Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    only three issues for a finale arc? wow (also thank the gods)
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Nevermind it's 10 parts long, Tom just said on his twitter
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Based on the solicitations so far, I suspect the schedule will look something like this:

November 2022 > AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA 1
    December 2022 > AVENGERS 63, AVENGERS FOREVER 12
    January 2023 > AVENGERS 64, AVENGERS FOREVER 13
    February 2023 > AVENGERS 65, AVENGERS FOREVER 14
    March 2023 > AVENGERS 66, AVENGERS FOREVER 15
    April 2023 > AVENGERS ASSEMBLE OMEGA 1

So the relaunch with the new writer will be in either April or May of next year.
    Keep a look out for the FCBD 2023 announcement - it might spoil who the next writer is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I think about it, is there a difference between 616 Doom and Supreme Doom besides the power levels?

Cause alternate reality characters should at least be a little different than the prime guys, otherwise there's not much reason not to use the regular guy.
    Doom Supreme is the Sorcerer Supreme of his Earth, hence the name.
    So we have to assume that he's better at magic than Doom-616 (or at least more dogged in his pursuit of the SS title).

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hasn't a "relaunch" already happened with the premier release of ALL OUT AVENGERS a few days ago?
    All-Out Avengers is not a relaunch of the flagship title.
    It's an Avengers side book, just like the Savage Avengers book currently going on.
    A proper relaunch (with Avengers Vol 9 presumably) will happen when Aaron ends his run next year.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 09-09-2022 at 12:43 AM.

Here are the new solicits, if anyone is interested.
    I wonder how Bryan Hitch is doing both this Alpha issue and Venom at the same time, he must be a really fast artist.

Avengers Assemble Part 1:
    From throughout time and the far corners of the Multiverse, the Mightiest Heroes of All the Earths are assembling as never before for a battle beyond all imagining. A war that will take us from the prehistoric beginnings of an Earth under assault by the greatest villains who’ve ever lived to the watchtower that stands at the dark heart of the all and the always, where an army of unprecedented evil now rises.
    JASON AARON (W), BRYAN HITCH (C/A)

aveng_assemble_alpha_1_cover.jpg

Avengers Assemble Part 2:
    In AVENGERS #63, it’s the showdown fans have been waiting for—THE BATTLE OF 1,000,000 BC! The Avengers stand face-to-face with their prehistoric counterparts, the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC! But if the two groups cannot work together, they have no hope of defeating Doom Supreme and his marauding band of Multiversal Masters of Evil, who have come to erase all of Marvel history as we know it.
    JASON AARON (W), JAVIER GARRÓN (C/A)

aven2018063_cover_0.jpg

Avengers Assemble Part 3:
    In AVENGERS FOREVER #12, witness THE SIEGE OF INFINITY TOWER! The all Steve Rogers Howling Commandos. The interstellar air force that is the Carol Corps. The Star Panther. The God of Fists. The Invincible Ant-Man, Tony Stark. Together, they are the greatest army of Avengers ever assembled. But will they be enough to protect the Avengers Tower at Infinity’s End? Because Mephisto has come to claim that tower’s secrets, and he’s brought an army of his own.
    JASON AARON (W), AARON KUDER (C/A)

avnfor2021012_cover_0.jpg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Oh, Hitch is by no means known for being fast. He probably had a lot of time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How bad is it?
    Spidey: I'm flying a spaceship. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee

BP: Hey. Don't touch that.
    "Cable was right!"

Does Doom really fit as the final boss? He's barely been in this run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Yeesh. This is why I don't like Peter with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    When I was a teen in the 90s, I loved alternate reality characters. Now they annoy me.
    Yeah, also not a fan.

Facepalm.

Peace

10 Avengers Reveals That Disappointed Fans
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ns/ar-AA11CUkW

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    10 Avengers Reveals That Disappointed Fans
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ns/ar-AA11CUkW
    The list seems fairly accurate (especially since it's not suggesting any type of ranking) . The only one I disagree with is the Wanda twins reveal that led to Darker Than Scarlet. Of course, it's a personal take, after all, I've always desliked the average american couple/family take that Marvel (and especially Englehart) took with Wanda and the Vision. I thought it especially ruined the uniqueness of the Vision (always a favorite). I thought that the erasure of the twins was particularly well done, and the eventual madness that took over Wanda, faced with the complete desintegration of her marriage and her family, was a very logical move (something that her flipping over years later, after making peace with it all, in Bendis' Avengers Disassemble was not). However, that's about it. I may find others to include, but I won't disagree with the one chosen. Even the Crossing, which I particularly enjoyed (but admit it had potential to be MUCH better), has, IMHO, in the way they handled (and solved) Tony being a traitor, one of its weakest points.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-09-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Yeesh. This is why I don't like Peter with the Avengers.
    I know, right?! But if done right, it could work...

Happy Birthday, Gerry Conway!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-03-2022 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Happy Birthday, Gerry Conway!
    Now this, I like. Classic Avengers goodness with Terrific Art, Story and Coloring. Plus loads of guest-stars!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Maybe not birth control but being intimidated by a pregnant woman and trying to control her decisions of what to do with her baby...even though the baby was genuinely kind of dangerous.
    Shit like this is why I'll always find it awkward when anything super powered is used as an allegory for something in real life lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't know, but if he manages to erase all the 1.000.000 BC non-sense, I'll give Aaron some credit. To get the full grade, he'll have to erase it from my mind though.
    Please don't, he'll somehow use this as an excuse to keep using the Phoenix .

I'm not surprised, the previous pages from this had him doing a "guy with arms stretched out" pose that he uses everywhere.

Honestly, even if I didn't know about his tracing, the way he makes characters pose so often looks so, off...

Now that I think about it, is there a difference between 616 Doom and Supreme Doom besides the power levels?

Cause alternate reality characters should at least be a little different than the prime guys, otherwise there's not much reason not to use the regular guy.
    Alternate reality characters don't have to care about what's going on in other comics, and they can be killed off, so there's those reasons at least, even if they're lazy.

Reminded me of this:

(Empyre Fallout: Fantastic Four).

Seriously, with situations like this, it sounds like writers think Spidey is a teenager just starting out, not a guy who has been at this for like 10 years at least...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! But if done right, it could work...

That story was... Alright, I don't like how cosmic beings talk like they're the ones who made Spidey get his powers, and ultimately the way for Thanos to be defeated here was "Spidey runs around until he rescues one of Starlin's pet characters" lol.

Not that Spidey should be able to defeat Thanos in direct combat or whatever, I just rolled my eyes when I saw Adam Warlock, but like I said, story's alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Here are the new solicits, if anyone is interested.
    I wonder how Bryan Hitch is doing both this Alpha issue and Venom at the same time, he must be a really fast artist.

Avengers Assemble Part 1:
    From throughout time and the far corners of the Multiverse, the Mightiest Heroes of All the Earths are assembling as never before for a battle beyond all imagining. A war that will take us from the prehistoric beginnings of an Earth under assault by the greatest villains who’ve ever lived to the watchtower that stands at the dark heart of the all and the always, where an army of unprecedented evil now rises.
    JASON AARON (W), BRYAN HITCH (C/A)

aveng_assemble_alpha_1_cover.jpg

Avengers Assemble Part 2:
    In AVENGERS #63, it’s the showdown fans have been waiting for—THE BATTLE OF 1,000,000 BC! The Avengers stand face-to-face with their prehistoric counterparts, the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC! But if the two groups cannot work together, they have no hope of defeating Doom Supreme and his marauding band of Multiversal Masters of Evil, who have come to erase all of Marvel history as we know it.
    JASON AARON (W), JAVIER GARRÓN (C/A)

aven2018063_cover_0.jpg

Avengers Assemble Part 3:
    In AVENGERS FOREVER #12, witness THE SIEGE OF INFINITY TOWER! The all Steve Rogers Howling Commandos. The interstellar air force that is the Carol Corps. The Star Panther. The God of Fists. The Invincible Ant-Man, Tony Stark. Together, they are the greatest army of Avengers ever assembled. But will they be enough to protect the Avengers Tower at Infinity’s End? Because Mephisto has come to claim that tower’s secrets, and he’s brought an army of his own.
    JASON AARON (W), AARON KUDER (C/A)

avnfor2021012_cover_0.jpg
    Honestly I can't wait to read this trainwreck. This run has been so bad and absurd that I have fun every month seeing how much worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That story was... Alright, I don't like how cosmic beings talk like they're the ones who made Spidey get his powers, and ultimately the way for Thanos to be defeated here was "Spidey runs around until he rescues one of Starlin's pet characters" lol.

Not that Spidey should be able to defeat Thanos in direct combat or whatever, I just rolled my eyes when I saw Adam Warlock, but like I said, story's alright.
    Spidey does have a track record for getting some surprisingly good hits in on Thanos when needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Now this, I like. Classic Avengers goodness with Terrific Art, Story and Coloring. Plus loads of guest-stars!
    Indeed. Mustn't forget those pesky guest-stars (LOL):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-03-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.