Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yup spidey joined as a full member in the nebula arc. He was a full time avengers BEFORE he joined as a reserve member for three issues. Marvels excuse to get rid of him was his jokes were "throwing the team off". But hawkeys jokes were fine for decades.
    LOL! Don't forget about The Beast (XD)

He's a good team-up guy, but the amount of time he has actually been used well in team settings can be counted on one hand in my opinion.
    Well he did defeat thanos by outsmarting him when the avengers, the thing and silver surfer couldn't. Thanos didn't see spidey as a threat and turned his back to him and it led to his death when spidey brings in warlock for the kill from the soul gem!

LOL! Don't forget about The Beast (XD)
    Yup it was a bad wrote excuse to get rid of spidey. Same as reed "didn't tell cap his plan" when hawkeye, quicksilver and iron man never do half the time. It made cap look like a jerk. (plus reed just saved the city from nova prime!)

They were kicking reed and sue out of the book and needed a excuse. (also i kind of miss the spikey thing look from the late 80s.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-26-2022 at 05:32 AM.

Yup it was a bad wrote excuse to get rid of spidey. Same as reed "didn't tell cap his plan" when hawkeye, quicksilver and iron man never do half the time. It made cap look like a jerk. (plus reed just saved the city from nova prime!)

They were kicking reed and sue out of the book and needed a excuse. (also i kind of miss the spikey thing look from the late 80s.)

[IMG][/IMG]
    I actually was curious to see how Simonson would have handled his New Avengers (sorry Bendis, but Simonson did Disassembled and New Avengers years before you did, and, IMHO, he did it much better), losely based on the original. A fill-in team came up with the tension between Cap and Reed. I'm not sure Simonson would have gone down this path, and, even if he did, perhaps he'd have handled it better. Another thing, did Simonson intend to give Reed and Sue their own Avengers costumes? And what about Gilgamesh? What plans did he have for him? Sadly, editorial wanted Reed and Sue back with the FF and so, the team lasted for about 5 issues (four of them done by fill-in creative teams). IMHO, a shame.

Peace

Right the fall of the avengers. Marvel wanted monica injured and removed from the book, cap back as leader and dr droid to turn evil right?

[IMG][/IMG]

Well he did defeat thanos by outsmarting him when the avengers, the thing and silver surfer couldn't. Thanos didn't see spidey as a threat and turned his back to him and it led to his death when spidey brings in warlock for the kill from the soul gem!
    Truly EPIC & definitely a CLASSIC!
    (also i kind of miss the spikey thing look from the late 80s.)
    Me too. My preference would be the Simonson/'90s version, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-05-2022 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

Unfortunately, BAD NEWS! I heard Jason Aaron is writing the Avengers Forever run so that he could set up a big event coming 2023. Which also make the 60th Anniversary of the founding Avengers. Poor fans, it look like we are going the celebrate the team anniversary with a shitty event/bad writing I don't want to know about it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Unfortunately, BAD NEWS! I heard Jason Aaron is writing the Avengers Forever run so that he could set up a big event coming 2023. Which also make the 60th Anniversary of the founding Avengers. Poor fans, it look like we are going the celebrate the team anniversary with a shitty event/bad writing I don't want to know about it.
    Say it ain't so!

But I do wonder if he will only write Avengers Forever and the main title will go to Gillen (for the love of the Gods please let it be so)?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Say it ain't so!

But I do wonder if he will only write Avengers Forever and the main title will go to Gillen (for the love of the Gods please let it be so)?
    If Gillen gets the main title I could only imagine it's for Judgement Day rather than him being an ongoing Avengers writer.

I stopped reading Aaron's run before the Heroes Reborn mini, so I have a quick question. What issue did the Star Brand kid become a toddler and when did she grow older again (I think I saw that she grew older)? Thanks.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Gillen gets the main title I could only imagine it's for Judgement Day rather than him being an ongoing Avengers writer.
    Or do you think he will get an Avengers mini?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Bruh.
    bf4.jpg
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Or do you think he will get an Avengers mini?
    If it involves the Eternals, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I stopped reading Aaron's run before the Heroes Reborn mini, so I have a quick question. What issue did the Star Brand kid become a toddler and when did she grow older again (I think I saw that she grew older)? Thanks.
    The new Starbrand (Brandy Selby) first appeared as a baby in Avengers (Vol 8) 30.

She got pulled into the Mephisto pocket universe in Heroes Reborn Vol 2 (she appears in Heroes Reborn 4 and Heroes Reborn 7), where she aged into a toddler.

In Heroes Return 1, the pocket universe collapses and she returns to Earth-616, but remains as a toddler (she did not revert back to a baby).

In Avengers (Vol 8) 52, she overextended her powers while fighting the Ghost Goblin and aged from a toddler into a teenager.

BANNED

Looks like there is another candidate for being the prime avenger. Honestly seems like a coin toss between her and ghostie.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The new Starbrand (Brandy Selby) first appeared as a baby in Avengers (Vol 8) 30.

She got pulled into the Mephisto pocket universe in Heroes Reborn Vol 2 (she appears in Heroes Reborn 4 and Heroes Reborn 7), where she aged into a toddler.

In Heroes Return 1, the pocket universe collapses and she returns to Earth-616, but remains as a toddler (she did not revert back to a baby).

In Avengers (Vol 8) 52, she overextended her powers while fighting the Ghost Goblin and aged from a toddler into a teenager.
    Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out a timeline for Iron Man right now. He was in space during the Hellfire Gala (according to SWORD and GotG), but he also attended the gala. He's been there since and only just returned this week. Starkid was there when he returned as a toddler. That implies to me that the Helfire Gala was after the Heroes Reborn event (and my head cannon is that the Iron Man at the Gala was a remote suit controlled by Tony from space before his actual conflict with Korvac).

I wish editors paid more attention these days.