Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Jason Aaron and Javier Garrón introduce History’s Mightiest Heroes in AVENGERS #57! The Avengers are lost in time, and if they’re going to stop Mephisto’s grand plan, they’ll need help from some of history’s greatest heroes, whose stories have never been told. Like the mystical man of war, Sgt. Szardos, Soldier Supreme of World War II, and his squadron of supernatural grunts, the Secret Invaders.

AVENGERS #57
    Written by JASON AARON
    Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
    On Sale 6/22
    The Avengers are lost in time, eh? It looks like we are approaching the endgame of Aaron's run on Avengers.

Back in Avengers (Vol 8) 20, Daredevil, at that time empowered by Hofund, delivered a prophecy to She-Hulk:
    The Celestials are still watching you. They powered you up for a reason. For war. But not this war. Or the wars yet to come. Through the hell race and the drawing of the heralds. The sea trials and the fury of Khonshu. The red rise of America's mightiest heroes. Through it all your gamma will burn brighter. And you will know when it's time to explode. When you come to the war beyond whens. The war you've already lost.

Jason Aaron normally uses prophecies or future visions to foreshadow the plans for his books.
    Most of these have already come to pass:

they powered you up for a reason - The Final Host (Avengers 1-6)
    but not this war - War of the Realms (War of the Realms 1-6 + Avengers 18-20)
    through the hell race - Challenge of the Ghost Riders (Avengers 21-25)
    the drawing of the heralds - Starbrand Reborn (Avengers 27-30)
    the fury of Khonshu - The Age of Khonshu (Avengers 33-37)
    the sea trials - Enter the Phoenix (Avengers 40-44)
    the red rise of America's mightiest heroes - Heroes Reborn (Heroes Reborn 1-7 + Heroes Return 1)
    you will know when it's time to explode - World War She-Hulk (Avengers 46-50)

So what's left?
    'the war beyond whens' and 'the war you've already lost'

These are probably the same thing - the Avengers going back in time to meet the previous iterations of the Avengers.

All of this is building up to a big Avengers vs Mephisto event, probably in Summer 2023, which is when Aaron will end his Avengers run.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I'd normally agree with you - Aaron doesn't care about the solo books, which is for the best to be honest, you can't have your cast members constantly leaving and entering your book due to outside factors.

On the other hand, T'Challa seems completely absent from A.X.E: Judgment Day.
    If you look at the covers and promo art released so far - all of them have the leaders of the X-Men (Jean Grey and Cyclops), some Quiet Council members, the main Eternals (Ikaris, Sersi, Thena, Druig) and the Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Captain Marvel). But no Black Panther.
    It is odd for the leader of the Avengers to be missing (or to have a very small role) in an Avengers event.

Also the thing is, while Aaron was ignoring Coates, Coates was also ignoring Aaron - T'Challa never mentioned being part of the Avengers during Coates' run.
    (There was also some indication that Coates' entire run took place around Secret Empire - before Aaron's run began.)
    On the other hand, Ridley's run does acknowledge Avengers, T'Challa is shown leading an Avengers mission at the beginning of issue 1.
    Issue 1 also foreshadowed a Captain America / Black Panther fight over Avengers leadership coming down the line.
    There is also the matter of Timeless, which teased a new Black Panther (quite possibly Shuri with her white hair back?) coming later this year.

Putting all of this together, my current theory is that at some point later this year in Ridley's Black Panther, T'Challa will fake his death and go into hiding to escape his enemies (whoever they might be).
    Shuri takes up the mantle to cover for him in Wakanda.
    Since he is in hiding, T'Challa brings Nighthawk into the Avengers fold to act as his proxy while he is away.
    Aaron writes Nighthawk in a very similar manner to Black Panther anyway, I can see him using Nighthawk as a Panther replacement until Ridley has T'Challa makes his return.

Or I could be totally wrong and T'Challa sticks around.
    What do you think?

Yeah, this is the point I'm trying to make - where is the leader of the Avengers during Judgment Day?
    That problem could've been solved by using characters who don't have solo books just like in the old days. Like why the hell is still using Thor and Iron Man? They can both leave and stick with Valkyrie or bring in Scott Lang.

Also if Aaron ignored Coates (can't believe they gave such a boring dude Captain America), he would also ignore Ridley and whoever is writing the upcoming Captain America books.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Who is the woman wearing the green (dress) with hat and pistols? It looks like she has a Phoenix icon on her.
    Yeah, that's a Phoenix host - the Reno Phoenix of the Wild West. She was briefly introduced in Avengers 50.

RCO023_1641391290.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    We have the present day Avengers:
    King Thor
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Iron Man
    Echo (Phoenix host)
    Nighthawk

And we have the historical Avengers:
    The Soldier Supreme / World War II era
    Young Thor / Middle Ages era
    Reno Phoenix / Wild West era
    Starbrand Kid / Wild West era
    The Samurai of Vengeance / Japan Edo period
    The Drunken Dragon Fist / ? era
    Dinosaur Starbrand / Prehistoric era

So are we finally getting that past Avengers team Young Thor and that Atlantean princess were on?

Yeah, that's a Phoenix host - the Reno Phoenix of the Wild West. She was briefly introduced in Avengers 50.

RCO023_1641391290.jpg

We have the present day Avengers:
    King Thor
    Captain America
    Captain Marvel
    Iron Man
    Echo (Phoenix host)
    Nighthawk

And we have the historical Avengers:
    The Soldier Supreme / World War II era
    Young Thor / Middle Ages era
    Reno Phoenix / Wild West era
    Starbrand Kid / Wild West era
    The Samurai of Vengeance / Japan Edo period
    The Drunken Dragon Fist / ? era
    Dinosaur Starbrand / Prehistoric era
    Hey thanks so much for answering my question!

I didn't know there was another Phoenix (host) right now with Echo still being Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

There isn't. She's from about 130 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That problem could've been solved by using characters who don't have solo books just like in the old days. Like why the hell is still using Thor and Iron Man? They can both leave and stick with Valkyrie or bring in Scott Lang.

Also if Aaron ignored Coates (can't believe they gave such a boring dude Captain America), he would also ignore Ridley and whoever is writing the upcoming Captain America books.
    Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing are writing Steve, Tochi Onyebuchi is writing Sam.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-14-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey thanks so much for answering my question!

I didn't know there was another Phoenix (host) right now with Echo still being Phoenix.
    Omg this is starting to feel like a Dragon Ball Z comic, I jumped off of this run during the Ghost Riders storyline but I still read issues and keep myself updated on all things Avengers.
    I didn't mind the World War She Hulk arc but this is getting ridiculous.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

This looks soooooo stupid.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are we finally getting that past Avengers team Young Thor and that Atlantean princess were on?
    They showed up briefly in Avengers 38 - they were fighting Apocalypse.
    But yeah, if the current Avengers are travelling through time, I'm sure we'll come across Young Thor's team.

At this point, I think we can pretty much guess how Aaron is going to end his Avengers run: the same way he ended his Thor run.
    In the climax of War of the Realms, Thor assembled a group of Thors from across the time stream (Young Thor, Modern Thor, Old King Thor, Jane Foster Thor) to take down Malekith.

The Avengers ending is going to be a bigger version of that: a group of Avengers from across the time stream (Odin's 1000000 BC Avengers, Young Thor's 1000 AC Avengers, the Secret Invaders, the modern Avengers, etc.) plus the Multiversal Avengers assembled by Robbie Reyes over in Avengers Forever team up to take down Mephisto's Council of Red and Mephisto's supervillain team - the Masters of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    As much randomness as we can fit into one page!

JLA/Avengers is being released again in limited supply.
    Kurt Busiek visited with George Perez today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    The definition of Aaron’s fanfiction level Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    JLA/Avengers is being released again in limited supply.
    Kurt Busiek visited with George Perez today.
    They’re going to do another printing?? Or are you talking about the nigh impossible to get without paying out the ass one that was released last week?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    They’re going to do another printing?? Or are you talking about the nigh impossible to get without paying out the ass one that was released last week?
    Perez worked at both DC and Marvel so I guess they somehow came to an agreement.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Perez worked at both DC and Marvel so I guess they somehow came to an agreement.
    I realize that, but the reprint that came out last week only had a print run of 7000 and is being scalped all over. I was asking if they’re doing another print run of the Hero Initiative one that just came out?