Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I want the Avengers back in New York City. I am glad that their Celestial base is being destroyed.

Incredible Member

Agreed. Better still if they're back in the mansion. Brevoort has stated they'll never go back there, but maybe it's time for Brevoort to go. The last few runs of the title haven't been great, and I'm losing hope the team will ever go back to something I just had to have every month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Agreed. Better still if they're back in the mansion. Brevoort has stated they'll never go back there, but maybe it's time for Brevoort to go. The last few runs of the title haven't been great, and I'm losing hope the team will ever go back to something I just had to have every month.
    I would really rather not give anyone the ammunition and f calling the Avengers the ‘country club’ team. Again

It’s been aggravating enough whenever Ewing does it

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I want the Avengers back in New York City.
    Agreed. Better still if they're back in the mansion.
    Couldn't agree more. The return of Avengers Mansion would be a godsend (IMHO):

I don't care about them being a "country club," they're Superheroes it shouldn't really matter that they're based out of a mansion or tower anymore than when the X-Men lived in a mansion filled with a bunch of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The return of Avengers Mansion would be a godsend (IMHO):

I loved when we found out that the old Avengers Mansion was just blocks away on the same 5th Avenue as the Hellfire Club!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved when we found out that the old Avengers Mansion was just blocks away on the same 5th Avenue as the Hellfire Club!
    Same. The hypocrisy of the elites is always a fun theme, especially when it comes to caped crusaders.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Same. The hypocrisy of the elites is always a fun theme, especially when it comes to caped crusaders.
    True....plus it was fun to hear the good-guy mansion was just 5 blocks from the bad-guy mansion, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Or the ps4 spider-man game where you swing past dr Stranges house all the time. Some battles are right outside his house in the game! Lol. Guess strange is on lunch break.

The trouble i had with the avengers mansion is how easy it was to break in. Even the avengers cartoon bad guys broke in almost every episode. You have tony, bruce and hank and reed is down the road and you can't put some kind of defenses in there? They did start in the 80s with robot hands and guns but a 5 year old could still get in in some stories. (did give marvel boy a hard time in new warriors however.)

At least the ff hqs upped it's defense after the 22nd sneak in, in fact wolverine only snuck in in infinity war because sue let him sneak in!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-12-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Or the ps4 spider-man game where you swing past dr Stranges house all the time. Some battles are right outside his house in the game! Lol. Guess strange is on lunch break.

The trouble i had with the avengers mansion is how easy it was to break in. Even the avengers cartoon bad guys broke in almost every episode. You have tony, bruce and hank and reed is down the road and you can't put some kind of defenses in there? They did start in the 80s with robot hands and guns but a 5 year old could still get in in some stories. (did give marvel boy a hard time in new warriors however.)

At least the ff hqs upped it's defense after the 22nd sneak in, in fact wolverine only snuck in in infinity war because sue let him sneak in!
    That just kind of comes with the territory of being a Superhero headquarters.

At least it's not STAR Labs...

Yeah, how many times has a villain breached Team Flash's base?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I have a fondness for the mansion but frankly it's very low down on my lists of things I'd like to see return to an Avengers book. To me the Avengers is a more malleable franchise than the Justice League and I've enjoyed it in it's various modes over the years but it's been sooo long since we had a traditional Avengers team even though the movies have made stars out of some of the stalwarts. I'd love a roster that had Captain's America and Marvel with Iron Man, Thor and Black Panther with Scarlet Witch, Vision and Hawkeye to go with them. I don't care where or what their head quarters are just give me a more classic lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I have a fondness for the mansion but frankly it's very low down on my lists of things I'd like to see return to an Avengers book. To me the Avengers is a more malleable franchise than the Justice League and I've enjoyed it in it's various modes over the years but it's been sooo long since we had a traditional Avengers team even though the movies have made stars out of some of the stalwarts. I'd love a roster that had Captain's America and Marvel with Iron Man, Thor and Black Panther with Scarlet Witch, Vision and Hawkeye to go with them. I don't care where or what their head quarters are just give me a more classic lineup.
    I 100% agree, I'm looking forward to the new Avengers series "Avengers All Out" or is it "All Out Avengers" ?.
    I would much rather having Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, She Hulk and the Scarlet Witch on the roster.
    Just let me know when Jason Aaron is off the regular title, I just hope that he takes the Starbrand, Echo Phoenix, Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes, Blade and the new Nighthawk with him.
    As for an headquarters they should just kick the X-Men out of their tree house and send them packing back to Krakoa.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 06-12-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Yeah, how many times has a villain breached Team Flash's base?
    Or the x-men mansion blown up? They must have fixed it a dozen times by now!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Or the x-men mansion blown up? They must have fixed it a dozen times by now!
    Given the levels of power that some Avengers villains have, we're lucky that the state of NY and the entire eastern seaboard isn't destroyed at least once a month.