Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    On a sad note, Tom Palmer, the inker most associated with The Avengers, has died.

He brilliantly inked John Buscema and Neal Adams on the title in the early 1970s, then he came back when John Buscema came back with Avengers #255, and then he stayed on the book as their regular inker (and sometimes colorist) right up until the cancellation of the first volume with issue #402. His style is unmistakable no matter who was doing the pencil breakdowns, so through the other pencillers -- Paul Ryan, then Steve Epting, then Mike Deodato -- it had the look of the Stern/Buscema run.
    My thoughts go out to his loved ones. RIP, Mr Palmer.
    And we still have four months to go in this terrible year.

Peace

Tom Palmer was soooo talented! He will be missed.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Two questions for the fans here...
    1: How do you feel about the X-Men as a whole? Do you...Love it. Like it. Hate it. Don't care for it?
    2: How do you feel about the current Summer Event with the Avengers included?

I'm asking because there's a theory that the various fan-bases are so very divided and separate from each other (not my experience) and that Marvel is using that division to their advantage (whatever that may be).
    1/ Don't like where the X-men are as characters (they are now supremacists and cultists) but... there is a real vision, and I wasn't that interested about their stories since Grant Morrison. From a story point, even if I don't like them, they are interesting.

2/ The event is really cool. Kieron Gillen is a good writer.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I made this same point some years ago. Denigrating existing characters because of a Marvel decision is flat out bizarre.

Right now, T’Challa is literally being erased from media and with Boseman’s death he’s not going to be in the movies anymore apparently. But BPs fans anger is directed squarely at Marvel and the creatives and NOT other characters.

X-fans should have concentrated their anger at Marvel and co instead of the constant Avengers trolling. It’s utterly misplaced.
    You are obviously right, but it was Marvel itself that promoted that rivalry and caused that antipathy. It's inevitable that it would stick to some extent.

That's a really interesting take, Tien Long...appreciate it, muchly.
    Steroid and Omega Alpha...yupp and yupp.
    No problem bro.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    On a sad note, Tom Palmer, the inker most associated with The Avengers, has died.

He brilliantly inked John Buscema and Neal Adams on the title in the early 1970s, then he came back when John Buscema came back with Avengers #255, and then he stayed on the book as their regular inker (and sometimes colorist) right up until the cancellation of the first volume with issue #402. His style is unmistakable no matter who was doing the pencil breakdowns, so through the other pencillers -- Paul Ryan, then Steve Epting, then Mike Deodato -- it had the look of the Stern/Buscema run.
    Very sad to read. I remember reading his credits for the Avengers: Under Siege storyline. He brought just a good, solid weight to the John Buscema's work.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Tom Palmer (R.I.P.) - Part 1

Tom Palmer (R.I.P.) - Part 2

Where are those pages from?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where are those pages from?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-21-2022 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! You got all the books!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Thanks. Too bad this forum doesn't have a Like button.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

[center]Tom Palmer (R.I.P.) - Part 1

Intresting that Firebird is there (she had already left when Wondy started wearing his Christmas Tree costume). I wonder is she would have stuck around and been made a member had Stern written regularly WCA. Hawk, Mock, Tigra, Wondy, IM and Firebird would have made an awsome team, IMHO.

Peace

Two questions for the fans here...
    1: How do you feel about the X-Men as a whole? Do you...Love it. Like it. Hate it. Don't care for it?
    2: How do you feel about the current Summer Event with the Avengers included?

I'm asking because there's a theory that the various fan-bases are so very divided and separate from each other (not my experience) and that Marvel is using that division to their advantage (whatever that may be).
    Tom Brevoort has said before that angry fans buy stuff, and Civil War is an example of this, Avengers vs X-Men is just a continuation of that.

I don't think Marvel intended for the divide between Avengers and X-Men fans to be as toxic as it became though, but they're still willing to do such things since Civil War II happened, at least AXE didn't fuck up in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Intresting that Firebird is there (she had already left when Wondy started wearing his Christmas Tree costume). I wonder is she would have stuck around and been made a member had Stern written regularly WCA. Hawk, Mock, Tigra, Wondy, IM and Firebird would have made an awsome team, IMHO.

Peace
    Agreed. Would've been nice to see Firebird finally get the acknowledgement she deserved from Hawkeye & for him to admit how wrong he was for ignoring her. But, don't forget the addition of Ben Grimm: The Thing. "Super-Hero Poker Night" would've been Awesome with the Wackos involved, had it not been for Ben's mutation problems flaring-up during this period.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-22-2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Tom Brevoort has said before that angry fans buy stuff, and Civil War is an example of this, Avengers vs X-Men is just a continuation of that.

I don't think Marvel intended for the divide between Avengers and X-Men fans to be as toxic as it became though, but they're still willing to do such things since Civil War II happened, at least AXE didn't fuck up in that.
    Really? So soon after they tore apart their own X-Men fanbase with Schism? Team Cyclops vs Team Wolverine? Marvel has always promoted this kind of thing. True, the fan base didn't have to react as rabidly as it does, but Marvel sure keeps pushing the right buttons.

Peace