Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

This is still my Avengers:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm rewatching these as we speak lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hoping 2022 will be a better year for Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Really liked Remender's run on Uncanny Avengers. Initially, I didn't appreciate his story format. I felt it was too long. Seriously, the whole story with the Apocalypse kids and Kang just seemed to drag on and on. However, reading it in it's totality, I see how awesome it is. Remender knew how to raise the stakes, destroy any sense of hope, but then pivot and convince the reader that yeah Uncanny Avengers just might pull this through. It was also a cool blend of Avengers and X-Men history, heroes, and villains.

Wish we could see that Unity Squad one more time.
    I know, right?! Definitely deserving of another chance...

BANNED

Speaking of current matters I won't be surprised if avenger prime turned out to be either Jane Foster or Devil Stark.

Really liked Remender's run on Uncanny Avengers. Initially, I didn't appreciate his story format. I felt it was too long. Seriously, the whole story with the Apocalypse kids and Kang just seemed to drag on and on. However, reading it in it's totality, I see how awesome it is. Remender knew how to raise the stakes, destroy any sense of hope, but then pivot and convince the reader that yeah Uncanny Avengers just might pull this through. It was also a cool blend of Avengers and X-Men history, heroes, and villains.

The team just kind of bickered or argued too much for my liking. Like, I get that was part of the point to some extent but it made them come off as unlikeable (especially in the context of the way Remender wrote Wanda's guilt, or lack there of, towards Mutants).

I liked the concept, the roster, and the scope, but Duggan delivered a more fun Unity Squad, short-lived as it was.

Extraordinary Member

If only they'd been allowed to use Wanda and Pietro it would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If only they'd been allowed to use Wanda and Pietro it would have been perfect.
    If only they had gotten a third season...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Uncanny Avengers group, more so under Duggan than Remender and would have loved to see that book continue. And while not the worst run, I've just not been able to get into Aaron's run. I appreciate Aaron's interest in the Phoenix Force, but seriously haven't cared for his handling of the 'character'.
    The one thing I wish they would do is bring Songbird into the Avengers. Maybe Kurt Busiek needs to return to the book. I loved the line-up for the original Forever mini series.

My Man. THis coulda been the DCAU JL. Its so good, I got my family into it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Maybe Kurt Busiek needs to return to the book. I loved the line-up for the original Forever mini series.
    I...don't see that happening. Marvel has proven talent like Dan Jurgens, Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, Ron Lim but they seem to be kept at the outskirts of the Marvel Universe. I find it strange because out of the current generation of writers working on Marvel titles there is only four I would consider stars Cates, Ewing, Slott, Zdarsky. Now...how many superhero titles does Marvel crank out?

Maybe the editors just want to work with the people they know?
    Is the current talent cheaper, easier to control?
    Is the older talent intimidating, too expensive?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This book was a light in the darkness, during an otherwise dismal era in Avengers history...
    Exactly this!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I did not like the Remender run for the exact reason you didn’t. And I bought the Omni for the same reason you did. I just haven’t reread it yet. Wish they’d release the second Omni. I enjoyed that rum much more.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

How about--the oddball teams!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The one thing I wish they would do is bring Songbird into the Avengers. Maybe Kurt Busiek needs to return to the book. I loved the line-up for the original Forever mini series.
    In agreement with everything you've mentioned, especially about Songbird. Let the prophecy be fulfilled, I'd say...

This is what the Avengers should always be like!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Yo. Where my Mighty Avengers at?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This book was a light in the darkness, during an otherwise dismal era in Avengers history...
    I agree! It wasn't perfect (far from it), however, compared to what we were getting at the time, it was awsome!

Peace