Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Hi guys. I usually hide away in the Rumbles forum, but I’m wondering if any of you Avengers experts can help me find something.

Way back in the mists of time, I remember a page in the back of a comic - probably Avengers (likely an annual or milestone issue) or some Avengers/X-Men crossover (but long before AvX) - where Captain America is either assessing the X-Men or just assessing different team leaders.

Cap’s assessment of Cyclops was something like “He doesn’t want to lead - he leads because he thinks he has to, because he’s the one who can.”

Does that ring a bell to anyone? And if so, can anybody find a scan, please?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My Dr Strange : MOM thoughts

spoilers:
    Why was there no Iron Man on the Illuminati when Tony Stark formed them in 1970 after the Kree /Skrull war. And why is the MCU designation Universe now called the 616, when the comics universe was designated the 616? I was impressed with the Black Bolt and Reed Richards characters, but like the the Spider-Man Multiverse movie, not all alternate versions look the same, so Reed Richards could look quite different in Alternate Universes.

Like others, I didn’t like the way Wanda was portrayed as this lunatic. And I felt I came in half way through a movie that already started. Having not see WandaVision, I had no idea what was going on. The last I heard about Wanda was she was in domestic bliss with Vision, and then we jump into this.

I was so glad the Illuminati and Incursions got mentioned, all Bendis and Hickman ideas.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    RDJ has bowed out of the MCU game and it's probably a bit early to cast somebody else as Iron man, even if it's another universe. The MCU being designated 616 is just a reference and what universe 838 calls it. It's not the official designation.

WandaVision did not end with domestic bliss for Wanda, rather she lost everything and was using the Darkhold which has a corruptive influence. So bad stuff happening was always a possibility.
    end of spoilers

Aaron isn't writing the AXE tie-in, so his storyline effectively takes a break. Instead, Mark Russell is writing a story starring Hawkeye and Black Widow.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-hawkeye-f...-judgment-day/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aaron isn't writing the AXE tie-in, so his storyline effectively takes a break. Instead, Mark Russell is writing a story starring Hawkeye and Black Widow.
    How many times does Hawkeye have to justify his existence?

Hopefully Natasha doesn't screw him over for the umpteenth time.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Does this mean Aaron is off and maybe he'll just write Avengers Forever?

*fingers crossed*

Not sure. You can ask the same about Slott on Fantastic Four.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Russel as the regular writer would be a dream. I can't stand Aaron's run.

Oh no. I've just noticed Greg Land is drawing.
    This just makes me certain that the Avengers franchise real problem are the editors. Tom Brevoort can't help hiring the likes of Land and Aaron any chance he gets, no matter the quality of their output.
    Last edited by Factor; 05-13-2022 at 05:18 AM.

how often has there been a permanent outer-space based team? Seems like that would be a backdrop to have some interesting arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how often has there been a permanent outer-space based team? Seems like that would be a backdrop to have some interesting arcs.
    I always wanted a Space Avengers Team where their base was in space but they would check in with Earth-based teams. This space team would have high-power or cosmic characters as members.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always wanted a Space Avengers Team where their base was in space but they would check in with Earth-based teams. This space team would have high-power or cosmic characters as members.
    Me too. The Y2K version was most enjoyable (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. The Y2K version was most enjoyable (IMHO):

Tigra was soooo out of place in this line-up. Busiek later made an outpost manned by Avengers to detect space emergencies. If I'm not mistaken, it was manned by the Living Lightning, Monica Rambeau (then Photon) and Quasar.
    I also remember the short lived team Star Masters, with Quasar, Silver Surfer, Beta-Ray Bill, Gladiatrix and a couple of others. I wish more had been done with them.

Peace

I've made a new resolution that probably won't agree with newer fans. If a character wasn't drawn by George Perez as an Avenger, he's not an Avenger in my book. That's my homage to the man I consider the consummate Avengers artist. You'll always be missed, Mr. Perez.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've made a new resolution that probably won't agree with newer fans. If a character wasn't drawn by George Perez as an Avenger, he's not an Avenger in my book. That's my homage to the man I consider the consummate Avengers artist. You'll always be missed, Mr. Perez.

Peace
    Not sure I agree with that principle, but I respect the respect to Mr. Perez .

Perez had a 90s run (written by Busiek), so basically anyone who joined in Bendis, Hickman, Waid or Aaron's runs, and in any side books that ran with them, is who you're excluding. And it's quite a sizeable list.

Spider-Man (both Peter and Miles). Wolverine (Logan - Laura's never been an actual Avenger, though she was at Avengers Academy at one point). Ms. Marvel (Kamala - he'll have drawn Carol as Warbird). Nova (both Rich and Sam). Jane Foster (Perez might have drawn her, but never as an Avenger, because it wasn't until years later that she became a superhero, she was just the team medic back in the day). Luke Cage. Daredevil. Iron Fist. Even the Hulk counts, as he left in issue 2 back in the 60s and didn't rejoin until Hickman's time (they mandated that the six movie Avengers be included, but he could add anyone else he wanted).

Perez had a 90s run (written by Busiek), so basically anyone who joined in Bendis, Hickman, Waid or Aaron's runs, and in any side books that ran with them, is who you're excluding. And it's quite a sizeable list.

Spider-Man (both Peter and Miles). Wolverine (Logan - Laura's never been an actual Avenger, though she was at Avengers Academy at one point). Ms. Marvel (Kamala - he'll have drawn Carol as Warbird). Nova (both Rich and Sam). Jane Foster (Perez might have drawn her, but never as an Avenger, because it wasn't until years later that she became a superhero, she was just the team medic back in the day). Luke Cage. Daredevil. Iron Fist. Even the Hulk counts, as he left in issue 2 back in the 60s and didn't rejoin until Hickman's time (they mandated that the six movie Avengers be included, but he could add anyone else he wanted).
    Yep. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. Honestly, of those that are left out, the only ones I really feel bad about and deserving are Spider-Woman and Luke Cage, but, I'm fine with it. People always seem to forget that Spider-Man joined the Avengers in the early 300's of volume 1, and George did draw him quite a few times as an Avenger, especially in posters, which, for me, count. Hulk also was drawn quite often by George as an Avenger (the real one, not the multi-colored kind). Don't forget, Perez is such the consummate Avengers artist not only for his spectaculer runs, but also for doing books like Infinity Gauntlet, Avengers/Ultraforce and JLA/Avengers, coupled with a ton of covers, posters and pin-ups. I've always desliked the multiple teams and the eveybody can be an Avengers, mentality, so I guess that's a good cutting point for me.

Peace