Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    RDJ has bowed out of the MCU game and it's probably a bit early to cast somebody else as Iron man, even if it's another universe. The MCU being designated 616 is just a reference and what universe 838 calls it. It's not the official designation.

WandaVision did not end with domestic bliss for Wanda, rather she lost everything and was using the Darkhold which has a corruptive influence. So bad stuff happening was always a possibility.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for your reply

Astonishing Member

I'm quite worried around the remaining members of the Squadron Supreme of America. I mean, we don't know what they are up to, but one thing's for sure: They are not willing to become puppets of anyone (Goverments or Devil) ever again.

They clearly have a grudge against the Avengers, but I think they should hate Mephisto even more. If they attack the Avengers, they would always fit the role Mephisto created them for: To destroy the Avengers. Therefore, even if it's very unlikely, I think it would be logic for this Squadron Supreme to join the Avengers against Mephisto; even if it's not for the greater good, but only because they want to destroy Mephisto as much as Nighthawk right now.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Tigra was soooo out of place in this line-up.
    Tigra does have a habit of finding herself in that predicament often. I remember an early Avengers story where she quit, thinking that she was out of her league. Now she's on a team with the likes of the mother of Galactus, Loki, Blue Marvel and America Chavez. "Strange Bedfellows" should be the title of that book.

(Weird! As I typed that last sentence, Fleetwood Mac's "Over My Head" starts to play on my stereo. The Fates must agree.)

Astonishing Member

While I feel Gillen has managed to use the Avengers having an ancient secret history far better than Aaron has, but I must admit that unless he’s taking over the title after Judgement Day I’m somewhat suspicious of the Avengers being dragged in

I do wonder if that's the case... neither Avengers nor Fantastic Four have their usual writers for AXE, and now it turns out Slott's run is ending next month. Is Aaron's too?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Tigra does have a habit of finding herself in that predicament often. I remember an early Avengers story where she quit, thinking that she was out of her league. Now she's on a team with the likes of the mother of Galactus, Loki, Blue Marvel and America Chavez. "Strange Bedfellows" should be the title of that book.

(Weird! As I typed that last sentence, Fleetwood Mac's "Over My Head" starts to play on my stereo. The Fates must agree.)
    Love Fleetwood Mac.

Peace

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I do wonder if that's the case... neither Avengers nor Fantastic Four have their usual writers for AXE, and now it turns out Slott's run is ending next month. Is Aaron's too?
    God, I hope so.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I just hope Avengers and FF don’t switch writers…. I don’t want Aaron near the FF…

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wouldn’t mind having Slott on the Avengers, but I’d like to see someone like Christos Gage or Dennis Hopeless come on as a co-writer, as his Avengers stuff really felt elevated with a co-writer. Honestly I want to see Ram V on the Avengers, and Al Ewing on the FF.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 06-09-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wouldn’t mind having Slott on the Avengers, but I’d like to see someone like Christos Gage or Dennis Hopeless come on as a co-writer, as his Avengers stuff really felt elevated with a co-writer. Honestly I want to see Ram V on the Avengers, and Al Ewing on the FF.
    Dennis Hopeless Hallum would be absolutely awesome on the Avengers. Loved his Spider-Woman run. She would definitely have a home in the Avengers if he wrote it. Time for Aaron to move on.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Slott's Mighty Avengers run was pretty great, I wouldn't mind it

I liked his Mighty Avengers but I feel like we could do more than Slott.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked his Mighty Avengers but I feel like we could do more than Slott.
    I wouldn't even know who is a big enough name to take over a flagship title.

I would love a writer who can get 24 - 36 issues with a cohesive story similar to Hickman.

I think it would be amazing if Marvel can poach Johns away from DC, his short tenure on the Avengers was pretty amazing and I enjoyed his voice for T'Challa, Rogers, and Stark

Hell yes to both but I wouldn't mind having Aaron on FF.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It might be that he moves over to the multiversal/time travel stuff fully for a while

Since it looks like Avengers mountain will be destroyed in AXE, at the very least they’ll be moving elsewhere