Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 818
  1. #631
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    91,482

    Default

    I want to see Vision and Wanda as Avengers again.

  2. #632
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    31,079

    Default

    I'm sure a few names will be editorially mandated. Namely Captain America (either one), Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man (who would presumably be Tony). The rest of the roster depends on the writer though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #633
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure a few names will be editorially mandated. Namely Captain America (either one), Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man (who would presumably be Tony). The rest of the roster depends on the writer though.
    I don't know if Marvel will mandate Tony in the team now that he's dead in the movies and won't appear for probably a long time. Maybe he'll appear if the writer wants to, though.

    I would also hope Marvel would stop this editorially mandating cash-cow characters in the roster- X-men are selling fine without Wolverine there, but I'm not too optimistic.

  4. #634
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Anyway, I don't know if this is better suited for "Your dream pick Avengers roster," but as an Avengers traditionalist, one thing I'd love to see (but I don't think we ever will) is an Avengers run that really deconstructs the "classic Avengers" style by having Cap or someone deliberately try to go back to basics -- the mansion, the meetings, the classic members -- and show why you can't really go back to basics and make things the way they were, and the problems you would run into trying to run the Avengers the old way after all they've been through after Bendis and Hickman and Aaron.

    I admit there was actually a bit of this in the Busiek run already, where Cap was portrayed sometimes as trying to run the team as if none of the members had changed since the Bronze Age, but it wasn't really brought to the forefront. Remender also arguably did a bit of this in "Uncanny Avengers" but like a lot of the ideas he tried out early, it sort of got swallowed up by the Apocalypse Twins storyline and the rushed run-up to AXIS.

  5. #635
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    91,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't know if Marvel will mandate Tony in the team now that he's dead in the movies and won't appear for probably a long time. Maybe he'll appear if the writer wants to, though.

    I would also hope Marvel would stop this editorially mandating cash-cow characters in the roster- X-men are selling fine without Wolverine there, but I'm not too optimistic.
    Iron Man/Tony is still marketable so I don't really see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Anyway, I don't know if this is better suited for "Your dream pick Avengers roster," but as an Avengers traditionalist, one thing I'd love to see (but I don't think we ever will) is an Avengers run that really deconstructs the "classic Avengers" style by having Cap or someone deliberately try to go back to basics -- the mansion, the meetings, the classic members -- and show why you can't really go back to basics and make things the way they were, and the problems you would run into trying to run the Avengers the old way after all they've been through after Bendis and Hickman and Aaron.

    I admit there was actually a bit of this in the Busiek run already, where Cap was portrayed sometimes as trying to run the team as if none of the members had changed since the Bronze Age, but it wasn't really brought to the forefront. Remender also arguably did a bit of this in "Uncanny Avengers" but like a lot of the ideas he tried out early, it sort of got swallowed up by the Apocalypse Twins storyline and the rushed run-up to AXIS.
    But I want them to go back to basics and shows it can still work .

  6. #636
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Iron Man/Tony is still marketable so I don't really see that happening.
    100% agree.
    "Darling, I am the filth." - Devlin Waugh; "There are as many sexualities as there are people." - Last Gender (Rei Taki)

    Bara/Shounen Ai/Yaoi is life.


    Finished reading: Devlin Waugh: Blood Debt; Batman: Last Knight on Earth; Captain Britain by Moore & Davis; The Torch; Invaders Vol. 3; The Punisher Vol. 5; Marvel Horror short anthology; Marvel Firsts: The 1960s & 70s; The Falcon (1983)

    Reading: NM #98 & Deadpool: Suicide Kings

  7. #637
    Extraordinary Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    8,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Anyway, I don't know if this is better suited for "Your dream pick Avengers roster," but as an Avengers traditionalist, one thing I'd love to see (but I don't think we ever will) is an Avengers run that really deconstructs the "classic Avengers" style by having Cap or someone deliberately try to go back to basics -- the mansion, the meetings, the classic members -- and show why you can't really go back to basics and make things the way they were, and the problems you would run into trying to run the Avengers the old way after all they've been through after Bendis and Hickman and Aaron.

    I admit there was actually a bit of this in the Busiek run already, where Cap was portrayed sometimes as trying to run the team as if none of the members had changed since the Bronze Age, but it wasn't really brought to the forefront. Remender also arguably did a bit of this in "Uncanny Avengers" but like a lot of the ideas he tried out early, it sort of got swallowed up by the Apocalypse Twins storyline and the rushed run-up to AXIS.
    Good memory, gurkle! In Avengers #8, Hawkeye decided not to object to Cap's plans (which led to Clint seeking out the T-Bolts):


  8. #638
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    The solicitations for November has "CONCLUSION" for both titles I wonder if Aaron's run will end there and then have Avengers Assemble mini to finish off his run? Similar to King Thor

  9. #639
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Iron Man/Tony is still marketable so I don't really see that happening.
    No one is saying he'll be banned from the team forever, just that maybe editorial won't force him in every roster.

  10. #640
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    31,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The solicitations for November has "CONCLUSION" for both titles I wonder if Aaron's run will end there and then have Avengers Assemble mini to finish off his run? Similar to King Thor
    Also, similar to how the previous Avengers series ended. Waid's Avengers, Zub's Uncanny Avengers (which he'd only taken over from Duggan seven issues before), and Ewing's U.S.Avengers all ended and merged into Avengers No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  11. #641
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, similar to how the previous Avengers series ended. Waid's Avengers, Zub's Uncanny Avengers (which he'd only taken over from Duggan seven issues before), and Ewing's U.S.Avengers all ended and merged into Avengers No Surrender.
    This is exactly what I was thinking

  12. #642
    Astonishing Member Nomads1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brazil
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's too bad the '90s Avengers couldn't take back the Beast as a member. It would have brought over some X-Men readers, and it's not like he was doing such great things in the X-Men line anyway.

    You could tell whenever Bob Harras had Beast show up in Avengers that he really wanted him back as a writer, but he was also X-Men editor and he wouldn't give himself permission to use McCoy on a regular basis. Such was the weirdness of the period when editors were hiring each other as writers.


    "You've aged." LOL. Avengers' Beast alwayas cracked me up in a way X-Men's Beast never could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

    But I want them to go back to basics and shows it can still work .
    Yeah, me too.

    Peace

  13. #643
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    91,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No one is saying he'll be banned from the team forever, just that maybe editorial won't force him in every roster.
    I'm not saying he's always a guarantee, though I'm curious if the next roster will still have the Avengers Trinity (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) in some form or another.

  14. #644
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not saying he's always a guarantee, though I'm curious if the next roster will still have the Avengers Trinity (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) in some form or another.
    Why not try something else like:
    Clint
    Vision
    Wasp
    T'Challa
    Wanda
    Rhodes
    Adam Brashear
    Ant Man
    All the standard types are there and accounted for. Allows for a bit of freshness, while still incorporating old school Avengers.

  15. #645
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    9,891

    Default

    Two questions for the fans here...
    1: How do you feel about the X-Men as a whole? Do you...Love it. Like it. Hate it. Don't care for it?
    2: How do you feel about the current Summer Event with the Avengers included?

    I'm asking because there's a theory that the various fan-bases are so very divided and separate from each other (not my experience) and that Marvel is using that division to their advantage (whatever that may be).
    Krakoa and Planet Arakko...TO BE CONTINUED. FOREVER!!! In Al Ewing I Trust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •