Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

One of the best stories EVER! Great writing, Great art, Great characters! The comic book trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    How about--the oddball teams!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That annual is probably my favorite standalone Avengers story of all! I love it and love the oddball line-up.
    As for Simonson's New Avengers (yeah! Bendis never had an original thought in his whole life. Simonson did Disassembled and Nrew Avengers years before he did, AND, he did it better!), I was curious to see where he would have taken them. Sadly, it was not to be. a couple of fill-ins and Byrne came along and undid everything. Too Bad!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is still my Avengers:

It was a great cartoon series, and that is a fine line-up.

Hoping 2022 will be a better year for Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Loved this series as well! Avengers Forever was an awesome miniseries. I remember reading it just when Busiek and Perez were in the midst of their run on the title. Thus, there was a lot of buzz around anything Avengers. On the surface, the casual comics fan could be confused by it. It was steeped in Avengers history. The issue that told the "secret history" of the Avengers edged on the dense. But Busiek's writing was so good that you never felt lost. Finally, regardless of the issue, Pacheco's art was dynamic and action packed. The series also made me a fan of Kang. Him taking down the Time Lord showed how badass he could be.

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Nice article on how the Avengers became a franchise at Marvel!

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-new-mighty/

It also mentions the key differences between the Avengers and the Justice League. However, as I've said in the past, the reason I became a fan of the Avengers was because of they were the underdogs. They weren't the main franchise at Marvel, but rather the team that had the reputation but didn't have the sales. They were ostensibly Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but could be defeated rather easily. Seriously, put gun to Captain America's or Wasp's head, pull the trigger, and your leader is dead. Yet somehow, someway the team, in whatever incarnation it's in, has always found a way.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 01-04-2022 at 05:21 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Speaking of current matters I won't be surprised if avenger prime turned out to be either Jane Foster or Devil Stark.
    I'm about 99% certain that the Avenger Prime at Infinity's End is a future version of Robbie Reyes of Earth-616.

There are a couple of clues that point to this:

a) In Avengers 750, the Deathloks that arrive at Avengers Mountain identify Robbie Reyes (and only Robbie Reyes, out of a group consisting of Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Namor and Valkyrie) as an Omni-Avenger.

b) In FCBD 2021 Avengers, the narration states that the Avengers Tower at Infinity's End was built by 'many Starks and Thors and Visions'. In Avengers Forever 1, who do we find on Earth-818 planning to rescue Robbie Reyes from the Black Skull? Ant-Man (Tony Stark) and the Half-Vision.

c) Marvel claims to be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Ghost Rider this year, even going so far as to call it 'The Year of Vengeance'. I'm sure part of this is related to the Benjamin Percy Ghost Rider ongoing starring Johnny Blaze that is launching in a few months, but I speculate that another part of this is the reveal that Robbie Reyes is Avenger Prime, either in Avengers or Avengers Forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's what I think the general idea behind Avengers Forever is:

Robbie Reyes of Earth-616, guided by the Last Deathlok, will go on a multiversal journey across the many Earths ravaged by the Multiversal Masters of Evil.
    Along the way, he finds the corpses of all those slaughtered by the MMoE, which hardens his heart, and the survivors of the massacre, who join him to form a team.
    Eventually, this team, the All-Vengers, ends up at the God Quarry in the deep past.
    Now determined to stop the MMoE, they build Avengers Tower there and Robbie Reyes becomes their leader, Avenger Prime.
    The corpses of all the people slaughtered across the Multiverse are converted into Avenger Prime's Deathlok army, capable of travelling through the Superflow.
    In present day, the Avenger Prime sends out his Deathloks across the multiverse to deliver a warning that the Multiversal Masters of Evil are coming.
    One of these Deathloks arrive at the Avengers Mountain of Earth-616, which sets the Robbie Reyes there on a multiversal adventure, thus completing the time loop.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason Aaron has said that his vision for Robbie in the first 50 issues of Avengers was that Robbie was the audience surrogate character, the small-time local superhero who gets invited by the godlike Avengers to Avengers Mountain.
    There, under their tutelage and guidance, he gains confidence and learns to become a proper superhero and leader as well as a better sibling to his brother.
    Now, in Avengers Forever, Robbie finds himself alone in another universe without the Avengers, his support systems or his brother.
    So now it's his turn to become a leader and inspire and guide others into becoming proper superheros.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Jason Aaron has said that his vision for Robbie in the first 50 issues of Avengers was that Robbie was the audience surrogate character, the small-time local superhero who gets invited by the godlike Avengers to Avengers Mountain.
    There, under their tutelage and guidance, he gains confidence and learns to become a proper superhero and leader as well as a better sibling to his brother.
    Now, in Avengers Forever, Robbie finds himself alone in another universe without the Avengers, his support systems or his brother.
    So now it's his turn to become a leader and inspire and guide others into becoming proper superheros.
    Wow, I can't wait to not read it!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

jason aaron has said that his vision for robbie in the first 50 issues of avengers was that robbie was the audience surrogate character, the small-time local superhero who gets invited by the godlike avengers to avengers mountain.
    Now, in avengers forever, robbie finds himself alone in another universe without the avengers, his support systems or his brother.
    first 50 issues!?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    LOL! Me too!

Peace

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm about 99% certain that the Avenger Prime at Infinity's End is a future version of Robbie Reyes of Earth-616.

<clipped>
    Oh for crying out loud ... what a horrible choice by Aaron, if true.

I agree 200%
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

a) In Avengers 750, the Deathloks that arrive at Avengers Mountain identify Robbie Reyes (and only Robbie Reyes, out of a group consisting of Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Namor and Valkyrie) as an Omni-Avenger.

b) In FCBD 2021 Avengers, the narration states that the Avengers Tower at Infinity's End was built by 'many Starks and Thors and Visions'. In Avengers Forever 1, who do we find on Earth-818 planning to rescue Robbie Reyes from the Black Skull? Ant-Man (Tony Stark) and the Half-Vision.

c) Marvel claims to be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Ghost Rider this year, even going so far as to call it 'The Year of Vengeance'. I'm sure part of this is related to the Benjamin Percy Ghost Rider ongoing starring Johnny Blaze that is launching in a few months, but I speculate that another part of this is the reveal that Robbie Reyes is Avenger Prime, either in Avengers or Avengers Forever.

Robbie Reyes of Earth-616, guided by the Last Deathlok, will go on a multiversal journey across the many Earths ravaged by the Multiversal Masters of Evil.
    Along the way, he finds the corpses of all those slaughtered by the MMoE, which hardens his heart, and the survivors of the massacre, who join him to form a team.
    Eventually, this team, the All-Vengers, ends up at the God Quarry in the deep past.
    Now determined to stop the MMoE, they build Avengers Tower there and Robbie Reyes becomes their leader, Avenger Prime.
    The corpses of all the people slaughtered across the Multiverse are converted into Avenger Prime's Deathlok army, capable of travelling through the Superflow.
    In present day, the Avenger Prime sends out his Deathloks across the multiverse to deliver a warning that the Multiversal Masters of Evil are coming.
    One of these Deathloks arrive at the Avengers Mountain of Earth-616, which sets the Robbie Reyes there on a multiversal adventure, thus completing the time loop.

Jokes aside that's a neat analysis and it may be so that Avengers Prime is Robbie as you have so cleverly surmised but I wouldn't rule out a future alt version of Genis given spoilers:
    his return in Captain Marvel
    end of spoilers as a nod to the first series.
    Last edited by Wat; 01-07-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really enjoyed the Uncanny Avengers group, more so under Duggan than Remender and would have loved to see that book continue. And while not the worst run, I've just not been able to get into Aaron's run. I appreciate Aaron's interest in the Phoenix Force, but seriously haven't cared for his handling of the 'character'.
    The one thing I wish they would do is bring Songbird into the Avengers. Maybe Kurt Busiek needs to return to the book. I loved the line-up for the original Forever mini series.
    I...don't see that happening. Marvel has proven talent like Dan Jurgens, Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, Ron Lim but they seem to be kept at the outskirts of the Marvel Universe. I find it strange because out of the current generation of writers working on Marvel titles there is only four I would consider stars Cates, Ewing, Slott, Zdarsky. Now...how many superhero titles does Marvel crank out?

Maybe the editors just want to work with the people they know?
    Is the current talent cheaper, easier to control?
    Is the older talent intimidating, too expensive?
    You do realise that Busiek is actually currently writing The Marvels?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yesterday I got the recent Heroes Reborn event TPB in the mail. I won't comment on the story yet, for I haven't yet got into it. But I have to say, what a crappy TPB in terms of paper quality. I really thought it was going to fall apart in my hands (it didn't, thank god!). These things used to have a better quality. It's sad, since I only read things in trades nowaday. At least the old stuff, which is most of what I consume, seems to be handled with more care.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Jokes aside that's a neat analysis and it may be so that Avengers Prime is Robbie as you have so cleverly surmised but I wouldn't rule out a future alt version of Genis given spoilers:
    his return in Captain Marvel
    end of spoilers as a nod to the first series.
    spoilers:
    OMG! If that turns out to be true, then that would be totally AWESOME!!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This sounds a lot better on paper than it will when Aaron's done w/ it

Great post btw

This run had everything from the top cast to Aaron having pull to do whatever he wants and this run has no right to be this bad

spoilers:
    OMG! If that turns out to be true, then that would be totally AWESOME!!
    end of spoilers

If only Rick Jones had simply removed the negabands instead of tapping them!