Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss that kind of stuff compared to how they handle the team now. It made them feel more official and like a structured, organized, team compared to now.
    Back when being an Avenger used to mean something. Now Avenger is synonymous with superhero at Marvel. I'd like to see a writer come back in and rebuild the Avengers structure back into a professional and prestigious organization.

BANNED

I wonder if the same reservations regarding Spider Man becoming a avenger who was considered a vigilant and a unknown quantity to the point that he was refused to be inducted even as a reserve when you have Starfox(brother of Thanos and having mind manipulating powers), Justice a convicted murderer and Firestar a former mutant terrorist under Emma become part of the ranks would apply if daredevil were to become an avenger under a more officially recognized regime given his being a unknown quantity himself and his vigilant status.

Extraordinary Member

A criminal record isn't a problem for becoming an Avenger. If anything, it's a qualification. It reminds me of that guy in "Superior Foes of Spider-Man" who noticed that so many of the Avengers were former criminals and terrorists, and decided the best way to get on the team was to start out fighting the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Serpent society? When did they become an Avengers level threat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Let's not forget that Cap used to take them out singlehandedly, but now they're gonna take on the WHOLE Avengers. Call me cynical, but I smell shite comming.
    I mean, this is presumably why the solicits mention 'the deadly new incarnation' of the Serpent Society.

I assume Aaron will add a couple of new members, upgrade the powers of some of the existing members and throw in a wild card like the Serpent Crown or something to make the SS more of a threat.
    An upgraded Serpent Society is a good thing in my opinion, the Avengers need more diversely-motivated supervillain teams in their antagonist roster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    A criminal record isn't a problem for becoming an Avenger. If anything, it's a qualification. It reminds me of that guy in "Superior Foes of Spider-Man" who noticed that so many of the Avengers were former criminals and terrorists, and decided the best way to get on the team was to start out fighting the good guys.
    Then why did they exclude Spider Man specifically when he applied? It's not like he was underage like justice or a Manchurian candidatike swordsman. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    I wonder if the same reservations regarding Spider Man becoming a avenger who was considered a vigilant and a unknown quantity to the point that he was refused to be inducted even as a reserve when you have Starfox(brother of Thanos and having mind manipulating powers), Justice a convicted murderer and Firestar a former mutant terrorist under Emma become part of the ranks would apply if daredevil were to become an avenger under a more officially recognized regime given his being a unknown quantity himself and his vigilant status.
    As far as I know, Spider-Man did become an Avenger long before Bendis came along, and, personally, I never had anything against him being an Avenger, even if an occasional or reserve member. The reason for Spider-Man not being an Avenger is an in-story reason. Spidey is supposed to be the unluckiest hero ever. Like all of us, it's easy for him to feel that nothing ever goes right for him. Being a part of the world's most renowned super-hero team, with all the fame, fortune and perks it brings, doesn't seem to match with the original no-luck hero. As for DD, he always claimed that fighting in large groups confused his radar sense, untill it conviniently didn't anymore.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-25-2022 at 09:54 AM.

As far as I know, Spider-Man did become an Avenger long before Bendis came along, and, personally, I never had anything against him being an Avenger, even if an occasional or reserve member. The reason for Spider-Man not being an Avenger is an in-story reason. Spidey is supposed to be the unluckiest hero ever. Like all of us, it's easy for him to feel that nothing ever goes right for him. Being a part of the world's most renowned super-hero team in world, with all the fame, fortune and perks it brings, doesn't seem to match with the original no-luck hero. As for DD, he always claimed that fighting in large groups confused his radar sense, untill it conviniently didn't anymore.

Peace
    I think another thing is just that Spidey isn't really a team-guy.

Incredible Member

As far as I know, Spider-Man did become an Avenger long before Bendis came along, and, personally, I never had anything against him being an Avenger, even if an occasional or reserve member. The reason for Spider-Man not being an Avenger is an in-story reason. Spidey is supposed to be the unluckiest hero ever. Like all of us, it's easy for him to feel that nothing ever goes right for him. Being a part of the world's most renowned super-hero team, with all the fame, fortune and perks it brings, doesn't seem to match with the original no-luck hero. As for DD, he always claimed that fighting in large groups confused his radar sense, untill it conviniently didn't anymore.

Peace
    This is exactly right. Peter was always more interesting when he was worried about paying the rent or helping Aunt May out. A regular kid who happens to have super powers. It's hard to be worried about this stuff when you're on a team with gods and billionaires. Just like Wolverine wasn't a great fit for the team. Whatever happened to the Avengers no kill rule? This used to be paramount. There was that whole huge storyline in West Coast Avengers about some of the team wanting to kill Phantom Rider. It nearly split the team up. Wolverine's kill count is astronomical. He just doesn't belong. I much preferred the team when it had a bunch of B listers joining with the big three.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good theory. I'd Like your post if this forum had that function (CBR should really upgrade the forum software).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    CBR shows its age when there's a limit of PMs one can have.

Still baffled at the 3 pictures limit per post too, and emotes count as pictures...
    No way! At least until the Pandemic is over, I don't want my favourites pages to be upgraded, mainly because some people (included me) don't have the luxury to buy a more advanced computer because money can't be wasted nowadays and in my country, right now, the Pandemic is once again out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Which version of Nighthawk is this?
    The one from the recent Heroes Reborn event. He and Hyperion are still on the loose, but Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum, and Blur are in custody.
    Indeed, the Nighthawk from the Squadron Supreme who are actually Simulacrums created by Mephisto and programmed by the USA Goverment to act as replacements of the Avengers as USA's main superhero team.

They were naver heroes, actually, not even in the "Heroes Reborn" reality. Many think they were much efficient than the Avengers, but that was a stinking lie. They never actually kept the world safe, they merely were doing Mephisto's dirty work and get rid of the competition. That means, eliminate any threat to Mephisto's power in the world. Doctor Doom was a personal enemy for Mephisto, so it was Thanos. They blinded Uatu so he couldn't discover the secret of Coulson and the Squadron, and they didn't stop Mangog until AFTER he destroyed Asgard and all the Gods, except Thor. Many heroes who found a place in the Avengers as heroes were turned into villains: Tigra (turned into Cheetah), Wasp (turned into a "Giganta"), Hawkeye, Scott Lang, Natasha Romanoff... etc. They even ruined the relationship between Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, erasing the existence of their daughter Dani of the world.

So... No! This Squadron Supreme were never heroes, just weapons used by the Devil against the World's Greatest heroes.

Only Nighthawk returning means that maybe the rest of squadron is dead at power Princess hands? She did kill Whizzer IIRC in 50 and Hyperion was being brainwashed by Mephisto or Red Widow or something.
    For a refresh of the situation after "Heroes Reborn": Whizzer, Doctor Spectrum and Power Princess were under custody; Hyperion went to unknown parts and Nighthawk started a new mission to restore the world as it was in "Heroes Reborn". Nighthawk's first attempt was trying to locate the Infinity Stone's hosts and use their power to change reality. He fought Nick Fury and Black Cat during the "Infinity Score". He failed, and it seemed Star was going to kill him the last time we saw him, no such luck.

Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum and Whizzer reappeared right after the "War World She-Hulk" arc, apparently working for the USA's Goverment once more. Curiously, however, Doctor Spectrum's Power Prism was restored somehow, even although Starbrand destroyed in the "Heroes Reborn" world and stayed that way when reality was restored. Leaving Doctor Spectrum as a crying baby over it. How it was restored then? No idea.

Anyway, they appeared to arrest Red Widow, but surprisingly, Power Princess killed Doctor Spectrum and took his Power Prism for herself. (But if the Power Prism was restored, how can we be sure Doctor Spectrum is dead again). Anyway, according to Power Princess, it seems the Squadron's brainwashing has fallen appart and they are no longer puppets of the USA's Goverment or Mephisto. (Maybe not the Goverment, but I doubt they are really free of Mephisto's influence). Anyway, it seems their "mission" was to arrest Red Widow because Hyperion ask her to undo the brainwashing of the USA's Goverment on him. It seems Power Princess allowed the Red Widow to continue.

So, if the Squadron Supreme bands togather again, it will definitely be bad for the Avengers. However, we have seen that between the Masters of Evil, there's one villain from the "Heroes Reborn": Black Skull, a mash-up between Red Skull and Venom. Considering this, the Squadron MIGHT have a reason to work with the Avengers; not for the greater good, of course, but because Black Skull could be the key for this Squadron to return to the world they want to return.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 01-25-2022 at 05:47 PM.

As far as I know, Spider-Man did become an Avenger long before Bendis came along, and, personally, I never had anything against him being an Avenger, even if an occasional or reserve member.
    Yup spidey joined as a full member in the nebula arc. He was a full time avengers BEFORE he joined as a reserve member for three issues. Marvels excuse to get rid of him was his jokes were "throwing the team off". But hawkeys jokes were fine for decades.

I think another thing is just that Spidey isn't really a team-guy
    Spidey has teamed up with over 100 issues of heroes in team up.

Plus spideys teams he was in--

Avengers
    fantastic four
    future foundation
    defenders
    secret defenders
    outlaws
    x-men teacher
    clone joined new warriors
    Spider-verse team
    heroes for hire
    accidently created the misfits

The one from the recent Heroes Reborn event. He and Hyperion are still on the loose, but Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum, and Blur are in custody.
    Not anymore. As of Avengers #50, Power Princess, Blur and Doctor Spectum somehow are out of custody with no explanation, Power Princess killed Doctor Spectrum and she and Blur seem to have joined up with Red Widow who somehow inexplicably captured Hyperion and is brainwashing him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not anymore. As of Avengers #50, Power Princess, Blur and Doctor Spectum somehow are out of custody with no explanation, Power Princess killed Doctor Spectrum and she and Blur seem to have joined up with Red Widow who somehow inexplicably captured Hyperion and is brainwashing him.
    That's what I said! Well, almost. Power Princess, Blur and Doctor Spectrum seemed to keep working for the USA's Goverment, but then it was revealed their brainwashing is gone are they are no longer puppets of the Goverment or Mephisto. (I don't think so about Mephisto, though). What it has no explanation is how Doctor Spectrum's Power Prism was restored when StarBrand destroyed it. As for Hyperion, he wasn't captured by the Red Widow, it seems he came to her voluntarily and asked her to undo the brainwashing did to him by the USA's Goverment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spidey has teamed up with over 100 issues of heroes in team up.

Plus spideys teams he was in--

Avengers
    fantastic four
    future foundation
    defenders
    secret defenders
    outlaws
    x-men teacher
    clone joined new warriors
    Spider-verse team
    heroes for hire
    accidently created the misfits
    He's a good team-up guy, but the amount of time he has actually been used well in team settings can be counted on one hand in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No way! At least until the Pandemic is over, I don't want my favourites pages to be upgraded, mainly because some people (included me) don't have the luxury to buy a more advanced computer because money can't be wasted nowadays and in my country, right now, the Pandemic is once again out of control.

Indeed, the Nighthawk from the Squadron Supreme who are actually Simulacrums created by Mephisto and programmed by the USA Goverment to act as replacements of the Avengers as USA's main superhero team.

They were naver heroes, actually, not even in the "Heroes Reborn" reality. Many think they were much efficient than the Avengers, but that was a stinking lie. They never actually kept the world safe, they merely were doing Mephisto's dirty work and get rid of the competition. That means, eliminate any threat to Mephisto's power in the world. Doctor Doom was a personal enemy for Mephisto, so it was Thanos. They blinded Uatu so he couldn't discover the secret of Coulson and the Squadron, and they didn't stop Mangog until AFTER he destroyed Asgard and all the Gods, except Thor. Many heroes who found a place in the Avengers as heroes were turned into villains: Tigra (turned into Cheetah), Wasp (turned into a "Giganta"), Hawkeye, Scott Lang, Natasha Romanoff... etc. They even ruined the relationship between Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, erasing the existence of their daughter Dani of the world.

So... No! This Squadron Supreme were never heroes, just weapons used by the Devil against the World's Greatest heroes.

For a refresh of the situation after "Heroes Reborn": Whizzer, Doctor Spectrum and Power Princess were under custody; Hyperion went to unknown parts and Nighthawk started a new mission to restore the world as it was in "Heroes Reborn". Nighthawk's first attempt was trying to locate the Infinity Stone's hosts and use their power to change reality. He fought Nick Fury and Black Cat during the "Infinity Score". He failed, and it seemed Star was going to kill him the last time we saw him, no such luck.

Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum and Whizzer reappeared right after the "War World She-Hulk" arc, apparently working for the USA's Goverment once more. Curiously, however, Doctor Spectrum's Power Prism was restored somehow, even although Starbrand destroyed in the "Heroes Reborn" world and stayed that way when reality was restored. Leaving Doctor Spectrum as a crying baby over it. How it was restored then? No idea.

Anyway, they appeared to arrest Red Widow, but surprisingly, Power Princess killed Doctor Spectrum and took his Power Prism for herself. (But if the Power Prism was restored, how can we be sure Doctor Spectrum is dead again). Anyway, according to Power Princess, it seems the Squadron's brainwashing has fallen appart and they are no longer puppets of the USA's Goverment or Mephisto. (Maybe not the Goverment, but I doubt they are really free of Mephisto's influence). Anyway, it seems their "mission" was to arrest Red Widow because Hyperion ask her to undo the brainwashing of the USA's Goverment on him. It seems Power Princess allowed the Red Widow to continue.

So, if the Squadron Supreme bands togather again, it will definitely be bad for the Avengers. However, we have seen that between the Masters of Evil, there's one villain from the "Heroes Reborn": Black Skull, a mash-up between Red Skull and Venom. Considering this, the Squadron MIGHT have a reason to work with the Avengers; not for the greater good, of course, but because Black Skull could be the key for this Squadron to return to the world they want to return.
    Ah good refresher. Then again Starbrand will probably make all the foreigners alien to the reality go crying away as she kicks their asses. Lol

Astonishing Member

Ah good refresher. Then again Starbrand will probably make all the foreigners alien to the reality go crying away as she kicks their asses. Lol
    Better don't push the luck. Starbrand was lucky once, but I wouldn't count to have the same results against the Squadron a second time. Besides, remember, one of the Squadron Members is based on Batman; and the stinking Bat is always prepared for anything, except to put an end to the Joker by killing him.