Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But....But...Muh Strong Female Characters!

I remember when he had Natasha randomly make the Shiar Imperial Guard's issue with a pregnant lady with a cosmically powered baby about birth control or something.
    Something something men always having problems with powerful women something. Was completely out of the blue and literally something that sounded nothing like something Natasha would ever say.

I am not buying Avengers Forever or Avengers 1 Million BC, but I am reading AXE: Judgement Day. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve only dropped the Avengers titles twice since 1992, and that was during Bendis’s runs, and now with Aaron’s.
    Same here, but for me it was '89. Neither of them understand what it is that make the Avengers tick. As soon as Aaron's gone I'll be back... unless it's Bendis again.
    Last edited by strathcona; 08-29-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I am not buying Avengers Forever or Avengers 1 Million BC, but I am reading AXE: Judgement Day. Am I missing something?
    I don't think so. Gillen's Judgement Day has nothing to do with Aaron's AF and Avengers 1M BC (thankfully).
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve only dropped the Avengers titles twice since 1992, and that was during Bendis’s runs, and now with Aaron’s.
    Same!* We have excellent taste.

*I started picking up Avengers/AWC in late '91.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Civil War actually was a hit, and then AvX was also a hit, and then Civil War II and IvX...not at all. Hell, probably the biggest hit Marvel had in recent years, not just in sales at the time, but also long term-impact and acclaim was HoX/P10, which did the exact opposite of what Marvel did before- didn't pit heroes against heroes, built something intended to last, even with retcons didn't ask readers to ignore decades of stories, etc. I don't think Marvel learned the lesson, though.
    I would say that HoX/PoX did ask readers to ignore decades of stories, Moira being a mutant with a really different personality, her, Xavier and Magneto manipulating everyone all along, are big things that Hickman was asking for fans to believe.

Thing is, even with that issue, what HoX/PoX did was an attempt at giving the X-Men something new, instead of making a hero vs hero event where everyone gets screwed over by it, it tried to build instead of destroying, that made it liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I know it’s not the topic of discussion but God these pictures remind me of just how badly Aaron botched the reconciliation of Tony and Carol in his Avengers. The whole thing basically amounted to Carol saying that she’s not going to apologize for almost killing Tony which flies to the contrary of how she’s feeling in this scene here. Sure Tony’s approach was terrible in CWII but how do you not even so much as feel remorseful about almost killing a good friend just because they got better eventually? Of course that seems to fall in line with Aaron’s feminist style voices that he gave Carol, Jennifer and Natasha at various points in the early part of his run.
    Carol and Stark also get along in her comic, so it's just weird to write Carol as being an unapologetic bitch.

I remember when he had Natasha randomly make the Shiar Imperial Guard's issue with a pregnant lady with a cosmically powered baby about birth control or something.
    What?

Something something men always having problems with powerful women something. Was completely out of the blue and literally something that sounded nothing like something Natasha would ever say.
    I hear that's what he does with every female character lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Avengers have the most straight forward characters as far as I've seen, don't need to know too much about 'em, while X-Men and Eternals, if you read their stuff you'll understand the story better.

So yeah, not reading Aaron's run most likely means you're not missing much, but then again I'm not really checking out the tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Same here, but for me it was '89. Neither of them understand what it is that make the Avengers tick. As soon as Aaron's gone I'll be back... unless it's Bendis again.
    Bendis may be leaving DC since apparently the only comic he's doing now is Legion vs Justice League, but don't jinx it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I know it’s not the topic of discussion but God these pictures remind me of just how badly Aaron botched the reconciliation of Tony and Carol in his Avengers. The whole thing basically amounted to Carol saying that she’s not going to apologize for almost killing Tony which flies to the contrary of how she’s feeling in this scene here. Sure Tony’s approach was terrible in CWII but how do you not even so much as feel remorseful about almost killing a good friend just because they got better eventually? Of course that seems to fall in line with Aaron’s feminist style voices that he gave Carol, Jennifer and Natasha at various points in the early part of his run.
    Tamaki's post-CW2 run on She-Hulk wasn't that good but Aaron shat all over that. I'm impressed.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Carol and Stark also get along in her comic, so it's just weird to write Carol as being an unapologetic bitch.
    Although even in Carol's comic it seems fair to be unreasonable or make fun of Tony when he hasn't really done anything to deserve it.
    What?
    It was in the arc that introduced the baby Starbrand.

Don't remind me of that storyline. That lady was having financial problems....so she leaves earth to pick fruits for the Shiar empire?

What?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I would say that HoX/PoX did ask readers to ignore decades of stories, Moira being a mutant with a really different personality, her, Xavier and Magneto manipulating everyone all along, are big things that Hickman was asking for fans to believe.

Thing is, even with that issue, what HoX/PoX did was an attempt at giving the X-Men something new, instead of making a hero vs hero event where everyone gets screwed over by it, it tried to build instead of destroying, that made it liked.
    And that’s why the X books are now a bigger flipping mess than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Tom Palmer (R.I.P.) - Part 2…
    I just heard about Tom Palmer. That’s a bummer. Yes, R.I.P., Tom Palmer. He was a great artist and inker.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Heh...no, they aren't.

Although even in Carol's comic it seems fair to be unreasonable or make fun of Tony when he hasn't really done anything to deserve it.
    I guess Carol being a bitch is a consistent trait and Aaron exaggerates it to silly levels .

It was in the arc that introduced the baby Starbrand.
    I wasn't asking where it happened (Nor do I know about any baby Starbrand), I'm trying to understand that sentence lol.

Like is the cosmic powered baby an allegory to birth control? Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Don't remind me of that storyline. That lady was having financial problems....so she leaves earth to pick fruits for the Shiar empire?

What?
    And this reply doesn't help it in me understanding it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    X-Men being a mess is tradition .

Then again, that's just super-heroes in general too .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/preview-s...s-1-really-is/

.... if only Land wasn't drawing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/preview-s...s-1-really-is/

.... if only Land wasn't drawing this.
    I don't share the repulse others seem to have for Land's work, so I guess I'm up to checking this out.

Peace