Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I want to see Vision and Wanda as Avengers again.

I'm sure a few names will be editorially mandated. Namely Captain America (either one), Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man (who would presumably be Tony). The rest of the roster depends on the writer though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure a few names will be editorially mandated. Namely Captain America (either one), Captain Marvel (Carol), and Iron Man (who would presumably be Tony). The rest of the roster depends on the writer though.
    I don't know if Marvel will mandate Tony in the team now that he's dead in the movies and won't appear for probably a long time. Maybe he'll appear if the writer wants to, though.

I would also hope Marvel would stop this editorially mandating cash-cow characters in the roster- X-men are selling fine without Wolverine there, but I'm not too optimistic.

Extraordinary Member

Anyway, I don't know if this is better suited for "Your dream pick Avengers roster," but as an Avengers traditionalist, one thing I'd love to see (but I don't think we ever will) is an Avengers run that really deconstructs the "classic Avengers" style by having Cap or someone deliberately try to go back to basics -- the mansion, the meetings, the classic members -- and show why you can't really go back to basics and make things the way they were, and the problems you would run into trying to run the Avengers the old way after all they've been through after Bendis and Hickman and Aaron.

I admit there was actually a bit of this in the Busiek run already, where Cap was portrayed sometimes as trying to run the team as if none of the members had changed since the Bronze Age, but it wasn't really brought to the forefront. Remender also arguably did a bit of this in "Uncanny Avengers" but like a lot of the ideas he tried out early, it sort of got swallowed up by the Apocalypse Twins storyline and the rushed run-up to AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't know if Marvel will mandate Tony in the team now that he's dead in the movies and won't appear for probably a long time. Maybe he'll appear if the writer wants to, though.

I would also hope Marvel would stop this editorially mandating cash-cow characters in the roster- X-men are selling fine without Wolverine there, but I'm not too optimistic.
    Iron Man/Tony is still marketable so I don't really see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Anyway, I don't know if this is better suited for "Your dream pick Avengers roster," but as an Avengers traditionalist, one thing I'd love to see (but I don't think we ever will) is an Avengers run that really deconstructs the "classic Avengers" style by having Cap or someone deliberately try to go back to basics -- the mansion, the meetings, the classic members -- and show why you can't really go back to basics and make things the way they were, and the problems you would run into trying to run the Avengers the old way after all they've been through after Bendis and Hickman and Aaron.

I admit there was actually a bit of this in the Busiek run already, where Cap was portrayed sometimes as trying to run the team as if none of the members had changed since the Bronze Age, but it wasn't really brought to the forefront. Remender also arguably did a bit of this in "Uncanny Avengers" but like a lot of the ideas he tried out early, it sort of got swallowed up by the Apocalypse Twins storyline and the rushed run-up to AXIS.
    But I want them to go back to basics and shows it can still work .

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    100% agree.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Good memory, gurkle! In Avengers #8, Hawkeye decided not to object to Cap's plans (which led to Clint seeking out the T-Bolts):

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The solicitations for November has "CONCLUSION" for both titles I wonder if Aaron's run will end there and then have Avengers Assemble mini to finish off his run? Similar to King Thor

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No one is saying he'll be banned from the team forever, just that maybe editorial won't force him in every roster.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The solicitations for November has "CONCLUSION" for both titles I wonder if Aaron's run will end there and then have Avengers Assemble mini to finish off his run? Similar to King Thor
    Also, similar to how the previous Avengers series ended. Waid's Avengers, Zub's Uncanny Avengers (which he'd only taken over from Duggan seven issues before), and Ewing's U.S.Avengers all ended and merged into Avengers No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, similar to how the previous Avengers series ended. Waid's Avengers, Zub's Uncanny Avengers (which he'd only taken over from Duggan seven issues before), and Ewing's U.S.Avengers all ended and merged into Avengers No Surrender.
    This is exactly what I was thinking

It's too bad the '90s Avengers couldn't take back the Beast as a member. It would have brought over some X-Men readers, and it's not like he was doing such great things in the X-Men line anyway.

You could tell whenever Bob Harras had Beast show up in Avengers that he really wanted him back as a writer, but he was also X-Men editor and he wouldn't give himself permission to use McCoy on a regular basis. Such was the weirdness of the period when editors were hiring each other as writers.

"You've aged." LOL. Avengers' Beast alwayas cracked me up in a way X-Men's Beast never could.

But I want them to go back to basics and shows it can still work .
    Yeah, me too.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No one is saying he'll be banned from the team forever, just that maybe editorial won't force him in every roster.
    I'm not saying he's always a guarantee, though I'm curious if the next roster will still have the Avengers Trinity (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) in some form or another.

I'm not saying he's always a guarantee, though I'm curious if the next roster will still have the Avengers Trinity (Cap, Thor, Iron Man) in some form or another.
    Why not try something else like:
    Clint
    Vision
    Wasp
    T'Challa
    Wanda
    Rhodes
    Adam Brashear
    Ant Man
    All the standard types are there and accounted for. Allows for a bit of freshness, while still incorporating old school Avengers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Two questions for the fans here...
    1: How do you feel about the X-Men as a whole? Do you...Love it. Like it. Hate it. Don't care for it?
    2: How do you feel about the current Summer Event with the Avengers included?

I'm asking because there's a theory that the various fan-bases are so very divided and separate from each other (not my experience) and that Marvel is using that division to their advantage (whatever that may be).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!