Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1105

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think this is the biggest reason that it's probably Gillen. Plus the new characters and the spelling variations for their names seem to be more a thing you see with British creators plus he has done similar ideas/plots in his Iron Man run and indie work.
    Maybe, but I'm not sure I see Gillen taking over the main Avengers.

I know he just did a blockbuster Superhero event but it doesn't feel like his speed compared to Eternals or Immortal X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hmm could this mean Jed McKay is relaunching Avengers next year if he's planting seeds in Timeless than will be followed up on in 2023? Much like Jason Aaron created the prehistoric Avengers in Marvel Legacy and then took over the ongoing Avengers book later.
    Yes please, though I’d support a Gillen run as well.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 12-28-2022 at 11:53 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oh very interesting, I'm glad they're doing a revamp of the title.

Also I don't think I've ever seen seen this logo before
    It's a modern update of the 1985-1988 logo, using the font and 3D effect from the Avengers No Surrender logo from 2018.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_256
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_675
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

it not mckay on avengers he has strange moon knight and a few other very cool high profile books for 2023 and figure marvel may want him on amazing after wells leaves later this year.......i think its either cates, or spencer............i know they would have liked ewing but hes got uncanny x-men later this year and the big venom summer of symbiote event. I guess it could be someone we dont expect as i did mention there are a few long time dc creators coming o marvel in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Logo definitely evokes Roger Stern's run. If we get that type of quality I will be one happy man.
    So would I. My favorite Avengers writer.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    it not mckay on avengers he has strange moon knight and a few other very cool high profile books for 2023 and figure marvel may want him on amazing after wells leaves later this year.......i think its either cates, or spencer............i know they would have liked ewing but hes got uncanny x-men later this year and the big venom summer of symbiote event. I guess it could be someone we dont expect as i did mention there are a few long time dc creators coming o marvel in 2023
    Cates seems to be having family issues and I don't see Spencer coming back for an Avengers book after how his ASM run ended.

ASM would be lucky to have Mackay which is probably why that won't happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Expect a retro take. The arrow-A logo is GONE.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...2023-spoilers/
    Like some have said, that's a slightly different take on the 80s logo. It's also, minus the bottom starred line, the logo for the Avengers: United They Stand cartoon from the 90s:

"You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Based on his the green of his suit, I’m assuming Prime is spoilers:
    (a) Loki
    end of spoilers
    I thought so as well at first, but then... that's what most people would assume based on the helmet and the green suit. It just seems too easy. And if it's true, has he actually ever been an actual avenger in any story ever? Shouldn't it come with being called "Avenger Prime"? I mean, I know Marvel likes to slap the word Avengers on everything and everyone these days, but really... that's a bit of a stretch if you ask me

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Mighty Member

Could Wonder Man also return to the Avengers? I mean he got 2 Marvel tales reprints and a FACSIMILE edition which all show about a character who would show up in the next run.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Could Wonder Man also return to the Avengers? I mean he got 2 Marvel tales reprints and a FACSIMILE edition which all show about a character who would show up in the next run.
    Considering there is a series on Disney+ in development, I wouldn't be surprised.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Not to mention he has a Omnibus coming out in 2023 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't really want Cates or Spencer on the book but I guess we'll just have to wait and see who gets the job.

I think the roster probably depends a lot on:

- The story

- Marketing

- The writer

So it's hard to gauge at this point before we know at least who is writing the book.

Although speaking of Wonder Man, Jed Mackay seems like a WCA fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Like some have said, that's a slightly different take on the 80s logo. It's also, minus the bottom starred line, the logo for the Avengers: United They Stand cartoon from the 90s:

Gimme the lineup from that ‘toon please!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't really want Cates or Spencer on the book but I guess we'll just have to wait and see who gets the job.
    I’m a “no” for both these writers as well