Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I love these both so much!

The first one is an expanded group with the WCA members and some FF and Moondragon too, who I am glad to see included.

The second one reminds me of when the Collector was mysteriously abducting various Avengers and allies.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

I had that Treasury Edition as a kid, and the back cover Kirby illustration of the marching Avengers including both Giant-Man and Yellowjacket confused the hell out of me. Always great to see Kirby draw the Avengers, though.
    Whoa! Every character looks great and powerful!

Wasp looks very strong and beautiful, Yellowjacket has huge arms and Moondragon made an appearance!

But was Moondragon even in the issue? Perhaps that should have been Quicksilver since this appears to be early Avengers? Maybe it was an error? After all, Pietro had a green costume back then as well, lol.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

That's from 1975. The stories reprinted in that issue were from 1968-1970, so Moondragon and Beast aren't in the actual stories (Heather didn't exist yet - debuted 1972 - and Hank was still an X-Man). The art shows the then-current roster, which didn't include Quicksilver. Beast and Moondragon in fact had both become regulars in the book just a few issues prior.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...dition_Vol_1_7
    This was the next issue of Avengers published after that Treasury Edition issue: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_141
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's from 1975. The stories reprinted in that issue were from 1968-1970, so Moondragon and Beast aren't in the actual stories (Heather didn't exist yet - debuted 1972 - and Hank was still an X-Man). The art shows the then-current roster, which didn't include Quicksilver. Beast and Moondragon in fact had both become regulars in the book just a few issues prior.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...dition_Vol_1_7
    This was the next issue of Avengers published after that Treasury Edition issue: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_141
    Except.......Giant-Man and Yellowjacket were one and the same, Hank Pym (not Hawkeye), so Giant-Man in red should not have been on the back cover as he was Yellowjacket at that point and, in one of the stories in the book, "Come on in, The Revolution's fine!" did indeed include Quicksilver (Avengers #83) in his new silvery costume. It would have been nice to see Pietro drawn with the team.

I forget, is Jarvis at Avengers Mountain?

Ah, there is no beating George Perez. And great inks by Gene Day.
    Love the little touches like wasp catching the falling cup and beast reading upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget, is Jarvis at Avengers Mountain?
    He's not. He's at the Mansion. The Avengers aren't using it as their HQ right now, but it still needs maintenance.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anybody get or read today's issue of Avengers?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anybody get or read today's issue of Avengers?
    The new Starbrand is now my least favorite character.

LOL. You mind explaining why?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That' quite a statement in a run this bad and with so many crappy characters.

Peace

Why, because spoilers:
    she aged up again?
    end of spoilers

AVENGERS #55
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C) • Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE COMING OF THE NIGHTHAWK
    Last seen during the events of HEROES REBORN, Nighthawk of the Squadron Supreme of America returns to the scene with a dark and mysterious purpose. Is he friend or foe to the Avengers? Nobody’s sure. But there are no such questions about the deadly new incarnation of the Serpent Society!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS FOREVER #5
    JASON AARON (W) • JIM TOWE (A) • COVER BY AARON KUDER
    Spider-Man Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
    THE DOOM OF ALL DOOMS!
    All we know about the leader of the new Multiversal Masters of Evil is that he calls himself Doom Supreme and that universe after universe keeps crumbling before him. But in a multiverse filled with world-conquering versions of Victor Von Doom, what makes this one the Doom Above All?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Avengers versus Serpent Society might be fun, but I'm not going to get high expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    LOL. You mind explaining why?
    She's too ridiculous and unlikeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why, because spoilers:
    she aged up again?
    end of spoilers

AVENGERS #55
    JASON AARON (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A/C) • Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE COMING OF THE NIGHTHAWK
    Last seen during the events of HEROES REBORN, Nighthawk of the Squadron Supreme of America returns to the scene with a dark and mysterious purpose. Is he friend or foe to the Avengers? Nobody’s sure. But there are no such questions about the deadly new incarnation of the Serpent Society!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Avengers versus Serpent Society might be fun, but I'm not going to get high expectations.
    Let's not forget that Cap used to take them out singlehandedly, but now they're gonna take on the WHOLE Avengers. Call me cynical, but I smell shite comming.

Peace

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Issue #52 was passable. Forever #1 was meh.

I can't take this mixing and swapping of characters seriously. Can't wait until Aaron leaves.
    "Cable was right!"