Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seems like it.

Hey, this means that Avengers probably relaunches only a month or so after Justice League, assuming JL comes back as soon as Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths finishes.
    it makes me wonder how many issues this final arc will be

I was guessing maybe eight. Alpha, Omega, and three issues each of Avengers and Avengers Forever in between.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    it makes me wonder how many issues this final arc will be
    The standard six issues probably. I can see it going something like:

November 2022 - Avengers Assemble Alpha 1
    December 2022 - Avengers Assemble 1, Avengers Assemble 2
    January 2023 - Avengers Assemble 3, Avengers Assemble 4
    February 2023 - Avengers Assemble 5, Avengers Assemble 6
    March 2023 - Wrap-up + RELAUNCH

That said, when Brevoort said crossover, I'm not sure if he meant that this 'Avengers Assemble' will be its own separate book or if it will alternate issues between Avengers and Avengers Forever like Cates' 'Banner of War' crossover event.

PLEASE let Jim Zub be the new writer!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I really hope it's not Cates.

Tremendous news. I kind of assumed he'd be around through next summer at least, with Avengers vs. Mephistos being the big summer event. Depending who they get (please Ewing or Zub, please dear God), I might finally be able to read Avengers again.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Bye, bye Jason Aaron.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

My unhappiness with the Aaron era aside; Consodering how Gillen’s made good use of it in his Eternals run I do hope the secret history isn’t erased/hand waved as an alternate timeline in the new run

So happy Aaron is FINALLY leaving. I just wish it was sooner than after another “epic” from him. Hope he doesn’t do any more damage on his way out.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've been enjoying Jason Aaron's run but it's clear it was all building to a mega Avengers/Multiversal/Prehistoric saga so I'm happy to see it concluding that way. And Bryan Hitch on art is a wonderful treat! And now the question becomes, who are the creators on the next inevitable relaunch... I think Brevoort has a very good track record of always having high-profile talent working on the Avengers books all the way back from the Busiek/Perez relaunch. Regardless of one's personal taste, Brevoort always delivers on big-name writers and artists and I believe the next relaunch will be no exception. I can definitely see Al Ewing penning Avengers next as his slate seems to be pretty clear with minis concluding as well as his creator-owned series.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    He's staying on Conan when it moves to Titan Comics, and is also taking over Red Sonja for Dynamite. The guy loves his sword and sorcery (he's also written Dungeons and Dragons), he's not going to go for Avengers over those. As good as he is (it's a shame that his run on Uncanny Avengers was only seven issues), I don't think we'll be seeing him on anything but minis at Marvel for a while.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The standard six issues probably. I can see it going something like:

November 2022 - Avengers Assemble Alpha 1
    December 2022 - Avengers Assemble 1, Avengers Assemble 2
    January 2023 - Avengers Assemble 3, Avengers Assemble 4
    February 2023 - Avengers Assemble 5, Avengers Assemble 6
    March 2023 - Wrap-up + RELAUNCH

That said, when Brevoort said crossover, I'm not sure if he meant that this 'Avengers Assemble' will be its own separate book or if it will alternate issues between Avengers and Avengers Forever like Cates' 'Banner of War' crossover event.
    I think there may be a Omega as well so it would look like

Alpha - 1 issue

Avengers - 3 issues

Avengers Forever - 3 issues

Omega - 1 issue

This would be ideal anything longer would be a chore but who knows I mean look at AXE it has like 30 plus issues

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Why is he leaving? Is it that he doesn't think he can come up with any more quality stories?
    This really made me laugh.

Peace

The relaunch should give the third part to the No Surrender and No Road Home storylines, and then proceed to a new team with a new headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The relaunch should give the third part to the No Surrender and No Road Home storylines, and then proceed to a new team with a new headquarters.
    Can't see it happening, unfortunately. It was a collaboration of Waid, Zub and Ewing. Problem is, Zub now seems focused on his swords and sorcery stuff (he's just been announced for both Red Sonja and Conan - his second run on the barbarian as he was doing the ongoing for Marvel and will now relaunch it at Titan), his recent (post-pandemic) Marvel stuff is just minis. And Waid is now at DC, writing World's Finest (which stars Superman, Supergirl, Batman and the Dick Grayson Robin) and Batman vs Robin (the Robin in that being Damian Wayne). So we're more likely to just see something by Al Ewing alone, if he takes over the book.