Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Mustn't forget those pesky guest-stars (LOL):
    Terrific scenes!

Some of my favorites too.

Thank you for posting it, K7P5V!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

The art is great, but Conway's run on "Avengers" was by his own admission not a great time for the book. He took over after Steve Englehart suddenly quit (during Conway's ill-fated few weeks as editor-in-chief) and he couldn't fully keep track of what was going on with the characters, like suddenly introducing a rule that Scarlet Witch's powers were cut in half when she had her arm in a sling.

Fortunately Jim Shooter stepped in to replace Conway, and ended up having a good grasp of the team and his own take on Englehart's cast.

I never liked Wanda's powers being cut in half due to her broken arm (from being shot). It never made sense to me. And all Wanda could do against Tyrak was hemi-hex a couch at him.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Terrific scenes!

Some of my favorites too.

Thank you for posting it, K7P5V!
    You're welcome, Phoenixx9! Always willing to oblige (LOL):

Happy Birthday, Gerry Conway!
    Indeed. Mustn't forget those pesky guest-stars (LOL):
    Comics' art might seem simpler back in the day (even detailed art, such as Perez's), however, it was so much more dramatic, exciting and impactful. Nowadays, technology offers us a lot more in terms of colors, nuances and of "special effects" in regards to comics art, however, something basic seems to have been lost. There are still some artists I like, of course, however, the Jack Kirby influnce sure seems gone, replaced by a touch of Mangá, and deeper shadows. I guess that's why I'm enjoying so much the Epic Collections. Such great art.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Comics' art might seem simpler back in the day (even detailed art, such as Perez's), however, it was so much more dramatic, exciting and impactful. Nowadays, technology offers us a lot more in terms of colors, nuances and of "special effects" in regards to comics art, however, something basic seems to have been lost. There are still some artists I like, of course, however, the Jack Kirby influnce sure seems gone, replaced by a touch of Mangá, and deeper shadows. I guess that's why I'm enjoying so much the Epic Collections. Such great art.

Peace
    If there's a manga influence it's really half assed, 'cause mangas can be full of energy in paneling and fights, in modern comics the actions look, mundane, and the decompression doesn't help, it's like the worst of both worlds lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If there's a manga influence it's really half assed, 'cause mangas can be full of energy in paneling and fights, in modern comics the actions look, mundane, and the decompression doesn't help, it's like the worst of both worlds lol.
    Oh, I won't disagree. It's sure not good Mangá influence.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-16-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Greg Land’s art looks so much better in Wednesday’s issue than in All Out Avengers, it’s crazy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I’ve basically become the impromptu Avengers reviewer for comic-watch, since I review All-Out, Cap SoT, Cap SoJ, Cap’n Marvel, Iron Man, and the upcoming Scarlet Witch ongoing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

That story was... Alright, I don't like how cosmic beings talk like they're the ones who made Spidey get his powers, and ultimately the way for Thanos to be defeated here was "Spidey runs around until he rescues one of Starlin's pet characters" lol.

Not that Spidey should be able to defeat Thanos in direct combat or whatever, I just rolled my eyes when I saw Adam Warlock, but like I said, story's alright.
    To me it was great as thanos didn't see spidey as a threat and ignored him even not even bothering to chase after him early in the story. He underestimated spidey and he was killed for it! Also, spidey did what the ff, avengers and captain marvel couldn't in that story. Set up thanos fall!

It also explains that odd infinity gauntlet side issue in spider-man where thanos grabs spideys soul till mistress death releases him. Why spidey? Before reading this story it didn't make sense why of all people thanos grabbed him. Then this story tells why! He led to his death!

The space stories in marvel team up like with starfox also had some fun stories and shows spidey can do well in space tales if done right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    To me it was great as thanos didn't see spidey as a threat and ignored him even not even bothering to chase after him early in the story. He underestimated spidey and he was killed for it! Also, spidey did what the ff, avengers and captain marvel couldn't in that story. Set up thanos fall!

It also explains that odd infinity gauntlet side issue in spider-man where thanos grabs spideys soul till mistress death releases him. Why spidey? Before reading this story it didn't make sense why of all people thanos grabbed him. Then this story tells why! He led to his death!
    Yeah! Classic artwork from Leonardi still as memorable as ever (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The space stories in marvel team up like with starfox also had some fun stories and shows spidey can do well in space tales if done right!
    I concur. As Cap once said, Spidey certainly can "lighten the mood."

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-20-2022 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I concur. As Cap once said, Spidey certainly can "lighten the mood."
    Yup and cap fired spidey from the avengers as a result due to it a risk for the avengers to "lighen up" after beast did the same jokes for years and hawkeye did as well. Thing joked around as well at times. No trouble with them as avengers but now all of a sudden, its bad. Made cap look like a dimwit.

That ending just screamed "we had spidey for four issues and need an excuse to have him leave the avengers". That whole part of the story just made you roll your eyes.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-20-2022 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ve basically become the impromptu Avengers reviewer for comic-watch, since I review All-Out, Cap SoT, Cap SoJ, Cap’n Marvel, Iron Man, and the upcoming Scarlet Witch ongoing.
    Is Scarlet Witch being edited by the Avengers office?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Is Scarlet Witch being edited by the Avengers office?
    I think so. Wil Moss edited the Darkhold mini, and he’s also the senior editor for books like Thor, BP, and the Hulk.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Extraordinary Member

Alanna Smith mentions on Twitter that "Scarlet Witch" is one of her books, and she edits Captain America and used to be Tom Brevoort's assistant, so yes; Avengers office.