Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Because somehow, she's got an MCU show.

She's a character that was never all that popular, who fell off into oblivion, and needed something to make her 'interesting' / relevant to comic readers.

The idea that the Phoenix is going to pick a first round loser, because she can copy other people, is ludicrous. I mean seriously. World burning cosmic force, needs a human to copy what???
    LMAO, true. By that criteria, should have picked Multiple Man. Aaron really has to be the worst Avengers writer ever.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Aaron getting worse than Austen.
    "Cable was right!"

Because somehow, she's got an MCU show.

She's a character that was never all that popular, who fell off into oblivion, and needed something to make her 'interesting' / relevant to comic readers.

The idea that the Phoenix is going to pick a first round loser, because she can copy other people, is ludicrous. I mean seriously. World burning cosmic force, needs a human to copy what???
    I know. Those in charge do not know the characters. And what's even worse, they do not care. Just pissin' away on the PF.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't get why Echo needs to be the Phoenix. And I read her mini.
    If I was to be utterly cynical I assume it was because Aaron knew Hickman’s planned Imperial Guard book was she leaves and wanted to hold on to the Phoenix until the Thor-mom thing was resolved, and as it happened it was also at the time that Echo getting a show was announced

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If I was to be utterly cynical I assume it was because Aaron knew Hickman’s planned Imperial Guard book was she leaves and wanted to hold on to the Phoenix until the Thor-mom thing was resolved, and as it happened it was also at the time that Echo getting a show was announced
    Man, I hope this Thor-Mom thing gets resolved...because I hate it .

Aaron's run for me has managed to become so ridiculous and bad that I strangely find myself starting to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Aaron getting worse than Austen.
    That's an interesting take. I feel like Austen's run was worse but shorter and has been all but forgotten. Aaron's run might do more long-term damage to the book.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Astonishing Member

In fairness; short of the inevitable X-Men trying to kill them all/driving the Avengers into hiding/off world there’s not many exciting status quos to tide the book over till synergy demands their return to prominence for Kang Dynasty.

Theoretically; the presumed end state of Aaron’s run is that Mephisto’s work to bury knowledge of the secret history teams of 616 Avengers is undone and the Avengers have inherited god knows how many cold cases and grudges with new corners of the MU (like new found beef with the Shi’ar and new Wakandan government that’s overthrown T’Challa) that could be the basis for a new status quo. It’s just Aaron has ensured no one will want to use it

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

In my deepest fan despair, I often feel this is also why Aaron grabbed Namor, but with Gillen and Immortal X-Men. But that's just my Marvel Editorial Hates Me conspiracy.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

In my deepest fan despair, I often feel this is also why Aaron grabbed Namor, but with Gillen and Immortal X-Men. But that's just my Marvel Editorial Hates Me conspiracy.
    Even with their rejection of his leadership; I find it hard to believe that Namor would ever forsake being an Atlantean, let alone an Emperor; in favor of being one Krakoan Oligarch among many

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    That's an interesting take. I feel like Austen's run was worse but shorter and has been all but forgotten. Aaron's run might do more long-term damage to the book.
    If all the crap he introduced is followed on, probably. Though it's very likely nothing in his run is ever mentioned again after it ends.

Astonishing Member

I’m in the weird position in that I agree that Aaron’s run has been tripe but still want his ideas worked upon by better writers because I’m a sucker for secret histories in superhero verses

They need to reverse Coulson being a devil-worshipper; that was just mean spirited spite that we can expect from the insecurity of the comics branch

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I’m in the weird position in that I agree that Aaron’s run has been tripe but still want his ideas worked upon by better writers because I’m a sucker for secret histories in superhero verses

They need to reverse Coulson being a devil-worshipper; that was just mean spirited spite that we can expect from the insecurity of the comics branch
    I would say Moon Knight and the Eternals came out it working fine with the new changes, at least due to the excellent writing of McKay and Gillen.

Echo though suffered the worst especially since her run went as far as tying her history to the Phoenix. One of her ancestors was another deaf Native American woman who became possessed by the Phoenix, of all the coincidences.

Like I appreciate the book being written by a Native American writer, but its like the current Iron Fist book, there are ideas that just don't work no matter the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully, less gruesome & more like Avengers Academy Giant-Size (XD)

I assume this was supposed to be a Avengers Academy and Young Allies crossover originally (that's why Firestar and Arana are there), but Young Allies getting cancelled after just one arc meant that it became a one-shot branded as part of the surviving series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ha, as usual I find myself in the minority. I really enjoyed Aaron's latest issue of Avengers. I'm a sucker for Westerns and as previously mentioned secret histories of the Marvel Universe. Seeing a cowboy Starbrand or a cowgirl Phoenix is fun. Also Aaron seems to have this notion that the Shi'ar were human slave traffickers. We saw it before with Brandy's mom. It's an interesting notion and there is precedent for it a la Cyclops' parents. Still figuring out how I feel about it though.

My only gripe? I was expecting Rawhide Kid, Two-Gun Kid, or Outlaw Kid here.

Aside from that, all of these issues are building towards that final confrontation against the Council of Red, the Multiversal Masters of Evil, and a hodge podge of Avengers from different dimensions. I look forward to that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."