Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Starbrand looked like a teenager there to me. Also, you need to take Spider-Man into account. The latest issue of Iron Man acknowledged the Beyond stuff and thus wrote Ben and Misty out, when Ben had been appearing in Iron Man as Scarlet Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Then why did they exclude Spider Man specifically when he applied? It's not like he was underage like justice or a Manchurian candidatike swordsman. Lol
    Justice? Don't you mean Rage? They apparently changed their entry policy later, as Justice and Firestar moved to the Avengers from the New Warriors - and much later, Waid's team also had several teenagers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Starbrand looked like a teenager there to me. Also, you need to take Spider-Man into account. The latest issue of Iron Man acknowledged the Beyond stuff and thus wrote Ben and Misty out, when Ben had been appearing in Iron Man as Scarlet Spider.
    She was definitely a toddler, or at least a young kid. Not a teen. In one panel she was half as tall as Black Panther.

With Ben Reilly and Misty Knight heading over to ASM, that helps with that particular part of the puzzle.

The other one that doesn't make sense is Human Torch. He was unable to turn off his flame in the FF arc about Doom's wedding, which was referred to by Storm in SWORD. So it had to take place before the Gala, but Johnny was seen at the Gala with his flame off.

BANNED

Justice? Don't you mean Rage? They apparently changed their entry policy later, as Justice and Firestar moved to the Avengers from the New Warriors - and much later, Waid's team also had several teenagers.
    Yeah, yeah I meant to say rage and Manchurian candidate instead of "candidatike" but I just was too lazy to edit it due to the connection being slow. Thought no one would notice it or bother noting so but guess you proved me wrong.

I'l give you Waid's All-New, All-Different Avengers, but both, Justice and Firestar were over 18 when they joined. Both were already of college age, though I'm not sure if they actually WERE in college at the time. The truth is, the Avengers charter was scrapped after Bendis disassembled them and reformed them as the New Avengers. After that, I don't think the charter ever came into play again.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'l give you Waid's All-New, All-Different Avengers, but both, Justice and Firestar were over 18 when they joined. Both were already of college age, though I'm not sure if they actually WERE in college at the time. The truth is, the Avengers charter was scrapped after Bendis disassembled them and reformed them as the New Avengers. After that, I don't think the charter ever came into play again.

Peace
    And the rules for the team became...whatever they feel like at the time .

How many Avengers titles should there be? Right now, we have Savage Avengers which is really a Conan team-up book and an Avengers book in name only, not really featuring any characters that would be classic Avengers. There's Jason Aaron's all-time bad Avengers run. There are so many unused characters because Aaron's Avengers is mostly heroes that already have/will have ongoing books (Captain America, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Thor). Avengers Forever is a thing, but it's alternate realities and also by Jason Aaron, so it's gonna be ****. Characters like Wasp, Vision, Hank Pym, Hawkeye, Hercules, Spectrum, Scarlet Witch, etc. don't have their own books and aren't in the Avengers right now. The X-Men have a large number of characters associated with them and have a lot of spin-off books to accommodate them. With the amount of Avengers-centric characters that are pushed to the side right now, there could easily be more Avengers books.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Fantastic Member

They could easily have Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers and Secret/WC/Dark/World/Force and Young Avengers as well as Avengers Academy/Initiative and bring back a lot of the initiative characters and other young heroes from those periods of time
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 02-04-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    How many Avengers titles should there be? Right now, we have Savage Avengers which is really a Conan team-up book and an Avengers book in name only, not really featuring any characters that would be classic Avengers. There's Jason Aaron's all-time bad Avengers run. There are so many unused characters because Aaron's Avengers is mostly heroes that already have/will have ongoing books (Captain America, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Thor). Avengers Forever is a thing, but it's alternate realities and also by Jason Aaron, so it's gonna be ****. Characters like Wasp, Vision, Hank Pym, Hawkeye, Hercules, Spectrum, Scarlet Witch, etc. don't have their own books and aren't in the Avengers right now. The X-Men have a large number of characters associated with them and have a lot of spin-off books to accommodate them. With the amount of Avengers-centric characters that are pushed to the side right now, there could easily be more Avengers books.
    The new writer of Savage said that the new series is going to have a solid roster and not change like the previous run.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

what happened to the Grandmaster's daughter who had joined the team briefly and tricked folks into thinking she was a founding member?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Va_Ne...0the%20process.

Is there going to be a permanent space team? she could be part of it. The "Guardians" shouldn't be the only space hero team out there.
    Monica Rambeau should also be part of it. I'd also be open to the female Dr. Spectrum who showed up during the Incursions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to the Grandmaster's daughter who had joined the team briefly and tricked folks into thinking she was a founding member?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Va_Ne...0the%20process.

Is there going to be a permanent space team? she could be part of it. The "Guardians" shouldn't be the only space hero team out there.
    Monica Rambeau should also be part of it. I'd also be open to the female Dr. Spectrum who showed up during the Incursions.
    Voyager won't be seen until Aaron is gone from the Avengers. I'm hoping Ewing, Zub and Waid do another sequel of their Avengers: No Surrender and No Road Home with some sidelined Avengers characters: Monica, Blue Marvel, Voyager, Toni Ho & POD-2, Squadron from separate universes, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Quicksilver, etc...

Though I'm one of the biggest WCA fans ever, I really don't like multiple Avengers teams. IMHO, it takes away the specialness of being an Avenger. I came from a time when it meant something. The way a see it, there are two options for having two Avengers books. The first, is you have a large team, like 12 to 15 members, and you get two books, perhaps Avengers and Mighty Avengers, to foccus on the adventures of smaller squads of the larger team dealing with different missions (that was how, in my head, I always justified WCA. A large team split into two, each covering one of the coasts of the U.S. ). The smaller teams would not be regular squads (like the old X-Men blue and gold teams were supposed to be), and would be formed according to suitability to the missions paramaters. That would allow for a greater mix of interactions between the members, and once a year, you could have a multi-parter cross-over mega adventure reuniting the whole team. My second approach (and the approaches are not mutually exclusive, mind you) would be to have two smaller teams (perhaps 8 or 9 members each), one being the oficial Avengers team, based, let's say, on the mansion, and dealing with Earthly crises, and the second being aa away-team assigned to a specifc mission, probably in outer space, or in another dimension, time-period, whatever. The second book could be like a series of maxi-series, in which a missions ends, some members are rotated, and a new mission starts. But the missions of this second book would have to be cautiously picked as to be really epic and multi-layered in scope (sort of like, a simple heist in Dr. Doom's castle would not suffice). Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing Solo Avengers (or Avengers Spotlight) return.

Peace

I think there should be three teams. East is main. Second is west coast or maybe a team in space for off planet missions and great lakes.

I agree about not liking 5 or 6 teams. The x-men did that in the 90s also and ended up with so many members you had trouble keeping track of them.

Also i agree a solo avengers/ avengers spotlight focusing on a single past avenger per issue would be great.

I think at the most there should be 2-3 official teams.

Yeah, I think they should add at least two more Avengers books. One for the unused classic members like Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Spectrum, and the other for the Young Avengers. I'd say three, but I can't see Uncanny Avengers returning as long as the X-Men are on Krakoa.

Hercules, by the way, is actually currently on a team, they just don't currently have a book: Guardians of the Galaxy. The Guardians and the Champions both stayed together after their books ended. Only a matter of time before both come back, I reckon.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-05-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Though I'm one of the biggest WCA fans ever, I really don't like multiple Avengers teams. IMHO, it takes away the specialness of being an Avenger. I came from a time when it meant something. The way a see it, there are two options for having two Avengers books. The first, is you have a large team, like 12 to 15 members, and you get two books, perhaps Avengers and Mighty Avengers, to foccus on the adventures of smaller squads of the larger team dealing with different missions (that was how, in my head, I always justified WCA. A large team split into two, each covering one of the coasts of the U.S. ). The smaller teams would not be regular squads (like the old X-Men blue and gold teams were supposed to be), and would be formed according to suitability to the missions paramaters. That would allow for a greater mix of interactions between the members, and once a year, you could have a multi-parter cross-over mega adventure reuniting the whole team. My second approach (and the approaches are not mutually exclusive, mind you) would be to have two smaller teams (perhaps 8 or 9 members each), one being the oficial Avengers team, based, let's say, on the mansion, and dealing with Earthly crises, and the second being aa away-team assigned to a specifc mission, probably in outer space, or in another dimension, time-period, whatever. The second book could be like a series of maxi-series, in which a missions ends, some members are rotated, and a new mission starts. But the missions of this second book would have to be cautiously picked as to be really epic and multi-layered in scope (sort of like, a simple heist in Dr. Doom's castle would not suffice). Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing Solo Avengers (or Avengers Spotlight) return.

Peace
    Bringing back Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight
    might placate a huge segment of the audience who've been clamoring for more classic members on the roster.
    Plus, this could also be a showcase/try-out for up-and-coming talent:

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-05-2022 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.