Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Or the ps4 spider-man game where you swing past dr Stranges house all the time. Some battles are right outside his house in the game! Lol. Guess strange is on lunch break.

The trouble i had with the avengers mansion is how easy it was to break in. Even the avengers cartoon bad guys broke in almost every episode. You have tony, bruce and hank and reed is down the road and you can't put some kind of defenses in there? They did start in the 80s with robot hands and guns but a 5 year old could still get in in some stories. (did give marvel boy a hard time in new warriors however.)

At least the ff hqs upped it's defense after the 22nd sneak in, in fact wolverine only snuck in in infinity war because sue let him sneak in!
    Avengers Mansion and Tower is free estate.
    Baxter Building gets launched into space or another dimension.
    X-Mansion blows up more than a fireworks factory.

Spider-Man probably glad he's broke.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Slott's Mighty Avengers run was pretty great, I wouldn't mind it
    I liked it too. And he had quite a lot of restrictions in regards to what toys he could play with then. Makes you wonder what he could do with full access to the toy store.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I want the Avengers back in New York City. I am glad that their Celestial base is being destroyed.
    Yes. I prefer a more grounded Avengers, instead of a team isolated in the artic. Of course, I'd love for them to return to the Mansion, but even an upstate compound, in synergy with the films, would be. IMHO, an improvement.

Peace

Thor and Valkyrie are redundant. There should be only one Asgardian character on the team at one time.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thor and Valkyrie are redundant. There should be only one Asgardian character on the team at one time.
    I really wish Marvel had invested as much time in exploring pantheons other than the Greco-Roman and Norse variety. Seems like we get stuck reading the same cast of gods.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I really wish Marvel had invested as much time in exploring pantheons other than the Greco-Roman and Norse variety. Seems like we get stuck reading the same cast of gods.
    That would be so cool. Whenever a god from another pantheon appears it's usually an evil god. Where are the good god's from those pantheons??

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    That would be so cool. Whenever a god from another pantheon appears it's usually an evil god. Where are the good god's from those pantheons??
    Yeah this was really egregious in Chaos War, like where are the Shinto Gods?
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-14-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Valkyrie's own book shows why that's not true. Have you read Jane Foster and the Mighty Thor #1 yet? Jane gets the chance to wield Mjolnir again but chooses to go find Odinson as Valkyrie instead of taking on her Thor form (at least for now. Given the name of the book she probably will use the Thor powers later). Their power sets aren't the same.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I liked it too. And he had quite a lot of restrictions in regards to what toys he could play with then. Makes you wonder what he could do with full access to the toy store.

Yes. I prefer a more grounded Avengers, instead of a team isolated in the artic. Of course, I'd love for them to return to the Mansion, but even an upstate compound, in synergy with the films, would be. IMHO, an improvement.

Peace
    I kind of think Slott works better that way, though. His runs featuring lower-profile characters are usually much better received.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Avengers Mansion and Tower is free estate.
    Baxter Building gets launched into space or another dimension.
    X-Mansion blows up more than a fireworks factory.

Spider-Man probably glad he's broke.
    Don't forget that one time when a bunch of vandals tried to burn down Spidey's apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I kind of think Slott works better that way, though. His runs featuring lower-profile characters are usually much better received.
    Could be. I know he can be oftimes contoversial.

Peace

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Holy crap. Over a month with no traction in this thread. I blame Aaron’s chokehold on the franchise.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Oh! Also—did anyone else notice that WCA only had one chairman for its 102 issue run? Seemed like it was almost an afterthought.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well, if we want news, Marvel seems to have released October's solicitations early.

Avengers_Vol_8_61.jpg

HISTORY'S MIGHTIEST UNTOLD SECRETS!
    Jason Aaron (W) / Ivan Fiorelli (A)
    If the Avengers hope to survive being lost in time, they'll need the help of some of history's greatest heroes, from the Thor of the Viking Age to the T. Rex Starbrand at the dawn of time, plus all the forgotten Avengers of bygone eras whose stories can finally be told.

Also, from Tom Brevoort's Substack:

https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/not-a-good-person

Q: Is the Aaron Era on Avengers going to keep on going for some time or are we nearing the end?
    A: If an ending were in the offing, Steve, I don’t know that I would announce that in a Newsletter such as this one. But we are headed to a big climax next year in both AVENGERS and AVENGERS FOREVER, one that will have both titles interacting directly over the course of some months. A well-known artist is already penciling the kickoff book, which you’ll see in…November, I think? So solicitations will be out shortly that will give you a few more details.

Aaron is apparently working on a Marvel comics event for next year which will crossover Avengers and Avengers Forever.
    I suspect this will be the finale of Aaron's run and will involve all the Avengers (across time and across the Multiverse) taking the war to Mephisto and his Council of Red.

We'll probably hear more news about this in SDCC.

Astonishing Member

The execution hasn’t really worked out, but I do like the concept of a secret history of avengers teams dating back to the dawn of time

I feel like even without having other Avengers ongoings there've been too many Avengers teams in Aaron's run.