Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I think they should add at least two more Avengers books. One for the unused classic members like Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Spectrum, and the other for the Young Avengers.
    Agreed. A West Coast and East Coast team, and then a Young Avengers team, could be ideal (or a Earth based team and a space based team? Or even one based in Wakanda and led by Tchalla?). Have room for all sorts of classic members like Cap, Tony and Thor, but also T'challa, Janet, Wanda, Vision, Simon, Jennifer, etc. and maybe some less-seen lights like Black Knight, Spectrum, Songbird, etc.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out a timeline for Iron Man right now. He was in space during the Hellfire Gala (according to SWORD and GotG), but he also attended the gala. He's been there since and only just returned this week. Starkid was there when he returned as a toddler. That implies to me that the Helfire Gala was after the Heroes Reborn event (and my head cannon is that the Iron Man at the Gala was a remote suit controlled by Tony from space before his actual conflict with Korvac).

I wish editors paid more attention these days.
    There's no timeline for Iron Man.
    "Cable was right!"

hahah i don't know what happened before this latest issue but Kid thanos and doom gave me all the energy i need this morning. LMAO. Doom just don't GAF and sometimes you just got to love/hate him for it. LOL

i think i will get the trade when it comes out. the art was great too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Finally got through the Heroes Reborn TPB last week (and I've had the book on my bedside table for over two months). What a terrible waste of characters. Really, I've always considerered Aaron a pretentious writer. He thinks he is MUCH MORE cleaver than he really is, and he is clearly in love with himself and his work. As a result, he writes a lot of unlikeable characters thinking he is being smart and funny. He's not. I've always LOVED the Squadron Supreme. This, was not it. Terrible, really terrible. Not even the art was all that great. One of the reasons I took so long to finish, was that I couldn't force myself to read that horrible Dr. Spectrum issue. Not so bad, but the Nighthawk issue was also not much to my liking (though I do think it fit more with the character with it's dark and gritty tones, than that LSD psycodelic art with Doc Spectrum's).

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 02-09-2022 at 11:50 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Was pleasantly surprised how much I’ve enjoyed this issue, and arc. Aaron’s still overstayed his welcome, but I’m hoping his last few arcs are as good as this, and the She-Hulk arc was.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Was pleasantly surprised how much I’ve enjoyed this issue, and arc. Aaron’s still overstayed his welcome, but I’m hoping his last few arcs are as good as this, and the She-Hulk arc was.
    We are in agreement here. I still think they should get another writer on here, but between WWSH and this one. I’m enjoying Avengers right now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    We are in agreement here. I still think they should get another writer on here, but between WWSH and this one. I’m enjoying Avengers right now.
    I’d love to see Ram V come on board to co-write/take over. I don’t think I’ve read a bad comic from him.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

The artwork on this issue was stunning.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Did Aaron seriously just attack Jane with cancer after he was the one who gave her cancer in the first place? Jeez, if these characters were aware of our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Did Aaron seriously just attack Jane with cancer after he was the one who gave her cancer in the first place? Jeez, if these characters were aware of our world.
    ...Wait, what .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Wait, what .
    Doctor Doom used his magic to reverse Jane’s remission status.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

What?!?!?!?! That's sick on the most deplorable levels.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

...Even by Doom standards that's a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. A West Coast and East Coast team, and then a Young Avengers team, could be ideal (or a Earth based team and a space based team? Or even one based in Wakanda and led by Tchalla?). Have room for all sorts of classic members like Cap, Tony and Thor, but also T'challa, Janet, Wanda, Vision, Simon, Jennifer, etc. and maybe some less-seen lights like Black Knight, Spectrum, Songbird, etc.
    I'm all in for a legit Avengers West Coast team. Honestly, I'd like to see more Marvel characters end up on the West coast, preferably Los Angeles. I'll always be true to NYC, but it cannot be the sole location for every hero in the MU. I'd like to see Los Angeles built up as another superhero heavy city, and an Avengers West Coast team could spearhead that.

For me, Aaron's Avengers run has had good, creative ideas. Their execution is what could be better. I'm still on the fence with Moon Knight besting King Thor here. Again, power levels and history should be consistent.

However, ever since issue #50 I've really enjoyed Aaron's stories. The creativity is creative in an unexpected and fun way. Plus, we see the Avengers in the best kind of situation, when the odds are against them and they're them under attack from big, ugly nasty foes. Somehow they'll pull through. I'm interested in seeing how.

I'm still chuckling after Namor punched out Kid Thanos:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

What?!?!?!?! That's sick on the most deplorable levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Even by Doom standards that's a bit much.
    Agreed. This is something that definitely struck me as wrong. No Doom, regardless of which universe he came from, would do such a heinous thing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: