Wolverine means that mutants are totally not off-limits!)

Is the current Avengers storyline worth getting into or should I wait for the new writer to come on?

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Is the current Avengers storyline worth getting into or should I wait for the new writer to come on?
    I would honestly advise to wait at this point if you haven't been following the current run.

Just wait for the next writer. The current Avengers reads like a mixture between a reaver dream and a bad fanfic that got published because the writer had dirt on somebody. There’s a lesson here in never allowing Aaron to write with seemingly no restrictions or editorial oversight. It gets bad.

Pinpoint! Yes!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Agree with others who say you should wait.

Ignoring personal taste, we’re at the tail end of a very long run, so you’re likely to get lost in some of the continuity.

Considering personal taste, what I’ve read of this run has been putrid, and I have to believe that the next writer will be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Agree with others who say you should wait.

Ignoring personal taste, we’re at the tail end of a very long run, so you’re likely to get lost in some of the continuity.

Considering personal taste, what I’ve read of this run has been putrid, and I have to believe that the next writer will be an improvement.
    The next writer has to be an improvement because God have mercy on our souls if they are worse. We’re pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel with Aaron.

Who is even left to take over at this point?

Fine. I’ll do it.

Incredible Member

Not sure but it seems like all of Marvel's top tier writers except Cates and Hickman have at least one ongoing book already.

To me it could honestly be anyone and I kinda like that there's no obvious candidate to take over.